R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-16-2014, 05:48 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default Help identifying car!

Hello, new here but been into rc for a while, just hoping for some help identifying this car.

Sorry tried to embed pictures here but will not let me link to another website until I have made a certain number of posts, strangely though, the linked images are hosted on this forum! Please see attachments...

I bought it out of a boot because it looked nice and was pretty cheap, was sold as a Kyosho but the engine looks like it has been replaced so having a lot of trouble identifying the chassis. Is 250mm wide and has a 270mm wheelbase which is causing difficulty in finding a shell! Tempted to cut my old Subaru shell down the middle and re-cast it a little wider and make one with fibreglass but is gonna take a lot of work, so any help with identifying the car or sourcing a shell would be much appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails
Help identifying car!-wp_20140710_18_09_34_pro.jpg   Help identifying car!-wp_20140710_18_10_31_pro.jpg   Help identifying car!-wp_20140710_18_09_53_pro.jpg  
Jebsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:14 AM   #2
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It looks like a very old Great Vigor V2000. In other countries it's rebranded as XTM or Megatech. (I could be wrong though...)

Converting nitro to electric is utter blasphemy.
xrayracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:16 PM   #3
Tech Regular

wow,im almost certain thats same megatech car i had over 15 years ago.suprised to see one,even more suprised megatech is still around.that cars the nitro razor xt,rchobbyexplosion.com has parts.
intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote