R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-10-2014, 09:11 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default New to On Road, Mugen MRX4R questions

I have been into off road for some time but have been craving the 1/8 on road look for sometime. Especially the Mugen, serpent, and even the Motonica. I finally came across a setup that includes 2 Mugen MRX4R, bump box, radio, tons of extra parts and tires. The one MRX4R is brand new but is missing the front shocks and I can not find a set. Does anyone know where to find them or possibly a good replacement.

Also the one car has Mega ZX21 engine. Is it a worthwhile engine? I am kind of stuck since all my engines are off road type though I think my Nova 21 plus 7 hot mod would work well on it.

The other question is if I can drive these in parking lots and such?

Also what would be a fair price to have paid for this setup?
zooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:45 PM   #2
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

You'll find a shock, heaps of parts for them. You best head to a track, if not, make sure the parking lot is free of stones and caged in... You could break it having too much fun! Get a fresh plug, line up your starter, check clutch and tear the engine down, clean it up and lube and see how it runs. Might want to upgrade battery etc too.

Enjoy.
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:05 PM   #3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I probably have a set of front shocks laying around I could spare. If you want them, drop me a PM. They are old so will need a rebuild but the o-ring kits are cheap.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:25 AM   #4
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
I probably have a set of front shocks laying around I could spare. If you want them, drop me a PM. They are old so will need a rebuild but the o-ring kits are cheap.
Yeah I am definitely going hit you up. Just looking to complete the one car and hopefully get some of my investment back. Everything looks very good condition though.

Will it be ok.to use the off road engine on this for the time.being? It is a nova 21 plus 7 hot mod.
zooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:07 AM   #5
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

MRX5 front shocks are the same.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:30 AM   #6
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
I have been into off road for some time but have been craving the 1/8 on road look for sometime. Especially the Mugen, serpent, and even the Motonica. I finally came across a setup that includes 2 Mugen MRX4R, bump box, radio, tons of extra parts and tires. The one MRX4R is brand new but is missing the front shocks and I can not find a set. Does anyone know where to find them or possibly a good replacement.

Also the one car has Mega ZX21 engine. Is it a worthwhile engine? I am kind of stuck since all my engines are off road type though I think my Nova 21 plus 7 hot mod would work well on it.

The other question is if I can drive these in parking lots and such?

Also what would be a fair price to have paid for this setup?
less people in our club use Mega ZX21 engine on their car,but many people can use VOX engine,maybe you can have a maga car with this engine.
Jusitick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:46 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

I sold all my MRX4R/X chassis for a song. The guy I sold it to got 2 rolling chassis and enough parts to build another for $200.
With an Engine like a Mega and a starter box, I would honestly pay no more than $300-350.

But I'm tight and I also don't buy 2nd hand cars.

Front shocks are all the same, MRX4-5. But the MRX4R shocks are different, they are longer in the body due to the different rear geometry the MRX4R had. They when back to the shorter shock bodies with the MRX4X which had the same rear geometry as the MRX4.

Good luck with the car, I've had every model from the MRX3 thru to the MRX5. You honestly can't get a better and easier to setup chassis.
Futaba 3PK (HRS) - Crystals still rock.
Old School for Old Fools.
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote