Midwest Series Video From Toledo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Midwest Series Video From Toledo

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

I beg to differ regarding traction! Thought it was the lowest traction surface I have ever raced on (on road). Sure traction was there, but only after the tires skidded a bit. Car would turn-in a bit slow, then bite like mad, getting the car sideways. Then it would stick and roll. Unfortunately (for me) I could not make it there for sat. More experimentation would have resulted in a driveable set-up. It was the same for everyone, so it was fair. My first time at this facillity, and it is truly amazing. Great driver stand, clean-up station, and other ameneties, make this a fantastic place to race. Track is HUGE! Radar gun had us above 75 mph on the straight!
Congrats to the 05 series winners!
Old 10-10-2005, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Well, all I can say is that there was a track record set as far as total laps in 5 minutes also the fastest laps the track has seen since 2002 World championship!!!!!!!! Sounds to me like there wasn't much traction.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1fastdude
Well, all I can say is that there was a track record set as far as total laps in 5 minutes also the fastest laps the track has seen since 2002 World championship!!!!!!!! Sounds to me like there wasn't much traction.
Eli....congrat on the 1/8th overall champ......watching the A-main 1/8th was a blast.....
By chance.......does TSRCAR or MWS post the qualifiers and mains on all classes online somewhere...? I would like to see what I did the past weekend (in times and laps and position)...thanks, Howard
Old 10-10-2005, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Yes, usually it is posted on the jlap website.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Yes, usually it is posted on the jlap website.
Thanks, I got it...........
Old 10-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

traction was there. if you were like me i had to do major adjustments to get it rght. it took all day saturday and most of the day sunday to figure it out. that track would have been perfect for a national or world level race because of the set up work required to get it right.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

They are probably from the Chicago MWS which is on a different server than the Toledo MWS race. Hopefully on Tuesday I can get the server working again.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rcbob
They are probably from the Chicago MWS which is on a different server than the Toledo MWS race. Hopefully on Tuesday I can get the server working again.
Definitely looking forward for the Cinci version of your vidoe, no rush, just want to get my harddrive space and bandwidth ready...........
Old 10-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by duneland
I beg to differ regarding traction! Thought it was the lowest traction surface I have ever raced on (on road). Radar gun had us above 75 mph on the straight!
Congrats to the 05 series winners!
Track was too much traction. It was silly. The problem was your car had too much front grip during low speed corners and not enough weight transfer to the rear once you got on the gas.
75mph is insane. Radar gun? Who had one?
Old 10-10-2005, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

Traction was insane! I posted this on our local thread (www.tsrcar.com)

I loved it! Then again, I'm most likely biased! :-)

**a pause as he steps up on the soap box**

Okay, the traction was incredible and a little much (if that's possible) ;-)

Give it up for Eli, who turned 16 laps, which from my understanding had never been done, including the 2003 Worlds held at the track with the top 150 drivers from every nation (a lot of those guys earn their living racing). Several regulars (including myself) were seeing lap times that were a "personal best" - and from what I know about racing - the stopwatch doesn't lie.

Incredible traction, better lap times than the worlds top 150 drivers during the 2003 worlds, ZERO tire wear and hot coffee on a cool morning? What more could you ask for :-) (hmmmm, this question IS rhetorical, meaning I don't want a reply) :-)

Once again while I'm on the soap box, all those members and non-members that helped pull the track together in the last few weeks take a LARGE congratulatory bow, and applaud Jessie at the concession stand, with the cool weather her hot coffee, breakfast, lunch and snacks really hit the spot.

I hope everyone, even the ones with a rougher than average weekend of racing still enjoyed it.. It beats a day at work! :-)
Old 10-10-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up Cincy

The main reason I went to onroad was because of traction issues with different off-road tracks. I don't believe their's such a thing as "to much traction". You just have to find a setup that works. At which point I'd like to thank Mugen fast pilot Ira Schultz for all his help since I went to the MTX3. A great guy for Mugen to have on their team. Also to St. Louie fast guy Larry Stone. His advice got me in the "A". Their experience with setup and track conditions is invaluable.
Big Props to the TSR crew. Your facility is awesome. I was praying for some peaks of sunshine to get some decent pics. Maybe next year. Jennies lunch wagon was great too! See ya next year!
Old 10-11-2005, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

i hope whatever was done to the track this weekend is done again next weekend. i like not having to replace tires after every heat.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:39 AM
Tech Champion

1 thing I still trying to figure out.........a track (traction) like the past weekend....how come the tire wear was close to ZERO...? (I am far from knowing what is TRACTION...)

I didn't open up 1 single pair of new foam.........I used my last weekend left over foams (58mm) on SAT........used it the entire SAT, then use another better set of used foam for SUNDAY....all mains, 30 minutes each (well, 20 minutes and some only 18 min.............) Still, I can use those foams for 1 more SUNDAY race....

I wish Hamilton is my home track.......buying foams will no longer be my concern........
Old 10-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

You can always move Howard!
Old 10-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Tech Champion

You can always move Howard!
Eli....hmmm, need to ask wife tonight.....I heard houses over Hamilton are a lot cheaper then Chicago right..?

On the other topic....can you check with Dennis (or whoever) that is in charge of the Jlap system....how come on 1/8th C-main, I am ended up 3rd (instead of 5)..? I was happy for a short period of time but I knew I have a DNF (header exploded on the straight...don't know why that happened?) and I think John Schweitzer took the 3rd....that main has only 6 drivers instead of 10 (or 12, I forgot how many...)

I just want to understand that system....or learn how to read that scoring report....thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.