Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Could a US Nitro Series work?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can't think in the myopic scope, got to think more big picture. Sometimes things need a shakeup in order to meet/reach the end-goal. The main problem with onroad racing is that a lot of racers only think in terms of their own little fiefdom of what they run and nothing else. However, they don't see that in their fiefdom, what they are doing is fine for them and a few buddies but not fine for the whole class. Many think that things are good but if you look at the numbers/stats, it really is not as good as they think it is.

Like a few have said before, classes need to be limited. Everyone does not need to go home with a trophy just because they participated. Whatever rules that will be applied need to be fair across the board to all racers, free of manufacturer/distributor influences. You won't get more people to hop on the bandwagon if you are going to repeat the same things that caused them to hop off the bandwagon.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JLock
Has anyone thought about approaching the City of Henderson or the County officials with a proposal to revive Silver Bowl Raceway or has that well been poisoned by the fiasco which help in the demise of the track? Hated to see that track close.
Raced in Silver Bowl since the late 80's. To me the track was mediocre. Track wasn't really maintained. a little Henry's in cracks. Since Silver Bowl was on County parks and recreation, and Apartment/Condo's within 25yds and noise, I see what the problem was. Years ago it was clear. I see few closed Car Dealership, property that would fit RC Hobby. At least its District allow it with noise, Hobbyshop, Pit area, Bathrooms, parking etc. Square footage is high, can see it here right now.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racermac73
That's how vta started and then the flood gates opened..
Let me just tell you how vta got started. A guy in Wisconsin wanted a fun slower class with cool older bodies. He got a few guys together, they raced at the club track. Once people saw how the cars looked, and how much fun they were having it spread around the midwest, then nationally. Ironically, at the first VTA nationals, there were actually multiple national Amain drivers and even a future ROAR modified champ - there to compete and have fun!

It was NEVER about another class so people could have a trophy. It's also helped attendance at a lot of tracks.

Nobody ever asked big races to include the class. The big races wanted to have the class because of it's popularity. In fact, there are several races for Vta as the centerpiece. Vta doesn't need the big races, it's popularity stands on its own.

Sorry about the threadjack...continue on
Old 11-20-2014, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Let me just tell you how vta got started. A guy in Wisconsin wanted a fun slower class with cool older bodies. He got a few guys together, they raced at the club track. Once people saw how the cars looked, and how much fun they were having it spread around the midwest, then nationally.

It was NEVER about another class so people could have a trophy. It's also helped attendance at a lot of tracks.

Nobody ever asked big races to include the class. The big races wanted to have the class because of it's popularity. In fact, there are several races for Vta as the centerpiece. Vta doesn't need the big races, it's popularity stands on its own.

Sorry about the threadjack...continue on
No apologies necessary; this is similar to the way 8th scale GT got started. A big, slower car that was almost indestructable on the track that would attract the "on the fence" spectator that wanted to run or a new racer in which 200mm TC was to fast and fragile. But, it is a class like this that could be the springboard to racers graduating to the other classes if they so choose.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

And my point is I don't think car counts are up... If anything its fewer than 10 or 20 years ago and I firmly believe its because there are really no classes where everyone races everyone. Much the way it was before a guy in Wisconsin wanted a cool slower class... Cool and slower do not go together at all thus the reason fewer classes carry more value. Who won 8gt in the euros ?
Old 11-20-2014, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

I hate seeing GROWN, OLD MEN all in their feelings. Let's put all the drama to the side and get this AMERICAN NITRO SERIES GOING!!!

First race should be at Ft Myers since it's the first Big race of the season.
Last race should be at Kissimmee since it's the last Big race of the season.

Let's try and get the races scheduled in the middle of those two. I really don't see where the problems is?
Old 11-20-2014, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racermac73
And my point is I don't think car counts are up... If anything its fewer than 10 or 20 years ago and I firmly believe its because there are really no classes where everyone races everyone. Much the way it was before a guy in Wisconsin wanted a cool slower class... Cool and slower do not go together at all thus the reason fewer classes carry more value. Who won 8gt in the euros ?
What guy In Wisconsin wanted this gt class ? I have been around this sport for 45 years so fill me in on person. If he is from here he is not running any more the Gt class was a bust so let it die in peace.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

George what can I do to help.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bluer322
George what can I do to help.
Tell Pooh to stop calling people Old it's not polite lol
Old 11-20-2014, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Lmfao
Old 11-20-2014, 05:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Tell Pooh to stop calling people Old it's not polite lol
Ok Pooh, you just earned your self a time out.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I see this thread is going away, and not surprising. Every track wants to host big races because that's where they make the money to keep operating. That is what has hurt racing in the country. Growth in the sport starts at the local level, yet all the emphasis is put on big races . Unless you are fully sponsored or have very deep pockets , most of these big races are out of reach for the average racer. Pooh wants two of the races in Florida. Would you still be excited if two or three of the races were west coast? I know for a long time many of the racers here wouldn't race local races because they had to save their money and equipment for the "BIG" races. It all but killed local racing. We should be focused on generating racers locally and stop trying to add another national series that few can afford to chase. Sorry , had to vent a bit.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spooky 1
I see this thread is going away, and not surprising. Every track wants to host big races because that's where they make the money to keep operating. That is what has hurt racing in the country. Growth in the sport starts at the local level, yet all the emphasis is put on big races . Unless you are fully sponsored or have very deep pockets , most of these big races are out of reach for the average racer. Pooh wants two of the races in Florida. Would you still be excited if two or three of the races were west coast? I know for a long time many of the racers here wouldn't race local races because they had to save their money and equipment for the "BIG" races. It all but killed local racing. We should be focused on generating racers locally and stop trying to add another national series that few can afford to chase. Sorry , had to vent a bit.
I was thinking the same thing. We were gaining some traction then I think other issues came up. I'm still sure this can and will work. It's not something hard to accomplish.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spooky 1
Originally Posted by Pooh2
I was thinking the same thing. We were gaining some traction then I think other issues came up. I'm still sure this can and will work. It's not something hard to accomplish.
Go back and read my posts on this thread, I had the same ideas but I was shot down by the "big shot track owners"...
Old 12-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i do believe we have to grow our home tracks first bring the new nitro racer out and strenghten the ranks so to speak the major problem is how?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.