Originally Posted by francodesiderio
Where can we see the rules for the two classes?
We will be using 2014 ROAR Rules with a few deviations and eliminations.
.GT Pro will not have an engine port limit and 21-28 engines may be used.
GT Sportsman and GT Pro
.Chassis kick up is not required
.Licensed bodies are not required
.Spec tire is not required
2015 Pan Am GT Grand Prix Rules
1. Engine: SPORTSMAN: Any .21 size 5 port engine or ready to run kit with a factory .25 or .28 (must keep pull start on .25 and .28 if ready to run came with it.)
1. Max carb bore 7mm
1.1 Engine: PRO: Any .21-.28 size engine, no port restriction.
1.2 Max carb bore 9mm
All other rules applly to both SPORTSMAN and PRO classes
2. Pipes: ROAR guidelines.
1. Rubber extensions to stinger OK
2. No internal moving parts".
3. Chassis: Any 1/8 scale buggy or Truggy based shaft driven nitro powered vehicle. (Any off-road conversion is OK).
4. Body: Any commercially available replicas of ALMS, GT1 or GT2, Super GT, DTM, and V8 Supercar Cars. Body must be a 2 seater with 2 doors. 1. Sports Cars: Closed wheel cars designed specifically for racing in full-size series. Engine Head may not protrude above body.
A) Wings and spoilers can be used if they are the original with the body and cut on the factory lines.
B) All wheel wells must be cut out and rear of the bodies should maintain tail lamps and cannot be completely cut out. Wings must be attached to the body.
C) No wedge style Bodies
D) All body approvals will be subject to scrutiny of the respective or collective advisory
committees regarding compliance to the "spirit of the rules." An objective evaluation
shall determine the status of each submission based on the adherence to the said rule
E) • Bodies based on Daytona Prototypes, or the odd Super GT cars that are not representative of a commonly available street car, are not permitted.
F) Bodies must include full front and rear fascia’s, and conform to the rules herein that limit openings in the body for the purposes of re-fueling, starting, engine tuning, and antenna holes
G) Bodies must be fully detailed in order to compete in ROAR competition. The body must have visible window, body panel and trim markings, and the windows must be mostly clear. Some intrusion for creative painting purposes and tinting is permitted, but the windows must be transparent. Bodies must have headlight and grill detail.
• Transmission: Single speed or two-speed only. Single speed configurations must include a solidly mounted spur gear to a standard bevel gear center differential or a solid spool (no one-way bearing). No other differential types will be permitted.
• Two-speed transmissions must use an automatic centrifugal shifting mechanism that is not remotely adjustable or programmable. Because of the nature of the two-speed transmission design, no center differential is required, but the transmission must include a solid center shaft that doesn’t allow differential action between the front and rear drive assemblies.
Clutch: Only buggy based 2, 3, or 4 shoes systems No radial type clutches (Centex)
• A shaft-drive system with two gear-type open differentials are required.
• No one-ways, spools, locking “Torsion-type,” or externally adjustable differentials are permitted. The gear diffs can be tuned only with the use of silicone-based fluid.
• Identical F/R drive ratios are required – no F/R under drive/overdrive permitted.
• A single speed mounted to a center spool, or an included two-speed transmission are permitted.
• The drivetrain shall be a center shaft system with ring and pinion gears driving the differentials.
• Shaft-drive only – belt driven cars are not permitted. The drive system must maintain the same features as used in the original off-road configuration except where noted, including the center differential/two speed transmission with separate front and rear center drive shaft’s.
• Only standard mechanical brakes are permitted – hydraulics are not permitted. Up to two brake discs are permitted anywhere on the center driveshaft’s. Brakes may not be located on the outboard axles.
Fuel Tank: Up to 150cc max fuel capacity
Wheels: • Wheels must use a 17mm hex hub consistent with the dimensions and function of the hubs used in 1/8 off-road racing. The wheel must be affixed by a 17mm wheel nut, threaded on to the hex hub. Quick change mechanisms are not permitted.
• Dish wheels are not permitted. No more than 30-percent of the face of the wheel may be solid. The wheel “face” will be defined as all areas of the wheel between the mounting bead and the center mounting hole.
Tires: Rubber Tires only - (maximum width: 47mm) Traction compound: OK
• Tires must be "production" tires – hand cut tires or those not available to the general public are not permitted. "Available" is defined as having been sold to consumers a minimum of 30 days prior to the official start of the event. Tires must be molded rubber - no foam tires are permitted in any class.
• All races must be completed on the same tires used to start each race (qualifying and finals). Tire changes are not permitted except when a wheel and/or tire are determined by the race director or a ROAR official, to be damaged. Excessive tire wear does not constitute damage
.Weight: Minimum dry weight of 3500 grams (with body and all four tires on the) vehicle)
.Bodies must include full front and rear fascias(bodies are to be trimmed to the factory cut lines, front and rear), and conform to the rules herein that limit openings in the body for the purposes of re-fueling, starting, engine tuning, and antenna holes.
.1 refueling hole allowed, must be over the tank opening and a maximum of 60mm in any direction.
.1 starting hole allowed, must be over the glow plug and a maximum of 30mm in any direction.
.1 antenna hole allowed, maximum of 10mm.
. Engine tuning holes are allowed, but only for the purpose of adjusting carburetor needles.
.Bodies must be neatly finished with Headlights, grille and taillights.
.Body sides are to be cut on the factory trim lines.
.Wing must be from the same body kit as supplied and cut on the factory trim line. Maximum wing width,310mm.