R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-05-2014, 02:02 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Thanks DJ.

Capricorn: LAB-C802, LAB E801, LAB-C03, TE03, and P01 235mm. SWORKz: S350BK1 EVO II, S104EVO, S12-1M. Top Rebel 12.
gsxr0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:04 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Well I drove my C03 yesterday on a low/ medium parking lot track and the car felt pretty good. I tried it both with the FSS and without. It definitely had more steering with the FSS than without, but both ways the car felt good. Next weekend will be my first race with the car...

Capricorn: LAB-C802, LAB E801, LAB-C03, TE03, and P01 235mm. SWORKz: S350BK1 EVO II, S104EVO, S12-1M. Top Rebel 12.
gsxr0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:19 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Does the C03 kit come with regular or Big Bore shocks?
kingtito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:38 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtito View Post
Does the C03 kit come with regular or Big Bore shocks?
With regular shocks.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:23 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Thank you.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:35 AM   #21
Tech Adept

I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the quality control of the kits.

So far I have 1 rear cup joint without a hole for the pin. The other rear has hole but the the wheel hex hub won't fit over the cup joint shaft with the pin in. It'll slide down the shaft without the pin but once the pin is in, it won't go down no matter what I do. I checked to make sure the pin is centered but no luck.

While building the shocks I noticed 3 pistons with 3 holes and 1 having only 2. No big deal cause I just drilled the holes needed but I was a little disappointed that it was missed.

Last issue I found during the building of the diffs. The kit only came with 3 pins and not 4. Not a big issue because I know I can get pins rather easily but still disappointed.

I stopped after the diff build but I fear more missing parts will be discovered the further in the build I go.

All in all I'm happy with the kit, I'm just a little disappointed that so many things would get missed. I really can't wait to get this car on the track.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:37 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtito View Post
I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the quality control of the kits.

So far I have 1 rear cup joint without a hole for the pin. The other rear has hole but the the wheel hex hub won't fit over the cup joint shaft with the pin in. It'll slide down the shaft without the pin but once the pin is in, it won't go down no matter what I do. I checked to make sure the pin is centered but no luck.

While building the shocks I noticed 3 pistons with 3 holes and 1 having only 2. No big deal cause I just drilled the holes needed but I was a little disappointed that it was missed.

Last issue I found during the building of the diffs. The kit only came with 3 pins and not 4. Not a big issue because I know I can get pins rather easily but still disappointed.

I stopped after the diff build but I fear more missing parts will be discovered the further in the build I go.

All in all I'm happy with the kit, I'm just a little disappointed that so many things would get missed. I really can't wait to get this car on the track.
I am sorry to hear you are missing or had some issues with the kit. I am sure if you contact your distributor they will correct the issues. I know you are already resolving the problem, but I would still contact them. I also know Patrizio monitors this forum and he will get with his people to insure they are doing a better job and my hope is your kit was an isolated issue. I can tell you the build itself for me was easier than in the past. The car went together pretty good compared to the C02 or C01. And the car handles great in all conditions that I have seen to far. I really am happy with the new car!! I was worried a little thinking to myself, "how can they improve the C02", but I think they did.

Good luck and hope you like the performance of the C03, I think you will. If you need any help just ask and I will do my best to give set-up help.

DJ Apolaro
Old 11-21-2014, 08:40 AM   #23
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
I am sorry to hear you are missing or had some issues with the kit. I am sure if you contact your distributor they will correct the issues. I know you are already resolving the problem, but I would still contact them. I also know Patrizio monitors this forum and he will get with his people to insure they are doing a better job and my hope is your kit was an isolated issue. I can tell you the build itself for me was easier than in the past. The car went together pretty good compared to the C02 or C01. And the car handles great in all conditions that I have seen to far. I really am happy with the new car!! I was worried a little thinking to myself, "how can they improve the C02", but I think they did.

Good luck and hope you like the performance of the C03, I think you will. If you need any help just ask and I will do my best to give set-up help.

DJ Apolaro
Thanks DJ. I'm working on getting it resolved. I'm positive I'll have the car ready before the next race. It'll be interesting to see how much different it handles from my Kyosho R4.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:06 PM   #24
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to ProE Send a message via Skype™ to ProE

Hi guys. How much better is this car compared to the co2.
ProE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 01:03 AM   #25
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProE View Post
Hi guys. How much better is this car compared to the co2.
Is more easier to drive with more corner speed.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:41 AM   #26
Tech Rookie

Default Side belt tension

Hi DJ,

I'm just finishing up with the build on my C03 for coming season and was just wondering if you have had any issues with the tension of the side belt?? I'm using the 25tooth pulley and have the tensioner on the most loose position however the tension of the belt is really high and is warping the chassis. Hoping you can help out...

Thanks,
John
JB84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 01:41 PM   #27
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys,

Just gettin my first post on Rctech, so had to say hi to al the Capricorn drivers!
Currently i'm driving Capricorn for the past 3 year, really like the design of the chassis and the durability of the parts.

Currently i'm building the C03, just need to do some electronics and stuff..
Regarding the belt tensioner on the side, the middle shaft holder has some little play if you use the right screws in the chassis. The middle shaft holder can be placed 0.3mm more to the back of the car, this is the amount u need to fit the side belt properly.
RH93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:01 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Hi Guys,

Sorry I was out at a race this past weekend and could not give any replies here. For the side belt it is a combination the mid shaft and the tensioner like mentioned in the prior post. Then the front belt will be with the front eccentrics.

For the Co3 is really nice. I find the car has very good corner speed with still being easy to drive. The C02 was really good already so it is hard to say there is this very large difference. It is a little better, but builds a lot better and has a smoother transmission feel IMO.

Once I get settled in I will post a good starting set up for low to medium traction. and another for high bite for those that might need.

DJ Apolaro
Old 12-08-2014, 10:50 AM   #29
Tech Adept

Thanks for the tip on the side belt tension. I was wondering why it seemed so tight.

DJ I look forward to your medium traction setup. Can't wait to try my car out. Hoping it'll be dry for the Toys for Tots race this coming Saturday. If not looks like I'll have to wait till next year.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:55 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Here are 2 set-ups as starting points for different track conditions.

Low-medium bite tracks and High bite bumpy tracks

Just ask if there are any questions or something I missed.

DJ Apolaro
Attached Files
File Type: pdf C03 low-med bite.pdf (483.1 KB, 489 views)
File Type: pdf C03 high bite.pdf (250.8 KB, 375 views)

Tags
c03, capricorn, labc03