Wiki Posts
Search

ifmar worlds servos

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 11:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ifmar worlds servos

Hey all just wanting to grab your opinion on what servos would you run at the worlds or any track with extreme traction.
Keeping in mind the amount of torque over weight 20KG acceptable
I'm looking for a high voltage servo.
Any thoughts?
Old 10-20-2014, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BBQboy
Hey all just wanting to grab your opinion on what servos would you run at the worlds or any track with extreme traction.
Keeping in mind the amount of torque over weight 20KG acceptable
I'm looking for a high voltage servo.
Any thoughts?
sanwa ers 962
Old 10-20-2014, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I'll be running ERS-971 and SRG-BLS v2's in my 748's on LiFe.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Default For Joel

Joel,

I have two top end HV digital brushed Futabas, one spare, these things are heavy, fast, mean mothas and kick some serious booty and a futaba brushless for throttle, plus a couple of savox spare in our kit. We're team .au and from my point of view, it's gonna be care, share and play fair... I'll get Luke to bring the servo crimper and bits, it's the wiring that will screw us before the servos.

You have no idea how hard I'm smiling thinking your dad and I will be looking at each other proud as punch that our boys are at the worlds after all these years coming up the ranks and the great times we've spent together. Unleash yourself, don't stress and we'll be turning the speed dial to 11 and enjoyment to 12!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J-K-Lb2HU8

Bring on the worlds!!
Old 10-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dan_vector
I'll be running ERS-971 and SRG-BLS v2's in my 748's on LiFe.
Cracks me up thinking that women must be thinking they're model numbers for handbags and shoes to justify why we need them!
Old 10-21-2014, 02:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
Joel,

I have two top end HV digital brushed Futabas, one spare, these things are heavy, fast, mean mothas and kick some serious booty and a futaba brushless for throttle, plus a couple of savox spare in our kit. We're team .au and from my point of view, it's gonna be care, share and play fair... I'll get Luke to bring the servo crimper and bits, it's the wiring that will screw us before the servos.

You have no idea how hard I'm smiling thinking your dad and I will be looking at each other proud as punch that our boys are at the worlds after all these years coming up the ranks and the great times we've spent together. Unleash yourself, don't stress and we'll be turning the speed dial to 11 and enjoyment to 12!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J-K-Lb2HU8

Bring on the worlds!!
Thanks Harry should be good dads pumped up and ready
Thanks for the advice I did find a ko propo bsx servo cause at the moment I'm running ko propo low profiles they work well not sure about high traction
Old 10-21-2014, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BBQboy
Thanks Harry should be good dads pumped up and ready
Thanks for the advice I did find a ko propo bsx servo cause at the moment I'm running ko propo low profiles they work well not sure about high traction
Bro, it's been [retty sticky at Moorebank too, if u can get round there, I think you'll be fine
Old 10-21-2014, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Cracks me up thinking that women must be thinking they're model numbers for handbags and shoes to justify why we need them!
Lol
Old 10-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Racing nitro cars is a lot cheaper than some of my wifes hand bags

Good luck at the worlds Harry/Luke !
Old 10-22-2014, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mrgsr
Racing nitro cars is a lot cheaper than some of my wifes hand bags

Good luck at the worlds Harry/Luke !
Mate you haven't been married long enough to be talking like that...

John, thanks for GeeUp, I think we're all going to have a blast and look forward to bringing home some awesome vision, my old boss is lending me a camera and it's gonna be epic. There's also enough aussies going to feel like a team in RC for the first time. It's going to be very interesting indoors with the noise and fumes, really small track compared to what we run on and we've never run 45 shore.

I remember the first time you came to England Park, we were total newbies and you were a weapon, I guess you had more hair, more sleep and less handbags to spend on and you were like Michael Schumacher in prime position and we were privateers in the paddock in a ragged Team Magic tent.

The best part is we've always raced with Joel and Patrick and now after many years we're headed to the pinnacle of RC IC racing together. I think we're going to have an awesome vibe at our benches and support each other, I know I have plenty of spares, Aza too, so it's time we brought our A game... A is for Australia.

Would have been nice to have you, Michael, Jay and all our Moorebank friends there too, but you're all married now and making next gen RC racers. I waited 10 years for my boys to grow up and another 7 to get here and it's been a great education for both of them. Luke's 6 foot tall and driving better than ever and now dad has decent engines and enough kit to turn up the volume. I'll be thinking of all the good times we've had getting to where we are now. If it were not for all of you, we would not have been pushed as hard to perform, so you're all part of the team imho.

Can't wait to see what funky glasses Patrick is wearing this time, we're not going with any result in mind, Aza said, we're going to go for enjoyment, we are too, and we will.

Luke liked the BlueRC site, need more parts, it's a good car too, nice work guys!
Old 10-25-2014, 02:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Luke liked the BlueRC site, need more parts, it's a good car too, nice work guys!
Thanks Harry... Not enough time in the day juggling work and family committments, but we are updating the website slowly...

Great Worlds write up on your website, I am super excited, can't wait to see your videos and photos stream through. Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Old 10-25-2014, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Michael_T
Thanks Harry... Not enough time in the day juggling work and family committments, but we are updating the website slowly...

Great Worlds write up on your website, I am super excited, can't wait to see your videos and photos stream through. Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Tks Michael, I hope you enjoy the Blue Car, it was great car for us but support moved south and no one ran them at England Park. Guy really liked his V10, I found it needed a little more loctite back then. Love the shocks and braking system!! Not sure where the development has taken it now, back then I felt there were too many screws where lamination of components and one screw would have done the same.

It's gonna be a good time, I think Aza is freaking about the flight, Im freaking about the humidity, Joel's freaking about the servos, PJ Snr is freaking over how many engines he has to run in, Lukes freaking over luggage, Lu's freaking over everything...

Have to give credit where it's due to Brad Davis and Michael Turners efforts for supporting such a large Aussie representation!

It's a freakin beautiful thing!!!