R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 07-28-2014, 09:19 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to motojon

Punch Fuels had good representation this past weekend at the NovaRossi Challenge race at the Greater L.A. track. Tony Clark took 1st in the Gt class, and 2nd in 1/8 scale and Chris Verano rapping up the podium spots with 3rd. 4 drivers total in the 1/8 main, 2 in GT

Last edited by motojon; 07-28-2014 at 09:34 AM.
motojon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:45 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Great Fuel! I've used it for the 1st time this pass weekend at the Nova race also. Got me a 2nd place finish in the GT A-main. No flame outs, ran at temps I like and great fuel consumption. I only had to touch my hs once on sat.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:01 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 180 (99%+)

Because of that Fuel you won a brand new novarossi engine too...
pinoy69racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:47 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

I slipped Wiley extra cash to put my ticket to the top for Joaquin to grab. for that one. Good fuel
Old 07-29-2014, 04:57 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

What makes this fuel different from the others?
Axial Exo, HPI WR8 Rally, 8ight Mini T
dnuggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:19 PM   #21
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuggett View Post
What makes this fuel different from the others?
the difference in the fuel I have noticed is run time has been the biggest improvement along with how easy it is to tune the engine and throttle response and all of this is paired along with O'Donnell V2 glow plugs.

Michael Palazzola
Old 11-17-2014, 08:45 AM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Hey all: Nice to see Steve O'Donnell back in the fuel game since he is a MASTER at it. Just curious He had been with TLR who has their own fuel line for a few years since he left his own company O'Donnell Racing so has anything changed there? Also will he be selling his new fuel on his own or through another company like TLR/nitrotane Mugen/flashpoint and even RB engines/fuel? Thanks
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #23
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man777 View Post
Hey all: Nice to see Steve O'Donnell back in the fuel game since he is a MASTER at it. Just curious He had been with TLR who has their own fuel line for a few years since he left his own company O'Donnell Racing so has anything changed there? Also will he be selling his new fuel on his own or through another company like TLR/nitrotane Mugen/flashpoint and even RB engines/fuel? Thanks
Steve is in fact selling his own fuel through his own company right now. If you'd like, I can help you obtain some. Just PM me if you're interested.

Team ARC USA - Hobby Authority Distribution - TiTAN BLITZ - ActivRC
bcebwecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:31 AM   #24
Tech Elite

How do I get some here in Texas?
Old 02-20-2015, 01:53 PM   #25
Tech Master

You can send an email to [email protected] with any ordering questions
Old 02-20-2015, 03:22 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Thanks
Old 05-09-2015, 07:48 PM   #27
Tech Adept

I have 3 weekends in now with this fuel. Tunes good. Runtime is good n power is good.

Problem is, The engine carmelizes and the piston is sticking at TDC. The head button is full of sticky carbon.. Crazy bc the engine runs fine Just makes horrible squeaks once started cold.. I'm just worried about the rod. I have well over a HARD gallon on a 2101 Os and still feels like metal to metal. When the buttons off and the piston n sleeve are cleaned n de carbines the stick is gone. I'll run another race day. And the stick returns. Crazy. Am I the only one experiencing this?

I realize this is an on road thread but didn't see anything pertaining to Punch in the off-road

Jamie Grayek

Last edited by Jgrayek; 05-09-2015 at 07:59 PM.
Jgrayek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:41 AM   #28
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrayek View Post
I have 3 weekends in now with this fuel. Tunes good. Runtime is good n power is good.

Problem is, The engine carmelizes and the piston is sticking at TDC. The head button is full of sticky carbon.. Crazy bc the engine runs fine Just makes horrible squeaks once started cold.. I'm just worried about the rod. I have well over a HARD gallon on a 2101 Os and still feels like metal to metal. When the buttons off and the piston n sleeve are cleaned n de carbines the stick is gone. I'll run another race day. And the stick returns. Crazy. Am I the only one experiencing this?

I realize this is an on road thread but didn't see anything pertaining to Punch in the off-road
I was told by the man himself, that its part of the lubrication package and the anti rust inhibitors in the fuel. When cold it feels as if pinch was "added" to the piston, well its not its just the oils doing there job in protecting the engine
Old 01-08-2017, 02:03 PM   #29
Tech Rookie

Right. My own fuel I mix never flames out and runs consistent and everything else. That's the absolute minimum a fuel should do. Is protect and simply run your engine good. Methanol nitro and oil. No secrets or "special secret" blends. This is strictly marketing. Based on the price it's not even using any fancy Ester synthetics because thats pretty expensive. If it is well that's something I'd brag about as a selling point. But it must likely doesn't. Castor you can get anywhere. Same with methanol and nitro slightly harder. Mix at 6% oil by volume and you have punch fuel. Add some klotz top end lube or whatever it is for protection against methanol and you have your anti rust. I love how most of these fuels claim they are the best but in a test you wouldn't be able to pick out your favorite fuel from another. Assuming you couldn't smell it or see the smoke and what got poured in you simply wouldn't know the difference unless you went from 6% to 12% oil. But percentage for percentage it's mostly the same folks. Pick your poison. It's be nice to always know the percentage of oil. But it's OK. You can measure out 100cc and vaporize it with a heat gun and see your exact percent by volume. I'm betting on 6~7 percent by volume on this punch race fuel. Maybe even 5.

The reason the marketing works is because everyone is different. Same exact setup 2 people can and will think 2 completely different things about it.

The engines themselves are a bit picky. Your dealing with different days.... Loads... Air leaks... Tuning.. Temperature. I know there is a difference in oil..... But I've ran straight castor in both planes and cars and straight klotz synthetic and could hardly tell a difference in how they ran. Even checking Max rpms on the plane engines the difference was so close that you toss it up. Every day it will run a hair different if weather changes.

You guys must be good. Noticing huge differences between synthetic castor blends with about the same total oil percentages. Same nitro. I'm sorry but same total oil content.... Same nitro percent.... Synthetic castor blends..... And your noticing HUGE differences?
Once again. Lots of money on this. Have someone pit in the fuel. Plug your nose and wear some shades to help with smoke. Run it and guess which fuel it is. There's a chance youll be right by simply guessing. That's all you'd he able to do is guess. Buy some fuel and run it or mix your own.

Last edited by rcbence; 01-08-2017 at 02:18 PM.
rcbence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:06 PM   #30
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojon View Post
When cold it feels as if pinch was "added" to the piston, well its not its just the oils doing there job in protecting the engine
That is not the fuel, that is the grow of the piston due heatcycle, but that will stabalize by itself.