Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SP racing tires in the USA

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 11:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Default SP racing tires in the USA

I just saw their new website and thought I would share. They make great competition tires in Italy and they are now available in the USA. Their Rally game GT competition tires are great I have seen them on youtube. Their 1/8 Off Raod selection looks pretty good too... Here is there address:

www.spracingtires.com
Old 11-30-2014, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I just started testing the "Killer Competition" series tires with the "XSS" compound and they perform nearly identical to AKA City Block Super Softs.

I was goofing around with one of my basher cars which is a modified Hyper 10SC with 10TT parts and an ATV body courtesy of DeltaPlastikUSA. I also used 17mm hex adapters and the car performed extremely well against a field of 1/10 4WD buggy cars, I was actually leading the race until I lost a wheel due to a loose barrel nut.. oops... I'll have to apply a more generous amount of thread lock next time!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Thanks SP Racing Tires!

Sure hope you guys start making them available for SC wheels soon, no doubt they would be the hot ticket!
Old 11-30-2014, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=billdelong;13689727]I just started testing the "Killer Competition" series tires with the "XSS" compound and they perform nearly identical to AKA City Block Super Softs.

I was goofing around with one of my basher cars which is a modified Hyper 10SC with 10TT parts and an ATV body courtesy of DeltaPlastikUSA. I also used 17mm hex adapters and the car performed extremely well against a field of 1/10 4WD buggy cars, I was actually leading the race until I lost a wheel due to a loose barrel nut.. oops... I'll have to apply a more generous amount of thread lock next time!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Thanks SP Racing Tires!

Sure hope you guys start making them available for SC wheels soon, no doubt they would be the
Old 11-30-2014, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by bluer322
Are these onroad tires or offroad
The one's I tested in the video are specifically for off-road, however I will soon be testing these on-road tires soon too:

http://www.spracingtires.com/8th-sca...-summer-medium

As far as "feel" out of the box, they appear to be very similar to Sweep GT50's, but I haven't actually been able to race them at the local track yet. They just arrived in the mail this past week and there wasn't any on-road racing this weekend because of the holiday... if we don't get any rain next weekend, then I'll try to post a video with me testing these tires on my GT8.