R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2014, 08:53 PM   #1
Tech Elite
 
brothainchrist0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 3,030
Trader Rating: 145 (100%+)
Default Xray NT1 2013 to 2014 conversion?

Hey guys! I am purchasing a 2013 Xray NT1 tonight and want to know if there is anything I should buy from the 2014 kit to put on my 2013 that would benefit me at all? I have read that the 2013 is by far the best NT1 so that is why I bought this one. Let me know what else is needed upgraded.

Thank you!

Kyle
__________________
Mugen MRX5 - Ielasi Modified Engines/Matrix Tires/Savox Servos/Airtronics Radio

IGT Hobbies - The one stop shop for anything on-road and incredible customer service.
brothainchrist0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:56 PM   #2
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,628
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothainchrist0 View Post
Hey guys! I am purchasing a 2013 Xray NT1 tonight and want to know if there is anything I should buy from the 2014 kit to put on my 2013 that would benefit me at all? I have read that the 2013 is by far the best NT1 so that is why I bought this one. Let me know what else is needed upgraded.

Thank you!

Kyle
Kyle,

The only real difference is the shocks and shock towers. 2013 Xray went to low profile shocks and changed the shock towers to suit. It will depend on the track surface and grip levels if this is better then the full size units that are on the 2014.

The rest is cosmetic really with the changes to the battery tray and front shaft mount. But this would involve changing the chassis and will give you no performance difference at all.

Hope this helps
Andrew
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:16 AM   #3
Tech Elite
 
brothainchrist0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 3,030
Trader Rating: 145 (100%+)
Default

Excellent, thank you Andrew! That was the answer I was looking for. I'm racing on a high Traction asphalt track. What do u recommend for shock size between the two on my track? Also, Clutch and transmission is the same correct?
brothainchrist0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:45 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,628
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Sounds like 2013 would be the go then. And no clutch is the same, however 2014 has a smaller shoe two speed which I forgot about. But this can be changed easily later.
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 03:52 AM   #5
Tech Elite
 
brothainchrist0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 3,030
Trader Rating: 145 (100%+)
Default

Ok perfect. I'll have to look and see if the 2speed is swappable. Otherwise I'm glad I made the decision to go with the 2013 nt1. Thanks a ton guys! I appreciate the help. I cant wait for it to get warm out now.
__________________
Mugen MRX5 - Ielasi Modified Engines/Matrix Tires/Savox Servos/Airtronics Radio

IGT Hobbies - The one stop shop for anything on-road and incredible customer service.
brothainchrist0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:02 PM   #6
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,628
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothainchrist0 View Post
Ok perfect. I'll have to look and see if the 2speed is swappable. Otherwise I'm glad I made the decision to go with the 2013 nt1. Thanks a ton guys! I appreciate the help. I cant wait for it to get warm out now.
No problem, the 2013 also give you the option of the optionable 4mm chassis plate like the team drivers used at Huge RC in Thailand for the IC Worlds last month.
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:32 AM   #7
Tech Elite
 
brothainchrist0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 3,030
Trader Rating: 145 (100%+)
Default

Oh perfect. Ok cool. Looks like i have some reading up to do on this chassis. I'm anxious to get it on the track. I had a mugen MTX-4R for the last 3 seasons. It was time for a change and something a little higher quality.
__________________
Mugen MRX5 - Ielasi Modified Engines/Matrix Tires/Savox Servos/Airtronics Radio

IGT Hobbies - The one stop shop for anything on-road and incredible customer service.
brothainchrist0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 07:18 AM   #8
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Kyle,

The only real difference is the shocks and shock towers. 2013 Xray went to low profile shocks and changed the shock towers to suit. It will depend on the track surface and grip levels if this is better then the full size units that are on the 2014.

The rest is cosmetic really with the changes to the battery tray and front shaft mount. But this would involve changing the chassis and will give you no performance difference at all.

Hope this helps
Andrew
You nailed it. 2012 shocks are even better for low grip conditions.
buzz777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 07:26 AM   #9
Tech Elite
 
brothainchrist0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 3,030
Trader Rating: 145 (100%+)
Default

Thank you very much for the input guys! I am very confident that my 2013 NT1 will perform perfectly than because my track is a very high traction track. I am excited for it to be warm already!

Thanks guys!
__________________
Mugen MRX5 - Ielasi Modified Engines/Matrix Tires/Savox Servos/Airtronics Radio

IGT Hobbies - The one stop shop for anything on-road and incredible customer service.
brothainchrist0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:02 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net