1/8th On Road Losing Popularity?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default O.K

Originally Posted by ROBBIE C
Only if you'el be the Vice Prez.......................lol
Only if I get first crack at the interns, if they are hotties of course.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by R40Victim
What I was trying to say is the "Elite" guys aren't likely leave the current class to slow down and rub elbows with newbs, at least that's the case around here. If they wanted to, cool, I like following faster guys to learn how to pick up speed. I ran 10th scale nitro touring for over a year, in all that time, there was always the newb, or "Amature" class. Made up mostly of RTRs, with very few "kit" exceptions. I'd never throw my R40 on the track with a bunch of 4-tecs and RS4-3 RTRs piloted by kids who have little or no experience. I just couldn't see somebody dropping their $1500 racecar down next to a bunch of XR80s, reguardless of what motor they ran, spec or not. I'm not saying it couldn't or shouldn't happen, just that it's unlikely. The whole point of this post is to help 8th scale where it's slowed down. Sure, things for 8th scale are great where there are nice tracks, with big events, and plenty of people with deep pockets, this is NOT for them. This is to help the OTHER guys out. If your happy with things the way they are, great, shut up. I promiss, it won't hurt your precious, elitest, F-1 class. We're looking to get 10th scale guys interested. I doubt very many people would pick up an 8th scale car for their first. I believe it's best to start 10th scale, then when you get bored with it, as I did, upgrade to beter performing cars. The only problem right now is, they're just too damn expensive...

P.S. Except the XR80.
"No matter what your racing ability you are allowed to sign up in this class if you meat the criteria, which is off road five port and down engine."

And if you like you can run both classes same car different engine.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

"No matter what your racing ability you are allowed to sign up in this class if you meat the criteria, which is off road five port and down engine."

Yes...I know... How bout a quick vote. How many of you seasoned 8th scale guys would do that? Mount, and remount a motor in your 8th scale a couple times a day, anyone?... I'm not trying to insult anyone, just stating my opinion. I don't think we'll be able to convince the "seasoned" guys to step down in power. This is not for them, but if they want to, COOL, the more the better, wich is the whole point! I want nothing more than to see 8th scale boom out here, but it hasn't. Reason#1 = Cost.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default RE

Champ Cars.....Porsche Cup etc.......the formula is....same engine to reduce racing cost and closer competition. I would do it in a minute. It's not about power for me. I would rather have closer racing. This is not everyone's cup of tea...but it mine. Slower closer cheaper racing is better than the way it is now in So California!! MO
Old 09-08-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Carl
I didn't say their was an increase when the masters class was added. I said the 1/8 scale regular class looks like it fell off but it was just 25 guys migrated to Masters so the total numbers stayed the same.

Also all I am saying is that adding a spec class may help control cost but may backfire and scavenge drivers from other classes further fragmenting the low turnout some places are talking about. New blood has to come with it or it may hurt turnout even more thats all I'm saying

I did notice something though everytime I post it seems to generate several pages of discussion. good bad or indifferent which is good.

To be honest I don't think we need a club to create a series.
Robbie C my man Giter done

When you had Procar and Greater La your racing was much better. but a managed schedule with multiple tracks will acomplish the same thing as long as the tracks hold up their end of the deal.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:02 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Hey Robbie!! You joining us? I never see you ran an 1/8 scale.
This will my first time driving one of the big ones, I will need as much as help as possible
Old 09-08-2005, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wad
Hey Robbie!! You joining us? I never see you ran an 1/8 scale.
This will my first time driving one of the big ones, I will need as much as help as possible
Yes ...........I already have my engine all i need is a car I wonder which one should i pick..................lol
Old 09-08-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Yes ...........I already have my engine all i need is a car I wonder which one should i pick..................lol
Robbie, the suspense is killing me!!!
Old 09-08-2005, 03:09 PM
wad
Tech Elite

LOL........ I already have my car, just need an engine. Exactly the opposite.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wad
LOL........ I already have my car, just need an engine. Exactly the opposite.
Hey which car did you get walter?
Old 09-08-2005, 03:20 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
Hey which car did you get walter?
I was planning on the MRX-4 but I got an Evolva, I don't know what is wrong with me
Old 09-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

The Evolva rocks (I have a 2005). Mugen is also sweet, heck so is Serpent 960. Really cant go wrong with any of them!

John
Old 09-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

That'll be a toughy.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

I know, I know ---- Picco!
Old 09-08-2005, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
I know, I know ---- Picco!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.