Wiki Posts
Search

Region 12 Fuel Championships

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Region 12 Fuel Championships

I heard that the Rams club has decided to NOT run 12 sedan at the Region 12 Championships for ROAR which is only a few weeks away. Is this possible? Could ROAR actually approve this? I know that there was a big debate as to where this event actually was going to take place, I thought it was going to be in Vegas where there was actually other stuff to do. I was planning on running 1/8th and 1/10th sedan. If I have to run 1/10th sedan with the 235 cars I will just not attend at all.

Obviously it is time for some new blood in Roar, if these decisions are true. The Roar sedan Nats were not exactly the example to follow when you review the scoring for the A'main and let me tell you after sitting very near the tech table and watching the tech guy dump fuel out of the tanks all over the inside of the car bodies without taking the bodies off the cars, I would have been very pissed if I had a nice paint job.

I SAY IF THERE IS NO SEDAN CLASS AT THE REGION 12'S WE SHOULD ALL NOT GO AT ALL!

You know where to find me................if you have a problem with that!
Old 07-22-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i wonder if roar even knows that the sedans will have to run against 235class along with outlaw 200mm cars. oh well i wasn't planning on running any way.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I questioned the RAMS about this on SGRID. They defended running 1/10th open because it is a ROAR class. The defense as to why they weren't running sedan is because "sedans should have their own regional". This is all after the fact that ROAR national had originally promised us (Vegas) the race and then decided to let the regional director decide where the race would be held. Our regional director, Steve Wang, should have fixed this as soon as the entry form was published. This sucks!!! It is quite obvious that this is really just a glorified RAMS race as it is no secret that they have a large 1/8th class and do not encourage the sedan class despite the FACT that it is probably just as popular as 1/8th and definitely more popular than 1/10th open. Maybe we will just hold the other region 12 champs.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
I heard that the Rams club has decided to NOT run 12 sedan at the Region 12 Championships for ROAR which is only a few weeks away. Is this possible? Could ROAR actually approve this? I know that there was a big debate as to where this event actually was going to take place, I thought it was going to be in Vegas where there was actually other stuff to do. I was planning on running 1/8th and 1/10th sedan. If I have to run 1/10th sedan with the 235 cars I will just not attend at all.

Obviously it is time for some new blood in Roar, if these decisions are true. The Roar sedan Nats were not exactly the example to follow when you review the scoring for the A'main and let me tell you after sitting very near the tech table and watching the tech guy dump fuel out of the tanks all over the inside of the car bodies without taking the bodies off the cars, I would have been very pissed if I had a nice paint job.

I SAY IF THERE IS NO SEDAN CLASS AT THE REGION 12'S WE SHOULD ALL NOT GO AT ALL!

You know where to find me................if you have a problem with that!
GOOD POINT!!!
Old 07-23-2005, 05:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default sedans

rut-row!
Old 07-23-2005, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

I believe what ever one said is true and correct. If you don't wish to run a good region event then don't. Or if your only concerned with 1/8th class then tell roar this and roar needs to do something immediately and set up a sedan race. I run both clases as well and what Brad said about not going to support this race is if the screw up one of the classes is very understandable. Roar WAKE UP!!!!
Old 07-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Tech Regular

I believe what ever one said is true and correct. If you don't wish to run a good region event then don't. Or if your only concerned with 1/8th class then tell roar this and roar needs to do something immediately and set up a sedan race. I run both clases as well and what Brad said about not going to support this race is if the screw up one of the classes is very understandable. Roar WAKE UP!!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 11:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

YBSLOW, Scott Fisher, sfelish et al..

You guys don't get it.. the fuel onroad nationals have 8th scale and 235mm.. there is a sep roar sedan nats.. witness last week.

region 12 is following the roar nats format as far as classes.. you guys want a separate sedan nitro regional then set one up.

as it is.. this race allows the use of sedans.. just drop in a turbo and rip this is an open motor class. I know you got cheater turbo motors in your pit box you been dying to try.

the track is so huge that most sedan racers would be chicken to come anyways since they generally run on a 10th scale size track. were talking +200' straights and 70mph.. think you can handle that..girlie-man!? you guys would be like 14 year old virgin looking at a one eyed monster for the first time.

the classes will be as annoiunced

# 1/8th Scale 4wd Open

# 1/10th Scale 4wd Open, 235mm and 200mm combined

if you want to bring your sedans then bring them!.. you can keep sep score if you want.. and run in the 10th scale class.. I think if you get your head out of your ass..you'll see the 10th scale class, if you say is so much more abundant, will show up in mass. and be the majority of racers in the 235/200mm combined class.

As far as ripping the RAMS club for actually following the fuel nats formats as far as classes... you guys need to chill and get your panties out of a knot..ok you're all welcome to come have some fun with your .12 sedans on the biggest, baddest, knarley track you'll ever run on.

The race program at the RAMS is one of the best in the country you won't be disappointed.

YBslow, sfelish and Scott Fisher.. you want to prove what hot shots you are instead of a couple of whiney boys on the net..then grab your radio and tune your race car and bring it.. promote this race as a chance to run on a real fun track.. have fun with your racer buds..and come to the bay area..you can even cruise up to San Francisco..to go out with the boyz.

we'de love to have you..so when you show up lte us know who you are.. so we can seed the heats with sedans..
Old 07-25-2005, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

Default not the biggest

on the biggest, baddest, knarley track you'll ever run on
I have news for you badboyrc, if you ever travel to southwest ohio, 200' back straight will seem like a short parking lot track. You may have a great track, but it is far from the biggest and i would argue it probably isn't the baddest either.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Default Regionals

Guys, Steve Wang, Region 12 Director, had tried to contacted the RAMS on Friday. We are a club and no one individual can make a "voted on" change. I was on the phone with Steve Wang ten minutes ago - he is working to get this resolved. ROAR is on top of this. Updated info will follow from ROAR on this situation. We are sorry for the confusion created. Show just a touch of patience while this worked through. Updated info will follow quickly.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

sedanaddict

IN REGION 12 WERE TALKING ABOUT. WHAT A DIP

GO BACK TO OHIO..
Old 07-25-2005, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I always thought that Regionals always run the 1/8, 235, and the Sedans on the same event but it is run as Seperate classes. I understand that 1/8 is the popular class for the rams club, but you have to understand Regionals is not a club race. Nobody is bashing the Rams club, and nobody cares if you want to run the 235 class I just don't think anyone wants to run a sedan against the 235 class and the outlaw class. If it was that easy why don't you run the open against 1/8 and you'll see why some poeple have thier panties in a bunch as you call it.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

sure badboyrc, now you qualify it. why didn't you just say that in the first place?"the biggest you will EVER run".
by the way i will go wherever i want to. If you ever show up at my track where i will go is right past your a**.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Default jwf_Frani

ROAR agrees with you about combining the 235 and Sedan class - not a good idea. They are working on a solution right now. Let's move this away from the personal barbs and wait for ROAR's solution. ROAR is concerned about this. I'm sure updates will follow.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

ROAR has no say in what type of regional a track wishes to host. We ran our races seperate, this made it possible for more people to run 12 touring at one race and 8th at another. Our 235mm class is all but dead,but they ran with the 8th scales (in thier own class). If you combined the total we had at both races, it was more than if we would have ran them together.I would not be mad at the RAMS club or ROAR, I would be mad that another track in my region would not put in for a gas touring car regional.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.