Search

Rubber Tyres for Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragon
Ummm... Paragon?
Paragon is traction compound we use on rubber and foam tires.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

go for foam tyre as it is easier to handle. RC is all about money.. if wanna save money then u have to loose the satisfaction side n vice versa...
Old 09-05-2005, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Downhere in Chile - Southamerica we run rubbers cause our o try tracks are not-so-well prepared for foams and for $$$ reasons ...

Right now im using AlphaRC Brazilian rubber racing tires (www.alpharc.com.br) and they work GREAT ... (im the distributor for Chile, if someone needs this tires just email me and i will make the contact with the tire-maker) ... this tires comes in 6 shores with 2 alternatives for inserts and pre-mounted on wheels (black or white) and glued ...

Here are a couple of pics of my G4 this last weekend at the track :

Old 09-05-2005, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Tires such as the Sorex 20 and 24 were made to be run by electric cars indoors on carpet mainly. Putting them on a nitro touing car would probably destroy them pretty quick. Yes they are softer and have more traction, but in ten minutes, your tires could be toast if you really wring 'em out.

I'd seriously consider Take-Off 32's or Sorex 36R's. They should have more than enough grip. Using just about any medium/medium-soft insert, I'd try it out and go from there.

As for traction additives, their main advantage is in the first couple minutes of use, meanwhile they accelerate the deterioration of the tire. Seeing as I usually have enough time to warm up my tires on the track (while getting my motor up to temp) so I skip the additives and merely make sure my tires are clean so they should have all of their natural stick in them once up to temp.

Just my opinion on the matter. GL
Old 09-05-2005, 12:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Nice pics Chile'
Old 09-05-2005, 01:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

where is a good place to get Take-offs in the US?
Old 09-05-2005, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

you can go to the shaumacher usa website. They are the dist for take offs and i'm pretty sure they will have a dealer listing.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

oh I have also heard that the medial pros work pretty good for nitro aplication. I think those tires are the ones that have the insert built in the tire. Sort of like a honey comb design.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

DRAGON,

Just in the same way you choose foam tires you have to choose rubber ones so you have to think about factors as dusty/oily surface, grip, temperatures, etc ...

For example, my Club's Track is low grip and a little dusty so i go for low shore tires with medium to soft inserts during the winter and same low shore but medium to hard insert in summer ... but i run on other track sometimes with medium-to-high grip surface and i have to change my tires in a hard way ...

Now, for "oily" (for me a very special situation), i think PMT italian tires are a great option ...

cya and good luck ...

Old 09-05-2005, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Default The best tires on concrete

Hey guys - the BSR touring capped tires are by far the best solution on concrete but if you are running in a ROAR sanctioned event they are not "legal".

I usually run the same set for 2 race days. They cost about $15 per wheel/tire which is about 1.5 times the cost of your typical rubber set-up. BUT, they will last a little longer and do not require assembly. The performance outweights the costs.

http://www.bsr-racing.com
Old 09-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you can find them. Ellegi makes some wheel/tires specifically for nitro use. They come in 26mm. Not sure what the sorex use but I believe their maybe for 24mm which is generally what electrics run....

The 26mm Ellegi also come in natural or synthetic rubber. Havent been fortunate enough to test either, but do have in my possesion these guys. The rims look great , the insert is harder (more meant for nitro) and im sure the whole thing is meant for nitro.

Which is what you want a nitro rubber tire. HPI also makes 26mm tires and rims. They are also pretty good but probably pretty exspensive as most hpi tire/wheel stuff is, but needs to be assembled and unless your the king of gluing tires they might not run straight and true. I know Ive glued quite a few pairs and really got into it in my old nitro days and still had trouble getting it perfect for all 4.

But the Ellegis I found for like $4 dollars a set. Im kicking myself for not buying a truckload. But they can be found for pretty cheap. Probably no where near that.

I tested to see how they responded to tire tweak and other traction compounds (after-run oil). They soaked them up immediatly and become glue on a wheel. Im going to run these on my electric and my old hpi car and will let you know.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAG Racing
Hey guys - the BSR touring capped tires are by far the best solution on concrete but if you are running in a ROAR sanctioned event they are not "legal".

I usually run the same set for 2 race days. They cost about $15 per wheel/tire which is about 1.5 times the cost of your typical rubber set-up. BUT, they will last a little longer and do not require assembly. The performance outweights the costs.

http://www.bsr-racing.com

Just making a funny! We used to call BSR BIG SQUARE ROCKS!
Old 09-05-2005, 10:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

I currently use HPI 26mm wheel/tire combos and they seam to work out great, as A-I said though, they ARE quite expensive, but last a long time. I use Trinity death grip for rubber tires and on the concrete they really do stick well, to the point of getting the car up on two wheels if i'm not careful.

just ordered a set of Venom rubber tire/wheel combos, they have a honeycomb pattern they are made specificly for nitro, in 26mm widths, will try these out. (I liked the wheel options, not the same old speed discs!)
Old 09-06-2005, 12:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
the Ellegis I found for like $4 dollars a set. Im kicking myself for not buying a truckload. But they can be found for pretty cheap. Probably no where near that.

Is this a typo? Where did you see this at?
Old 09-06-2005, 12:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tnbigdawg
Is this a typo? Where did you see this at?
maybe its $4 for just one wheel?

Here in SG its like arnd $8.40 a pair...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.