Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Could a US Nitro Series work?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

And thanks Greg.. Looking forward to seeing you in a couple weeks. I will remember to bring a jacket this time
Old 11-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gesser26
It didn't come across wrong. You read something that wasn't even mentioned.
There is no future unless we know the past. I don't look at this as a way to benefit myself or our track. I think I look at the big picture and based on what you said it becomes all about you and the track.
I hadn't really thought about it but now that you have mentioned it. I don't think you or I have paid our dues in this sport to have a race when there are others have done more.
I have not looked at it that way either Greg and all I was looking at the past 3 years is how the ETS then EOS got established on how the success lead to the ENS and wonder how we could duplicate it since at this moment the past contributors done the best possible we need to do more to get the next level

We all have paid our dues we as racers pay to race just like anyone else to support our local tracks to have fun so we need to continue to deliver In any form
Old 11-19-2014, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

On a different note because I really think that this could work and really help put nitro on the map in the united states.. Part of making this carry value as a series like ifmar is around the world (face it.. We don't follow them and we always think our ways are better) lol just being honest. Then those same tracks that make the claims of the best in the us racing at the best in the us cannot have another race crowning a gt champion much like ifmar doesn't have or recognize the class as a championship class. As long as those races are held at off the wall tracks it will never carry real value. Tracks like kissimme and fort Myers being in forgass or hosting other events is normal but nothing that conflicts with the goals of the serious always being the bigger picture
Old 11-19-2014, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Meant the way ifmar doesn't recognize that e buggy has a world champion
Old 11-19-2014, 07:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Nitro Series

Yes it's possible and it would work and it's well overdue and and and..........
Old 11-19-2014, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Racer Z
Yes it's possible and it would work and it's well overdue and and and..........
Thank you sir!!! I agree!!!
Old 11-19-2014, 07:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racermac73
On a different note because I really think that this could work and really help put nitro on the map in the united states.. Part of making this carry value as a series like ifmar is around the world (face it.. We don't follow them and we always think our ways are better) lol just being honest. Then those same tracks that make the claims of the best in the us racing at the best in the us cannot have another race crowning a gt champion much like ifmar doesn't have or recognize the class as a championship class. As long as those races are held at off the wall tracks it will never carry real value. Tracks like kissimme and fort Myers being in forgass or hosting other events is normal but nothing that conflicts with the goals of the serious always being the bigger picture
Well said Mike but with Gt i thought the same way
now it is being recognized 1st Roar then also Efra has now recognized the class
who knows how far it can go but it needs to be supported
Old 11-19-2014, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

......... Preserve the racing as it is so that the hardcore group can have something to call their own. We have already given everything else away to newbies that quit racing and left us stuck with their shit classes and rules as it is. Want to be a U.S. champion? Run open or tc. Make a title that carries value and prestige again like Cleveland did 20 years ago. Does anyone really care about a guy that wins 4 national titles in electric every year because he runs 6 classes?
Dont know who this guy is but he definitely has his head screwed on straight!! I agree above.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

That's how vta started and then the flood gates opened.. I'm talking about the 2 classes running for 20 straight years and your talking about helping a class be here 20 years from now. Nothing about racing has true history anymore. Be the one that 20 years from 20 changed that rather than adding to it
Old 11-19-2014, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Default Why i don't post

As a electric guy who now runs nitro... Do not split classes, keep it just tc, open and masters. All you have to do is look at electric. TC mod, TC 13.5, TC 17.5, usgt, vta, novice, 12th mod, 12th sportsman, 12th 13.5, 12th 17.5, 12th 21.5... Someone has to say it so here it goes. Racing at big races isn't for everyone. The people that attend these races are real and hardcore racers that love competition and competing.. That said keep you and your list of excuses at your local club and then you can all cry together. Tired of people creating new classes so that they can be competitive against other guys that aren't competitive. There is one world champion not a A champ, B champ and a I suck the least champ. If you can't handle racing with the best and enjoy it then you should run electric, I'm sure there is a class for you and if not they will create one. LEAVE NITRO ALONE
Was curious... if this was directed at me....
Old 11-20-2014, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

Was directed at nobody and everyone all at the same time.. Trophies used to mean something before everyone got one.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JLock
The track you are referring to in Vegas is 702 Raceway. I know the owner and the young guy has his shiznit together. Good indoor track to race at if you are visiting Vegas.

As far as "sponsored" drivers, you might need to have a "pro" class specifically for them. You never want to exclude anyone. Maybe set a rule of a racer having more than 50% sponsorship from a manufacturer/distributor for the bottom threshold of being in this group. I know that it is more complicated than that but you don't want to exclude anyone but give some a point to aspire towards (a young kid wanting to someday be a "pro" driver).

The main part of this discussion is to stimulate and energize on-road racing again. Some of the logistical things can be overcome and some can't, but, if it gets racing going again in many areas where it dropped off, isn't that what we are striving for?
702 Raceway in Vegas is a nice in-door track, especially in the summer. The new place Sin City Raceway large out-door track. approximately 2/3's larger then 702. I thought this thread was only On-road. Anyway all up to you racers! Main On-Road track Silver Bowl Raceway had been closed 4 years maybe.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geezatec
702 Raceway in Vegas is a nice in-door track, especially in the summer. The new place Sin City Raceway large out-door track. approximately 2/3's larger then 702. I thought this thread was only On-road. Anyway all up to you racers! Main On-Road track Silver Bowl Raceway had been closed 4 years maybe.
Has anyone thought about approaching the City of Henderson or the County officials with a proposal to revive Silver Bowl Raceway or has that well been poisoned by the fiasco which help in the demise of the track? Hated to see that track close.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can see the point taken of limiting the big dog classes in this, but please don't step on the GT8 class that has brought new blood into on-road and helped boost nitro racing with an affordable rugged and very raceable car. That is the POINT, to get more nitro racers out to the tracks.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Definitely not trying to step on gt8 and I understand the argument for a class champion. I also heard the same argument for vta and so on. I personally feel that there are no premier classes anymore and that needs to change

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.