best choice for new 200mm nitro car

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best choice for new 200mm nitro car

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Everyone gets passionate about the make and model of car they own and drive. Look in the past in north america with Ford and Chevrolet or saying Porsche is better then Ferrari.
I think all the brands are great . I agree with the guys . Go to your local track and see what the guys are running and see about parts availablilty then make your choice .
The most important is to get out there and some fun and great competion among friends . 200mm is my favorite and will always be . What a rush it is racing these car's . I encourage anyone reading this thread to not be scared of the car's . The technology has made it much easier then in the past and I guarantee that you will have nothing but fun ,
Gentleman start your engines
Old 09-10-2014, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fasteddie d
Everyone gets passionate about the make and model of car they own and drive. Look in the past in north america with Ford and Chevrolet or saying Porsche is better then Ferrari.
I think all the brands are great . I agree with the guys . Go to your local track and see what the guys are running and see about parts availablilty then make your choice .
The most important is to get out there and some fun and great competion among friends . 200mm is my favorite and will always be . What a rush it is racing these car's . I encourage anyone reading this thread to not be scared of the car's . The technology has made it much easier then in the past and I guarantee that you will have nothing but fun ,
+1
Old 09-11-2014, 01:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by blis
Haaaallo Switzerland!!

It makes me smile that you are still passionate about G4's, my G4+ LE still hangs on the wall and it brings many good memories and when we started we were also ridiculed for it not being a good car.

What everyone needs to accept is ALL RC cars are good, whether engineered better or worse, emotions are felt when other people point out the flaws. I think the key is that while we love our cars we should not discount that some cars are better than others but that doesnt mean it's better for you.

We persisted with the TM G4 cars at considerable expense because we were learning and while others told us to switch we were heavily invested in the car. We learned a LOT from the G4 and while we all start in RC knowing everything, after a while we realised we know nothing. We didnt regret those early days because it was the best learning experience and while everyone told us we could go faster with a different chassis, sure that's good for results but was that good for us in the long term? NO!

We can all go buy the latest chassis and claim it's awesome, most NEW chassis are. It's what happens after a few months that really determines whether the chassis is good.

As Italboy states, he can keep the others honest with an old chassis, so his motives are for enjoyment and he loves his model, regardless of brand. Daan has been a valuable resource for many of us, not just C0x drivers, his pragmatic view and engineering experience should be valued. He took the time in his last post to identify the issues, I think it most unfair that emotional ties with a brand get in the way of saying it how it is and he's not bagging a brand.

We need to put the emotional ties aside and openly discuss the pros and cons. Discussions like these are valuable for manufacturers and drivers, trying to shut it down will not help moving forward and creates divisions in what is a small and fragile community of IC Onroad races world wide.

Whether you own a TM, Xray, Mugen, Shepherd, Cap, KM, Serpent or any other chassis brand, accept that "out of the box" one will be better than the other, from there it's up to the experience and skill of the individual and the support around them to decide whether it's going to be a good experience.

Our hobby can't afford to create more arguments between drivers over the brand of car, our discussions can leverage improvements to better it for all of us.

h
Heey Brisbane!

You're so right.
Look, I've made the experience with all the brands named in this thread. Like I said before, all brands are very good cars. Latest car was Cap C02, a very very fast car and easy to drive!
In the last Swiss Nats I took as a choke my G4II with the unified cup engine Nova Stürm in the semi final and it was a dream to drive and the lap times were as good as those which were powered with high end Picco, Max and Novas. Unfortunately I was hit by an other car so I had to give up the race.
I don't know why and don't ask me why, but I'm branded with this brand TM

Last said, just have fund with that hobby. We are not Balestris, Pietschs ecc. So the most important thing is that you chose a brand which you find on your local track and enjoy the car by learning from it and exchange experiences with other same brand drivers.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Serpent 748 goes 1st and 2nd at Dutch nationals. Not bad... looks like the diffs and clutch worked just fine

Pass you soon...
Old 09-12-2014, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lil-bump
Serpent 748 goes 1st and 2nd at Dutch nationals. Not bad... looks like the diffs and clutch worked just fine

Pass you soon...

Hahahaha, just like i said, Daan Jacobs 1ste, me on the second spot and Daan with his Mugen on 3th.

Both Serpent driving "Box Stock", for reference, it was a pretty fast finale,
6 contenders from the euro`s and a multiple winner of the euro`s..

The clutch and diff were working fine, for myself i had the idea that the LR motorscrew was helping me in the fast lefthand sweepers..!!

Old 09-12-2014, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Good Job

Pass you soon...
Old 09-12-2014, 08:34 AM
Tech Addict

Default 1/10th

Originally Posted by fasteddie d
'Fast Eddie' is always one 'happy dude' with his 'CONTINGENT-FROM-THE-NORTH' at the fantastic Time Zone Grand Prix in Washington State.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)

Originally Posted by rbakker
Hahahaha, just like i said, Daan Jacobs 1ste, me on the second spot and Daan with his Mugen on 3th.

The clutch and diff were working fine, for myself i had the idea that the LR motorscrew was helping me in the fast lefthand sweepers..!!

Good Job!!!!!!!! This weekend is our Regional Race, let see if the clutch and diff is really an issue...
Old 09-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

We race again this sunday at the same track, so we will see again what is the best car

" It takes lots of things to go right to win and only one thing to go wrong and lose..."
Old 09-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)

We race again this sunday at the same track, so we will see again what is the best car

" It takes lots of things to go right to win and only one thing to go wrong and lose..."
You should have a good eye...with your Black body paint scheme. ..

Good luck!
Old 09-12-2014, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Very nice! Cant wait to upgrade from my 747.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pinoy69racer
You should have a good eye...with your Black body paint scheme. ..

Good luck!
Yeah funny you notice, we always have a funny atmosfere at our club, a bit of bragging about who is fastest and which car (brand) is best, most of the time we dont take ourself to seriously.

Offcourse we al know that the driver and building the car is most important.
This race a couple of drivers switch from Capricorn to a different brand (Mugen and Serpent, so the battle begun..).

In this battle of bragging i painted my body black because everybody says it is a colour that cant be driven succesfully....

Here we go again....:

Go Serpent...!!

Old 09-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

How did you get a flat dull black finish?
Old 09-12-2014, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

It`s shinny as hell in real life...!!! thats better because then you really dont see it..
Racing black by the way..
Old 09-12-2014, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Racermac73
How did you get a flat dull black finish?
You can get a Matte finish spray for the outside of the shells.

See:-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuToUlGpR0E

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.