R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-19-2015, 03:47 PM   #61
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Great Racing all weekend.
Congrats to DJ and Rino.
Quail 4th they only take 4 cars to the A and the rest have to race there way in.
and you guys know what can happen in thoses semis.
With Rinos problems i was in a pretty comfy 2 with about 15 minutes to go then lost a akerman screw fixed it and about 2 laps later front left blew apart and that was the end .
the car will be cleaned up gone thru then put for sale .
in the video its the bright yellow and orange car starting 4th
Thanks to maxy fuels for the motor and fuel ,and serpent america(desoto racing)
for all the sponsorship over the last 6 or 7 years .
bcquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:51 PM   #62
Tech Rookie

TEST

Last edited by IGT8; 01-19-2015 at 04:34 PM.
IGT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 04:59 PM   #63
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Wow, what a weekend!!!

This was my first time racing the GT class and it was interesting to say the least. Glad to see all the out of towners having so much fun. A GT only event and we had 6 heats I think. Thats a good turnout for sure. Thanks to Jonny, Doug, Julian and all the Homestead crew for making this annual event happen.

I ran the IGT8 car and that car is amazing. I was under powered all weekend and still could turn fast laps and it was all from that great car. I ended up running the stock set up that Rino gave me, for the most part and never changed anything on my car. It was fast from the start of the first day till the end.

Congrats to all the GT racers and especially to the IGT8 crowd. For a new brand this thing is a real pro racers car for sure. It TQ'd the spec 5 port class and Won. And it took 1st and 2nd in the Pro class. And anyone there at the race knows just how fast this car is. Rino was on fire in the final and I was able to keep it clean and fast enough for the Win.

Rino hit a home run with the chassis and choices made to make the IGT8 a true race car.

Thanks for the great weekend and bringing a new brand to the class. It will help the class and racers for sure.

See everyone at the next race in Peru. Can't wait to run the GT again over there.

DJ Apolaro
DJ I must agree with you on every sentence you wrote !! From the drop of the flag Rino was blazing fast and showed a very skillful aggressive style that I remember from his NT1 days in FORGASS !! And yes you drove a very smart clean race and deserved every bit of the win !! Still amazed that after some many incidents (out of fuel, dead glow plug, hit out at least 4 times by 3 different drivers that Rino clawed back and got 2nd place ...WOW !!!
WELL HERE IS THE GT SPORTSMAN VID FROM THE START TO THE HALFWAY MARK !!! ANOTHER EPIC WIN FOR THE IGT8 TEAM !!
http://youtu.be/D9iI-WcNf4k
Old 01-19-2015, 05:28 PM   #64
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Wow, what a weekend!!!

This was my first time racing the GT class and it was interesting to say the least. Glad to see all the out of towners having so much fun. A GT only event and we had 6 heats I think. Thats a good turnout for sure. Thanks to Jonny, Doug, Julian and all the Homestead crew for making this annual event happen.

I ran the IGT8 car and that car is amazing. I was under powered all weekend and still could turn fast laps and it was all from that great car. I ended up running the stock set up that Rino gave me, for the most part and never changed anything on my car. It was fast from the start of the first day till the end.

Congrats to all the GT racers and especially to the IGT8 crowd. For a new brand this thing is a real pro racers car for sure. It TQ'd the spec 5 port class and Won. And it took 1st and 2nd in the Pro class. And anyone there at the race knows just how fast this car is. Rino was on fire in the final and I was able to keep it clean and fast enough for the Win.

Rino hit a home run with the chassis and choices made to make the IGT8 a true race car.

Thanks for the great weekend and bringing a new brand to the class. It will help the class and racers for sure.

See everyone at the next race in Peru. Can't wait to run the GT again over there.

DJ Apolaro
Congratulations for the Super performance, Rino, DJ, Fabrizio...wow...both classes....yoyu sure were on fire guys....canīt wait to see you all here in Lima soon ...

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:29 AM   #65
Tech Rookie

We would like to thank all the racers who attended the Pan American GT Race and contribute to make it one of the biggest GT only race there is.

There was a lot of close competition and we are very glad to have won both classes but even more to see all IGT8 drivers enjoying our product and perform at their best. Having 50% of the Open A-main shows how successful our product is considering IGT8 only has a few months in the market.

Congrats to the winners for a great performance and to the IGT8 crew that made sure everything went smooth in the pits. We always say it takes a team to win and they all did their part.

We hope to see everybody soon, next race for the IGT8 team will be the Pacific Cup in Lima-Peru where DJ and Fabrizio will join the rest of the international Team coming for the event, Pato Concha (Chile), Marco Amaral (Brazil), Herman Saa (Ecuador)
IGT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:43 PM   #66
Tech Regular

PAN AM GT PRO PRE RACE WARM UP LAPS VID !!>>>>http://youtu.be/B3zxqWh0REI
Old 01-20-2015, 02:00 PM   #67
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)

Can we get some pics and setups on the 1 and 2 finishing IGT8?
Mercenary Racer

Last edited by jmoneym; 01-20-2015 at 02:54 PM.
jmoneym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:58 PM   #68
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yb2fast View Post
THE 1 HR GT PRO A MAIN FROM START TO FINISH IS RIGHT HERE...ENJOY THE VID AND FAST RACING !! IGT8 WON THE SPORTSMAN CLASS AND GT PRO WAS A 1-2 FINISH WITH DJ & RINO ! ENJOY THE VID !!
http://youtu.be/ZCEUN2KI-zY
Who's got the qualy times. race times, lapos etc. would like to compare with previous years.

AFM
Old 01-22-2015, 04:59 PM   #69
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yb2fast View Post
THE 1 HR GT PRO A MAIN FROM START TO FINISH IS RIGHT HERE...ENJOY THE VID AND FAST RACING !! IGT8 WON THE SPORTSMAN CLASS AND GT PRO WAS A 1-2 FINISH WITH DJ & RINO ! ENJOY THE VID !!
http://youtu.be/ZCEUN2KI-zY
Who's got qualy times race results in laps and time...would like to compare with previous years.

AFM
Old 01-23-2015, 06:35 AM   #70
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm View Post
Who's got qualy times race results in laps and time...would like to compare with previous years.

AFM
AFM.....Doug M. has all that info...Race organizer and track announcer..
Old 01-24-2015, 02:16 PM   #71
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Race

This was a great event. Want to thank all the racers for helping me get setup. To many to name. Next year I wi be better and finish. Of course continue to have FUN!
astgerma52sp is offline   Reply With Quote