Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hobao GPX4 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default engine

I'm thinking in fit the GPX4 with a Novarossi 353 09' or Novarossi Flash engine... what do you think???
Old 05-20-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by guilcm123
I'm thinking in fit the GPX4 with a Novarossi 353 09' or Novarossi Flash engine... what do you think???
good, it would be great...I've seen both of these engines and they are powerfull..In other model but i think that it would fit your car very good...
Old 08-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default WOW!!!!

This is amazing. I bought the pro model in like 2005 and now almost 7 years later it is still just as good. This is the most slept over car in nitro on-road. When Hobao designed this car, they designed it to withstand time. It's like the porche 911. That car is a classic but still stronger and sexier than ever. I'm just starting to get back into racing again. My LHS is going to start running on road racing again thank God. I have been cursed with 5 years of off road which sent my pro to the shelf and haven't ran it since. I almost sold it. So glad I didn't. I have a question about silicone. After about 20 laps, all my silicone hardness has basically left my gear box or is this the norm? I have tried many different ones and none seem to stick. I have ran some friend/s RRRs and they seemed to hold better. Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong. But over all, this car gets more bang for it's buck and then some. Also is there a newer break system for these cars now? Thanks for any answers. Feels good to be back and so nice to still see people using this car.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

Check the o-rings in the diff. Make sure they are pliable. Make sure they are not hard, cracking, or split. If it uses a thin gasket, sometimes the gasket can be doubled up.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by D Starks
Check the o-rings in the diff. Make sure they are pliable. Make sure they are not hard, cracking, or split. If it uses a thin gasket, sometimes the gasket can be doubled up.

Hope this helps.
Awesome thanks. Yesterday I broke my car in after 5 years. I have a Sirio EVO III which I was for sure wasn't going to work or was going to fry. I never took the necessary precautions after hanging up racing in 2006. At any rate, I cleaned the car up, drained fuel, replaced furl lines, etc and it started up like it was yesterday. I ran 2 tanks of gas and had that car screaming. Also, no diff oil was leaking. Now I have heard that if you overfill your diff cases, some will leak out. Well I guess that's what mine did. Now my only problem is finding a track and weather or not to throw on my old front one-way. Thanks again and cheers.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi

Not sure many people will still be running this car, was wanting to know if the standard transmission gears on the GPX4 Pro #22054 & #22053 are 0.8 or 1.0 module... the manual is a little confusing.

Also,

For front overdrive do i run 23 or the 24t pulley?

Thanks
Andrew

Last edited by Bundy_Bear; 02-04-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hi

Not sure many people will still be running this car, was wanting to know if the standard transmission gears on the GPX4 Pro #22054 & #22053 are 0.8 or 1.0 module... the manual is a little confusing.

Also,

For front overdrive do i run 23 or the 24t pulley?

Thanks
Andrew
I think they are module .8 but can;t be certain. Andrew, ever tried plugging in values to --> http://www.beachmumsracing.org.au/fy...speed-calc-v2/
Old 02-05-2012, 02:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blis
I think they are module .8 but can;t be certain. Andrew, ever tried plugging in values to --> http://www.beachmumsracing.org.au/fy...speed-calc-v2/
Harry

Thanks, i tried looking on Google for software like this to no avail... Assuming i have done it right 23T = 1.2105 & 24T = 1.2631 for a Side Pulley Ratio...

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me though... thought one would have to be less and closer to 1:1 ratio!

Thanks
Andrew
Old 02-05-2012, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Harry

Thanks, i tried looking on Google for software like this to no avail... Assuming i have done it right 23T = 1.2105 & 24T = 1.2631 for a Side Pulley Ratio...

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me though... thought one would have to be less and closer to 1:1 ratio!

Thanks
Andrew
Glad you liked it.. I've used it to get a better understanding of tyre diameters

Andrew, the ratio is like a fraction, the higher the denominator the lower the gearing ratio. Hence...

23T = 1.2105 is a higher gear ratio than 24T = 1.2631

This is the V2 I wrote, it also tells you the RPM of the diff to get a better understanding of them and thus the speed of the wheels based on the circumference of the tyres. So many gearing charts are primitive or single speed for EP cars with fixed diameter wheels.

The drag calculation is primitive working on metric horsepower yet demonstrates that the majority of our nitro horsepower is used pushing through the air at speed. This has been proven in night races on a humid night @ brendale where there's plenty of down-force and times seem to drop.

Anyway, I think it's time I migrated the code over to the CapricornRC site and setup for the LAB C02
Old 02-05-2012, 03:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blis
Glad you liked it.. I've used it to get a better understanding of tyre diameters

Andrew, the ratio is like a fraction, the higher the denominator the lower the gearing ratio. Hence...

23T = 1.2105 is a higher gear ratio than 24T = 1.2631

This is the V2 I wrote, it also tells you the RPM of the diff to get a better understanding of them and thus the speed of the wheels based on the circumference of the tyres. So many gearing charts are primitive or single speed for EP cars with fixed diameter wheels.

The drag calculation is primitive working on metric horsepower yet demonstrates that the majority of our nitro horsepower is used pushing through the air at speed. This has been proven in night races on a humid night @ brendale where there's plenty of down-force and times seem to drop.

Anyway, I think it's time I migrated the code over to the CapricornRC site and setup for the LAB C02
So then the 23t will be correct for a 2mm split?
Old 02-05-2012, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

So then the 23t will be correct for a 2mm split?
Smaller front side pulley will increase the RPM to the front wheel compensating for the smaller diameter.. yes
Old 02-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have one of these for sale if any one is interested
Old 04-30-2012, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

Harry:

This car is frustrating me, i don't know if it is a clutch, fuel tank issue or a tune issue, but my car will only do half a lap and always stops at the same part of the track lap after lap

It's jinxed!!!!

Andrew
Old 04-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lonsta
Also is there a newer break system for these cars now?
I might be getting baldy's and I want to know this too, my friend's GPX4 doesn't brake for nothing, I think it's his tunning but just wondering.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi my gpx4 pro when I apply the brake only the rear wheel brake but front wheel still rolling is it normal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.