Like Tree23Likes

Capricorn LAB C03 1/10th scale 200mm chassis

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Whiting's

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
The Great Lakes Challenge, (GLC) is exactly what you described. Very fun for all levels of talent. That's August 26-30th. December is the World Cup at Full Throttle Raceway in Kissimmee FL. The Florida State races in the winter are a great excuse to escape winters grip! Their are many more races that I'm overlooking, but other racers will chime in. So glad to hear you're racing with your son! That's how I got started! lol GoodRacing!
Come to the GLC. You will really enjoy it. And we kinda like the Capricorn C03 a little ourselves
Old 08-10-2015, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So, we just ran the Asphalt Attack here in Edmonton, Alberta. There weren't as many nitro cars out as I had hoped for, but it was a ton of fun. I was able, to TQ, set fast lap of the weekend, and win the finals. Thanks to the folks here who sold me their CO2's and moved to the CO3!! I only had one issue all weekend, and that was trying to remove the bearings from the clutch bell. It is almost as if they were press-fit in. When I tried to tap the front bearings out, the inner races pushed through, the balls fell out but the inner races are still in the bell. The back bearing came out, but with great effort and the bearing is now wrecked. I was trying to remove the bearings to remove the gears, as they were worn and needed replacing. Any suggestions for easy bearing removal would be appreciated. :no
Attached Thumbnails Capricorn LAB C03 1/10th scale 200mm chassis-race.jpg   Capricorn LAB C03 1/10th scale 200mm chassis-r2.jpg  

Last edited by jjmudd; 08-12-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

happy you enjoy your cap
Old 08-18-2015, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjmudd
So, we just ran the Asphalt Attack here in Edmonton, Alberta. There weren't as many nitro cars out as I had hoped for, but it was a ton of fun. I was able, to TQ, set fast lap of the weekend, and win the finals. Thanks to the folks here who sold me their CO2's and moved to the CO3!! I only had one issue all weekend, and that was trying to remove the bearings from the clutch bell. It is almost as if they were press-fit in. When I tried to tap the front bearings out, the inner races pushed through, the balls fell out but the inner races are still in the bell. The back bearing came out, but with great effort and the bearing is now wrecked. I was trying to remove the bearings to remove the gears, as they were worn and needed replacing. Any suggestions for easy bearing removal would be appreciated. :no
Sounds like those bearings were pretty old and not oiled recently. With normal clutch bearing maintenance you won't see the problem you described. The clutch bearings take a lot abuse especially in long races. At the least, you should go through your clutch after each race meeting and before a long main.

Jeff
Old 08-18-2015, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
Sounds like those bearings were pretty old and not oiled recently. With normal clutch bearing maintenance you won't see the problem you described. The clutch bearings take a lot abuse especially in long races. At the least, you should go through your clutch after each race meeting and before a long main.

Jeff
I guess that's one of the joys of buying used! Good news is, the used also came with enough spare parts to run for 5 years! I am going to try and round up a handful of guys to make the trip down to Florida for the race in February. I am looking forward to making that happen and meeting some new folks and fellow racers.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Anyone have a good starting setup for the Greater LA Race club track? I'm running the Ko Propo end of this month and was looking for a good starting point.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kingtito
Anyone have a good starting setup for the Greater LA Race club track? I'm running the Ko Propo end of this month and was looking for a good starting point.
Give me some time and I will send you one. I am on the road now, but can do it later today. Whats your email or I can try to post it here.

DJ Apolaro
Old 09-09-2015, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

I'm PM you my email. Thanks DJ
Old 09-09-2015, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Try this as a starting point for Ko Race. If traction comes up or if you need help, just come see me. I will be there at the event. If you drill the pistons to 1.2 then use 80 or 800 wt oil in the shocks.

DJ
Attached Thumbnails Capricorn LAB C03 1/10th scale 200mm chassis-c03-low-medium-bite-002.jpg  
Old 09-09-2015, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you
Old 09-09-2015, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone attending the KO race, feel free to come see me if you have any questions, need set up help or just want to say high. See everyone at the track.

DJ Apolaro
Old 09-10-2015, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Are there any Capricorn folks attending the Nitro World Challenge at Full Throttle in early December?
Old 09-10-2015, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jjmudd
Are there any Capricorn folks attending the Nitro World Challenge at Full Throttle in early December?
For sure there will be some. I plan to be there and we will have the trailer set up. As well there are always out of town racers and the racing is very tight. Is always a fun event and this year should be just as good.

DJ Apolaro
Old 09-10-2015, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

I am trying to convince my wife that this would be a fun vacation for us (my son and me) but she is already on edge with our karting budget!!
Old 10-26-2015, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hope someone will give me the mounting hole spacing of the Cap Lab co3 receiver box. Want to try using on a different car but would like to know dimensions before ordering. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.