R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-25-2014, 11:21 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default Testing the waters

Hello all,

I recently and unfortunately inherited a significant lot of 1/8 Nitro R/C stuff. This includes an HPI Proceed with significant upgrades, 3 complete RB concept motors, a large amount of Picco/RB parts that would likely yield another 3 motors although I need to piece them together, tons of various rubber from new to used with wheels, a tire truer, a Hudy full setup board, a starter, TONS of various parts/accessories/etc. Seattle doesn't do 1/8 nitro onroad anymore and I'd like to get my kid into racing by potentially selling the lot of stuff my father had assembled over the years. I'm not uber anxious to sell it because it does have some sentimental value since I raced with him for many years, but I am curious what some folks out there might consider fair market value for something like this.

I can lay it all out and take pics if anyone is intrigued...

clarkremark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:35 AM   #2
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would suggest cleaning the car up and keeping it as a shelf queen. Since the HPI Proceed was discontinued a little more than a decade ago and parts are very scarce, running it regularly would be dicey if you break a part that you can't replace. Plus, with the newer cars with their latest tech designs, you would not get much for the car trying to sell it outright (unless a collector is seeking one). You can get some monies out of some of the other stuff (tire truer, Hudy setup stuff, starter box) if you are looking to get some monies out of the stuff.
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote