R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   the best choice starterbox 1\10 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/831641-best-choice-starterbox-1%5C10.html)

peter. 08-20-2014 07:56 AM

the best choice starterbox 1\10

which is the best choice for starterbox for 1 \ 10
the Hudy or the Xceed

dan_vector 08-20-2014 08:06 AM

I have the xceed box and it's been brilliant so far. It turns over even the tightest novarossi! I think the Hudy Star Box is probably renowned as 'the best' but its almost twice the price as the xceed and to me thats not justified! The xceed also comes with all the adapter cables to use 2s lipos and these cables are extra on the hudy I believe.

favo 08-20-2014 08:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Go the Mugen Seiki box great unit.

kyosho malaysia 08-20-2014 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by dan_vector (Post 13479891)
I have the xceed box and it's been brilliant so far. It turns over even the tightest novarossi! I think the Hudy Star Box is probably renowned as 'the best' but its almost twice the price as the xceed and to me thats not justified! The xceed also comes with all the adapter cables to use 2s lipos and these cables are extra on the hudy I believe.

Xceed is good, but the rubber roller shit

dan_vector 08-21-2014 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by kyosho malaysia (Post 13481620)
Xceed is good, but the rubber roller shit

Really? I've had mine for a couple years now and have no problem with it. Even starting tight new 21 novarossi's. The serpent flywheels have a good wide contact patch which helps protect the starter box wheel. I dunno what your using but narrow flywheels eat all starter box wheels quickly! Also you have to take time to make the car align properly on the box. Best way to do this is by using a bare chassis from the car and getting the alignment perfect. I see a lot of people burning their starter box wheels because they haven't set it properly and the wheel wears away against the chassis.

DS Motorsport 08-21-2014 06:13 AM

Go for the Hudy or the Mugen box.
The Hudy box is very compact and light, I use a 2200mah 4S lipo in mine.

As mentioned before the Xceed box has a very soft starting wheel and wears out within one season of racing.
All the racers I know replaced their Xceed boxes with a Hudy box as soon as the wheel was worn out.

kyosho malaysia 08-21-2014 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport (Post 13481956)
Go for the Hudy or the Mugen box.
The Hudy box is very compact and light, I use a 2200mah 4S lipo in mine.

As mentioned before the Xceed box has a very soft starting wheel and wears out within one season of racing.
All the racers I know replaced their Xceed boxes with a Hudy box as soon as the wheel was worn out.

i use hudy wheel in my xceed box

peter. 08-24-2014 04:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
has anyone experience with the hard-racing H6 starterbox

Yb2fast 08-24-2014 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by peter. (Post 13479875)
which is the best choice for starterbox for 1 \ 10
the Hudy or the Xceed

YOU CAN ALSO USE THE OFNA JLR BOX FOR $52.....I USE IN ON MY XRAY NT1...WORKS GREAT ONCE YOU GET THE ALIGNMENT CORRECT AND IT IS VERY COMPACT !! SMALLER THAN HUDY AND MUGEN .....:)

dan_vector 08-24-2014 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by peter. (Post 13487960)
has anyone experience with the hard-racing H6 starterbox

I haven't seen any of these around actually. Looks heavy!

Bishop 08-31-2014 11:09 PM

Mugen box is very good, Hudy box is also very good, to me though the flat deck on the Mugen box is nicer though, but many prefer the Hudy design.

The cheap boxes are not worth it, what makes the better boxes is often the switching, it's part of what is very good on the Mugen, only thing I found on the Mugen, is I think the load springs are too hard, I changed mine, and it's so easy to use now.

Alignment though on the boxes is critical to how well they work, time spent there will reward you with it being easy to use, also a good 4S LiPo for power, it matters not on what LiPo, be it 2000mah to whatever, throw out all the stock battery mounts, get some self adhesive velcro to stick the pack in.

For those using LiPo's though, don't let them run flat, or leave them fully charged between using, flat or full will make them puff over time.

GMartinez 09-01-2014 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bishop (Post 13505260)
Mugen box is very good, Hudy box is also very good, to me though the flat deck on the Mugen box is nicer though, but many prefer the Hudy design.

The cheap boxes are not worth it, what makes the better boxes is often the switching, it's part of what is very good on the Mugen, only thing I found on the Mugen, is I think the load springs are too hard, I changed mine, and it's so easy to use now.

Alignment though on the boxes is critical to how well they work, time spent there will reward you with it being easy to use, also a good 4S LiPo for power, it matters not on what LiPo, be it 2000mah to whatever, throw out all the stock battery mounts, get some self adhesive velcro to stick the pack in.

For those using LiPo's though, don't let them run flat, or leave them fully charged between using, flat or full will make them puff over time.

+1