Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Any location for 2015 Fuel OnRoad Nationals? >

Any location for 2015 Fuel OnRoad Nationals?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any location for 2015 Fuel OnRoad Nationals?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 11:28 PM
Tech Initiate

So I guess the other 6 months of the year are out of the question or are you worried about snow in FL. As well?
Old 01-05-2015, 04:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
Technically June 1st through November 30th.
nolan last time a hurricane hit florida was in 05
Relying on the weatherman is like believing everything you read on the internet is true
Old 01-05-2015, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

George while I understand when and how as we have a place in Highland Beach that doesn't mean it would be my first choice of places to travel months in advance to an area where it could get rained out. Been there done that and instead of running longer or making changes to the schedule Roar said whoops we will just call the race. Btw George you mean to tell me you didn't have races that had rain from a tropical storm. Probably not as much in November as much as the days that get crazy humid and it rains 1-4 inches in what seems to be minutes.

So yes Frank a hurricane is an actual chance. Snow is not. I know they were run late in the season and if so that only gives you two options. Cali or FL. If they run it on Halloween to first week of Nov. will be a non issue with a kid.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Tech Champion

George while I understand when and how as we have a place in Highland Beach that doesn't mean it would be my first choice of places to travel months in advance to an area where it could get rained out. Been there done that and instead of running longer or making changes to the schedule Roar said whoops we will just call the race. Btw George you mean to tell me you didn't have races that had rain from a tropical storm. Probably not as much in November as much as the days that get crazy humid and it rains 1-4 inches in what seems to be minutes.

So yes Frank a hurricane is an actual chance. Snow is not. I know they were run late in the season and if so that only gives you two options. Cali or FL. If they run it on Halloween to first week of Nov. will be a non issue with a kid.
istc worlds were held oct 6-12th no rain at all
forgass series held in 4 different tracks in florida season starts sept
we get hit hard with rain july,aug
sept,oct when it rains it later in the day & at times when it does it dries up so quickly
Nolan Im not here to predict the weather as no can these days we close the track from mid june & re open in sept not cause of rain but more of the heat factor
Old 01-05-2015, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GMartinez
istc worlds were held oct 6-12th no rain at all
forgass series held in 4 different tracks in florida season starts sept
we get hit hard with rain july,aug
sept,oct when it rains it later in the day & at times when it does it dries up so quickly
Nolan Im not here to predict the weather as no can these days we close the track from mid june & re open in sept not cause of rain but more of the heat factor
Ehh George heat sucks a lot but it doesn't stop us from running. I understand I'm basically assuming you have the Nats based on your excitement. If so are you charging for pit spaces?
Old 01-05-2015, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Ehh George heat sucks a lot but it doesn't stop us from running. I understand I'm basically assuming you have the Nats based on your excitement. If so are you charging for pit spaces?
Nolan we had drivers that got heat exhaustion when you have track temps of over 160Deg and temps over 100 its the humidty that kills you ask drivers who came to the electric nats
until roar decides nothing is set in stone no other tracks but in a bid so your suspicion is incorrect and yes we put in a bid
Old 01-05-2015, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

I think the nationals will be at the end of April into May .
Old 01-05-2015, 02:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

All I know is that I am not going to Texas in August again. Been there, done that had fun but also fried.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah as much as I can dog Roar here or there they know Nitro on-road Nats isn't going to exactly sell out so I'm pretty sure it's Late Summer/Fall.

As for weather there isn't much we can do. Late October early November FL is quite nice. If you want it August range I think you have to go North.

So here's my question. How many legit tracks are there to hold this event?
Timezone,
I know Cali has 1-2
FL has 1-2
Ohio 1-2
Leisure Hours IL
Texas

Any full time tracks across the US that I'm missing that can properly house 1/8th scale and 100 plus people no problem?

Of those I think Seattle and Leisure are the only two with indoor pits. I know LEisure has a/c pits.

I think FL is all outdoor pits.
I know Ohio as the fairgrounds is.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah as much as I can dog Roar here or there they know Nitro on-road Nats isn't going to exactly sell out so I'm pretty sure it's Late Summer/Fall.

As for weather there isn't much we can do. Late October early November FL is quite nice. If you want it August range I think you have to go North.

So here's my question. How many legit tracks are there to hold this event?
Timezone,
I know Cali has 1-2
FL has 1-2
Ohio 1-2
Leisure Hours IL
Texas

Any full time tracks across the US that I'm missing that can properly house 1/8th scale and 100 plus people no problem?

Of those I think Seattle and Leisure are the only two with indoor pits. I know LEisure has a/c pits.

I think FL is all outdoor pits.
I know Ohio as the fairgrounds is.
Nolan florida has 4 Nitro tracks capable and a new track that is just starting a sedan nitro program for there locals racers but not capable for 1/8th
When was the last time you ran nitro
Old 01-05-2015, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Nolan florida has 4 Nitro tracks capable and a new track that is just starting a sedan nitro program for there locals racers but not capable for 1/8th
When was the last time you ran nitro
Nitro was when the RS4 was a good car to run. So it may have been a while. Electric Mod Sedan is my regular right now. Hoping to run Byron here in Nitro TC and finally finish my Nitro GT car.

I know a lot of tracks here have since closed or put in dirt to survive. I know FL it's big in the Nitro On-Road. But doesn't change the fact that building a purpose built 1/8 On-Road track isn't very common.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

The BIG QUESTION is.... Why did only one track put in a Bid for the Nats?
Old 01-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Nitro was when the RS4 was a good car to run. So it may have been a while. Electric Mod Sedan is my regular right now. Hoping to run Byron here in Nitro TC and finally finish my Nitro GT car.

I know a lot of tracks here have since closed or put in dirt to survive. I know FL it's big in the Nitro On-Road. But doesn't change the fact that building a purpose built 1/8 On-Road track isn't very common.
K Gt is a fun class
Just like F1 you don't see 100 teams but the racing is still exciting
Your last statement has me confused what are the facts your using for your statement
Old 01-05-2015, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

My statement is regarding how many tracks on US soil have a facility fully capable of housing the full on 1/8 Wedge with a dedicated track. I'm stating there aren't many.

Pooh2 as to your comment why would there be so few bids because of pricing structure. The host track needs to bid and secure an upfront price as well as be a member of Roar. Then that same Roar pricing structure means that host tracks are relying on improved turnouts and local sales to boost their year . The track typically to turn a profit after staffed to roar standards has to charge for pitting to break even on the actual event. As a business it can be a poor use of funds. Which in off -road as a massive turn out that reaches a positive funding very quick. Roar seems to have priced the market higher where people probably prefer a Winter Nats etc. At 75/person at 10 people you should be able to send 2-3 people there via airfare. Another 5 for hotel.

Btw I think George is one of two. But George may have sway at this point as you can see under his heading that he just hosted Electric Nats and Worlds at his facility.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

My statement is regarding how many tracks on US soil have a facility fully capable of housing the full on 1/8 Wedge with a dedicated track. I'm stating there aren't many.

Pooh2 as to your comment why would there be so few bids because of pricing structure. The host track needs to bid and secure an upfront price as well as be a member of Roar. Then that same Roar pricing structure means that host tracks are relying on improved turnouts and local sales to boost their year . The track typically to turn a profit after staffed to roar standards has to charge for pitting to break even on the actual event. As a business it can be a poor use of funds. Which in off -road as a massive turn out that reaches a positive funding very quick. Roar seems to have priced the market higher where people probably prefer a Winter Nats etc. At 75/person at 10 people you should be able to send 2-3 people there via airfare. Another 5 for hotel.

Btw I think George is one of two. But George may have sway at this point as you can see under his heading that he just hosted Electric Nats and Worlds at his facility.
Nolan.. I know you're local to Leisure, did Scott make a bid? Leisure doesn't even promote Nitro onroad. It's a shame as it's one of the best facilities in the States. I'm sure plenty of on road tracks could host a Nats event. Would they be ideal? No. But, we all go to tracks we're not completely happy with and make the best of it. Hopefully, we always have FUN interacting with our follow
racers. I know the financial end of things mandate most, if not all the decisions, but their are still guys like George who think of catering to the racers comes first. What's your motive for starting this dialogue? You have a place in Fla? Do what I did and by a trailer with A/C and invite your buddies in for a cold drink and some bench racing. See ya at the Byrons, if Leisure isn't a Pot Farm by then...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.