R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Camber Change! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/80903-camber-change.html)

Bundy_Bear 08-15-2005 12:15 AM

Camber Change!

Hi Guys,

After doing a little research, it appears as though none of newer generation 200mm tourers (EG: S710, MTX4)allow you to play with camber change? It seems to have been replaced with roll centre adjustments... I could be wrong though and am happy for someone to point it out to me ;)

BB

olev 08-15-2005 12:24 AM

I'm not sure you understand what you are talking about... What is roll centre and what causes camber change?
It's quite hard to change one of them without the other. It's possible, but requires moving at least 2 pivot locations. Usually, when you change just one pivot location, both of them change. How can you have roll center change possibility and NOT have camber change adjustment possibility is beyond my imagination :weird:
Another thing is that nobody _talks_ about camber change adjustments any more, but that doesn't mean it can't be changed.

Bundy_Bear 08-15-2005 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by olev
I'm not sure you understand what you are talking about... What is roll centre and what causes camber change?
It's quite hard to change one of them without the other. It's possible, but requires moving at least 2 pivot locations. Usually, when you change just one pivot location, both of them change. How can you have roll center change possibility and NOT have camber change adjustment possibility is beyond my imagination :weird:
Another thing is that nobody _talks_ about camber change adjustments any more, but that doesn't mean it can't be changed.

Roll Centre = is a theoretical point around which the chassis rolls, and is determined by the design of the suspension.

Camber Change\ Rise = the measurement quantifies how much the camber changes on the car when the suspension is compressed.

(Info taken from the Hudy Setup Manual)

Maybe i am thinking back to the V1R days when you could make this sort of adjustment to the rear of the car.... You are right i am confused now:)

BB

Slotmachine 08-15-2005 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Roll Centre = is a theoretical point around which the chassis rolls, and is determined by the design of the suspension.

Camber Change\ Rise = the measurement quantifies how much the camber changes on the car when the suspension is compressed.

(Info taken from the Hudy Setup Manual)

Maybe i am thinking back to the V1R days when you could make this sort of adjustment to the rear of the car.... You are right i am confused now:)

BB

You can still change camber by itself! you can change roll center by itself, but when you change roll center it will change the (CAMBER GAIN ) in a corner when the car is compressed!

Bundy_Bear 08-15-2005 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
You can still change camber by itself! you can change roll center by itself, but when you change roll center it will change the (CAMBER GAIN ) in a corner when the car is compressed!

Ohh ok!

For example how would it be done on a S710 for example? Do you just adjust the position of the top arm an not bother about the bottom?

BB

Slotmachine 08-15-2005 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Ohh ok!

For example how would it be done on a S710 for example? Do you just adjust the position of the top arm an not bother about the bottom?

BB

If the top link is not adjustable, then you will have to adjust the bottom.