R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-16-2014, 04:04 PM   #1
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to Pooh2
Default Could a US Nitro Series work?

I was thinking something like what they do in Europe. We can kind of follow their lead and maybe our Nitro races will get better turn out?

8scale, Sedan and GT.

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?

Last edited by Pooh2; 11-16-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:19 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Add the GT8 class and I'm all in!!
Old 11-16-2014, 04:21 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylunatic View Post
Add the GT8 class and I'm all in!!
That sounds good!!!

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Old 11-16-2014, 10:29 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

http://www.midwestseries.com/

Yes I race a Snake, VP, Radiopost,Protek,EDS,Matrix
Team Nitro RC Club Lynwood, IL
azeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:52 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeroth View Post
That is not a U.S Nitro Series... That's a Midwest Series.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:55 PM   #6
Tech Master

Opinion

I'd keep it by Regions like it is. Economy still a fight. ROAR a Non-Profit Organization. ROAR doesn't pay for Flying, Transport (Rental car), food, Boarding. Driving to site regionally, You still pay for gas, room and board. Only the lucky ones are the manufacture guys, they are working for the company and have a expense report. Plus if you work for a living you take off!!
If you are retired and independently Wealthy have fun!!. I live in California for me to have flight to Florida one-way appox $375 -$400. 2nd you cant transport fuel in luggage, no tool with carry-on. /used to drive to San Francisco and Sacramento to race 7hr drive from LA. LA to Oregon border 16hrs.

It'll be nice for regions to compete with another, Right now!! I cant see it happening.
Geezatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:30 AM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

HA, George and I talked about this about a week ago. Two of the biggest problems go hand in hand, money and travel. The other being incentive.

We thought a 6-8 race yearly point series would be a cool idea with 1 drop. There are enough tracks to get it done, 4 in FL, L.A., Washington, Joilet, Toledo, and Port Jervis. There are 9 and i am probably missing a few as well. I know personally my issue would be centered around family, work, and money.

Outside of bragging rights, there could be some incentive/prize for the top 3 finishers. This would help to consistently get people to all the races outside their region if they knew there was a large prize to be had. I'm not sure what the prize would be (e.g. money, free nationals entry/trip, hotel vouchers) but i think it would draw a larger crowd and following. Not only helping the hobby, but the local track owners as well.

Just my 2 cents
Bodies by Paintin Pete
esckalayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:34 AM   #8
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm one of those retired (fixed income) guys and it would be difficult to travel from Utah to almost any east and west coast venue. I've done it and it gets pricey to do all that traveling for these races. A couple a year is all I could arrange. I do like the idea , but it's hard to locate the races without favoring the local area.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:38 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

The shear size of the United states makes this a difficult series. This is why this type of race works so well in Europe less distance between countries. I also believe the competition is really fueled between the participating countries. Where we only have states.

Loving the Midwest series

Pass you soon...
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The idea is good but the logistics are not so good. Doing it by regions would be great with doing something like taking the top 5 or 10 from each region as guaranteed spots and have provisional spots for say a big national race. However, a national race would be unfair to some because it would have to be at/near year end and by then, you will be relegated to hold that race in California, Texas, or Florida due to weather.

Then another big question arises, "Would you work this around the ROAR scheduled races or do it totally independent?" If it is independent of ROAR, will the rules be ROAR-based or a totally new set of rules?

It could work if the ones that are committed and participants want it to work. Just some food for thought...............
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:23 PM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
The idea is good but the logistics are not so good. Doing it by regions would be great with doing something like taking the top 5 or 10 from each region as guaranteed spots and have provisional spots for say a big national race. However, a national race would be unfair to some because it would have to be at/near year end and by then, you will be relegated to hold that race in California, Texas, or Florida due to weather.
the top 5 or ten would work but instead of at year end you could hold the Grande Finals the following season in april-june at a centrally located track that way all the series could have their finalist and say current point (provisional spots(current points leaders ect.)

Yes I race a Snake, VP, Radiopost,Protek,EDS,Matrix
Team Nitro RC Club Lynwood, IL
azeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:48 PM   #12
Tech Champion

Just to give everyone an idea on how this would work
American Nitro Series
This program is not to create new races or conflicts but to get the tracks to work together on creating a point series on the popular races that most attend
lets say 7 tracks 1 drop This would be a level 5 event similar to a Nationals using Roar Rules
Classes
Sedan
1/8th Open
Gt 1/8th
Fort Myers Winternationals
California very successful event Ko Race
Toledo The Great Lakes Challenge
Joilet Bryons Challenge
Port Jervis North East State championship
Washington Grand Prix
FullThrottleRcRaceway U.S.Nitro World Cup

That's my Idea all the logisitics will follow if we get the tracks to work together and get the manufactures to back it we can build this to be as strong as the ENS
I understand not everyone can go everywhere financially but we have to try to build a foundation 1st
I like the idea of having an extra race were if possible all can attend to battle it out for the championship lets say a track that is not listed can host the championship.
The American Nitro series can help out our fellow track owners to get other drivers that never experienced or race at there track before
2015 Roar Fuel On Road Nationals,U.S.World Nitro Cup Completed
2016 U.S. World Nitro Cup Dec 7th - Dec 11th
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:37 PM   #13
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I love the idea, but like someone else said, the size of the U.S. makes it difficult for most "club" guys to attend. In reality this is ROAR's job. The Regionals should be qualifiers for the Nationals, then you'd have National Series. Perhaps the top 10 guys in each region (depending on the number of regions) qualifies for the Nationals. I would reserve spots for the guys that are locals to the Natonals track so that some could attend without having qualified.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:53 PM   #14
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
I love the idea, but like someone else said, the size of the U.S. makes it difficult for most "club" guys to attend. In reality this is ROAR's job. The Regionals should be qualifiers for the Nationals, then you'd have National Series. Perhaps the top 10 guys in each region (depending on the number of regions) qualifies for the Nationals. I would reserve spots for the guys that are locals to the Natonals track so that some could attend without having qualified.
Steve the topic has nothing related to roar but using its rules as a guideline
This can be viewed to those that do attend the races listed as a reward system
It is an idea in the making were it may lead depends on many other variables to fall into play
2015 Roar Fuel On Road Nationals,U.S.World Nitro Cup Completed
2016 U.S. World Nitro Cup Dec 7th - Dec 11th
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:12 PM   #15
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Steve the topic has nothing related to roar but using its rules as a guideline
This can be viewed to those that do attend the races listed as a reward system
It is an idea in the making were it may lead depends on many other variables to fall into play
George, I understand what you're saying, and what the thread is about. All I'm saying is that(I'm not gonna use the R word) a US Nitro Series could work if we use regional races to qualify drivers for one, 1, race where a US Nitro champion can be crowned. There's no way, IMHO, to have a bonafide US Nitro Series. The biggest problem is the travel. Most of us can only afford, monetarily, one fly away race a year, and even if we have the money, most of us are not going to have the time to fly around the country attending several races, as most of us have jobs.

Someone else came out with the idea of using regional races. I personally think that the best way to use this idea is to use regional races to qualify drivers for a big race where 1 champion for each class is crowned.

While I think your idea is valid, it can lead to the series not lasting more than a few years as racers get tired of spending the money every year, year round, which leads to falling attendance and to eventually series termination.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote