R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Suspension Setup for Nitro TC3??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/83531-suspension-setup-nitro-tc3.html)

TC3 SS 09-08-2005 10:09 PM

Suspension Setup for Nitro TC3???

I'm new to the On-road scene and am awaiting the arrival of my Nitro TC3. Can anybody tell me what tools I'll need to setup the TC3's suspension and what angles I should have

AndyT © 09-08-2005 10:41 PM

Theres a thread in here titled "RC10ntc3"....this has a wealth of setup info for the Nitro TC3 in it.
All the tools (allen keys, droop gauge, ride height gauge, camber gauge etc etc) all come supplied with the Factory Team kit....not sure though if the RTR kits come with these or not?
Cheers

Aphinity 09-10-2005 11:08 PM

Yes, the RTR kits come with these tools too.

The guidelines in the kit instruction manual on the back page are actually fairly close to what is good to start with for foam setup. I suggest starting there. (red springs, 70 weight oil, roll bars, etc etc) The team driver at our track uses virtually the identical setup, and his car is hooked up very nicely, and keeps up with the serpent 710s without any trouble (and beat's em in the corners). Every track is different, as is every driver's driving style, so it'll depend mostly on that.

I'm just getting started with the NTC3 as well. Expect your first day to be wrought with suspension tweaks and lots of different tire compound experimentation.. hehe.

Other than the squirliness the car exhibits on the straights, it's an awesome car to drive. I admit though.. it does tend to go all over the place at speed. Perhaps that's just my front toe out.. who knows.

TC3 SS 09-11-2005 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Aphinity
Yes, the RTR kits come with these tools too.

The guidelines in the kit instruction manual on the back page are actually fairly close to what is good to start with for foam setup. I suggest starting there. (red springs, 70 weight oil, roll bars, etc etc) The team driver at our track uses virtually the identical setup, and his car is hooked up very nicely, and keeps up with the serpent 710s without any trouble (and beat's em in the corners). Every track is different, as is every driver's driving style, so it'll depend mostly on that.

I'm just getting started with the NTC3 as well. Expect your first day to be wrought with suspension tweaks and lots of different tire compound experimentation.. hehe.

Other than the squirliness the car exhibits on the straights, it's an awesome car to drive. I admit though.. it does tend to go all over the place at speed. Perhaps that's just my front toe out.. who knows.

Rob.. Is that you??? This is Shawn.

Aphinity 09-11-2005 05:47 PM

Haha.. ya, it is! LOL... jeeze, small world. Ok, well, maybe I'll just show you in person? :)

AndyT © 09-11-2005 06:34 PM

Theres also a few setup sheets available on the Team Associated website from their team drivers (Barry Baker etc)
www.teamassociated.com
Cheers

TC3 SS 09-11-2005 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by AndyT ©
Theres also a few setup sheets available on the Team Associated website from their team drivers (Barry Baker etc)
www.teamassociated.com
Cheers

Thanks for the info! Interesting read.

houmack 09-12-2005 10:36 AM

I win

My BMW will Beat your Benz :batman:

Aphinity 09-12-2005 09:01 PM

And I'll beat all of you with my... Ford? :weird:

geeunit1014 09-22-2005 01:12 PM

springs:yellow fr red re
camber:-1.5 all 4
droop:arms level w/ chassis