Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Hardwire a RC 2.4ghz transmitter >

Hardwire a RC 2.4ghz transmitter

Hardwire a RC 2.4ghz transmitter

Old 10-22-2014, 02:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hardwire a RC 2.4ghz transmitter

Hi, I'm new to this very interesting and helpful forum so HELLO!

I'm currently building a scale model of a hybrid electric vehicle that will utilise a nitro engine and electric motor to demonstrate how a Toyota Prius (dont laugh) hybrid system works. Purely for demonstration purposes!!! I'm doing this for a University as a side project.

The car will never be used on track or road and will only be sat on a rolling road for students to learn about hybrid systems. I understand that it would be completely useless as an RC car due to weight issues etc.

Anyway..... onto my question. I want the students to be able to "dial-in" a certain amount of throttle instead of using a trigger, as is on the stock transmitter, to see how the vehicle reacts.

Is it possible to hardwire a controller or is there such thing as a transmitter with a rotary potentiometer instead of a stick or trigger? Has anybody ever done this?

By the way I'm very new to the world of RC vehicles but I like what I see so far!!! I bought a used Schumacher fusion 28 Turbo, its very noisy and fast :-)
So excuse any noobie questions I might post!

Thanks for looking!
Old 10-22-2014, 11:03 PM
Tech Lord

servo tester ?
Old 10-23-2014, 02:45 AM
Tech Rookie

excuse my naivety but what is a servo tester?
Old 10-23-2014, 05:44 AM
Tech Lord

Google is your friend?

A Servo teste is a small device to test servo's and ESC's without the use of a transmitter. It is just a small box with a potmeter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haUCJdHcrOc
Old 10-23-2014, 06:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yeah something like a servo tester would be perfect for you. Another option would be an aircraft style stick radio where the throttle stick can be set to any position and it will hold itself there. Since you're not planning to actually drive the car, a servo tester would be the cheaper and simpler way to go.