Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hobao GPX4 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The rolling chasis is done, now I just need to rip the electronics out of my RRR. Can't wait for the shake down run.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Francis M.
The rolling chasis is done, now I just need to rip the electronics out of my RRR. Can't wait for the shake down run.
Its gonna be good!!!
Old 11-20-2005, 11:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

The GPX-4 has been in the market here in Manila Philippines for a year now. Many novice to expert drivers run this car. In fact, the Hobao GPX4 outnumbers any other nitro kit here (MTX-3, MTX-4, G4, 710, R40) because of parts support by one of the LHS.

There are a few fixes and speed tips that has to be made though to make it competitive with the more expensive cars. Like loosening the front and rear belts. PM me if you want to know how this is done.

Originally Posted by MCRUZ
Its gonna be good!!!
Old 11-21-2005, 02:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'd love to hear how well this thing does outside of PI. In the Philippines it is very well supported by highly skilled enthusiasts who also run the lhs. Since the design is almost a year old, It would be interesting to see how it fares against the "top of the line" Mtx4, the MTX3 Prospec, the Kyosho V1RRR, and the Serpent 710.

If it does well, it gives excellent value for its performance and pricepoint. Something that the hobby could use more of.

We'll see.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

The OFNA drivers have been running the car for awhile now and have had very good results. Jeffrey Lin has won quite a few races with the car and placed the car in the A main at the Nationals.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

BTW it would be good to use MTX-3 long belts for the mid pulley cause the Bando stock belts don't last very long.

Same with the rear.

I don't know if what you have now in the kit are the new outdrives, but the old ones were soft.

Originally Posted by Hammer0412
I'd love to hear how well this thing does outside of PI. In the Philippines it is very well supported by highly skilled enthusiasts who also run the lhs. Since the design is almost a year old, It would be interesting to see how it fares against the "top of the line" Mtx4, the MTX3 Prospec, the Kyosho V1RRR, and the Serpent 710.

If it does well, it gives excellent value for its performance and pricepoint. Something that the hobby could use more of.

We'll see.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Initiate

I was just about to go for the RRR but then saw the GPX PRO. Ok its not made by kyosho but who cares. All i can say is that it is fantastic. Outraced Mugens,Serpents and kyoshos. The car although not known very well is more than i expected. I added the full options to it and others have said the side belt is a bit stiff. Appart from that all is cool

I think HOBAO (OFNA) has done it again and offered us a good car at an affordable price.

At the end of the day if you can drive why bother getting something expensive. No regrets so far
Old 11-24-2005, 07:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Front/Rear belt fix
Shave off a half moon portion in the plastic part (mid block and front) where the diff's bearings are inserted using a dremel, just a tad. Then inserts metal strip from a metal fastener cut half to quarter circle on the area not shaved to move the bearing just a bit toward the other pulley making the belt looser than in its original position.

Others said they leave the rear alone and let it break-in itself. Front they put thin washers in the mid-block tilting the block forward to free up the belt.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Bump... any updates? i might be on the market for either an mtx4 or a gpx4 pro soon...it would be nice to know if the performance is similar that I could put the money saved from a Ho Bao purchase into a more potent engine.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Francis.M:

Do you have any pictures of your GPX4 Pro you can post? Does anyone know a good online store to check parts & prices on a GPX4 etc.

I have always liked to be a little different with my car choice from the other sheep at my local track. I had a G4 about a year ago an was very unimpressed with the quality/ lack of R/D of the kit.... how does a GPX4 compare.

BB
Old 12-02-2005, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

After doing a bit more research i found RC-Union seemed to have most things listed on there site

Questions i have though:

If i was to get a GPX4 i would require a front diff, looking though the online maual it would appear as though i would need the following items...

22001 Front Pulley
22003 Diff Case
22004 Diff Bevel Gear
22005 Diff Outdrive

But can someone confirm for me at 22004 includes o-rings, shims, gears & shaft? And that 22003 includes diff case, gasket & screws?

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

BB

P.S: if you haven't gathered, i live downunder an have not found anything local that supports this car
Old 12-02-2005, 03:22 AM
Tech Regular

any hobby shop that deals with hobby works can get the bits you need. if you dont have any luck let me know.

if you havent bought a car yet, get a mtx3-4 or a rrr. there much better.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

GPX4 option parts and more.

http://www.dogboneind.com/gpx4parts.html

Just PM suntok2 if you want to order, they can ship anywhere.

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Francis.M:

Do you have any pictures of your GPX4 Pro you can post? Does anyone know a good online store to check parts & prices on a GPX4 etc.

I have always liked to be a little different with my car choice from the other sheep at my local track. I had a G4 about a year ago an was very unimpressed with the quality/ lack of R/D of the kit.... how does a GPX4 compare.

BB
Old 12-02-2005, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Francis.M:

BB

Hi bundy, Sorry i don't have available pics. the over all quality of the car is good. You just need to free up the belts a little i can tell you that this car is solid and the streering link has no slop. I think you will appreciate the quality of the car once you put one together. The only thing is you will need a power screw driver to speed up working on the car.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:10 PM
Tech Initiate

These guys have everything and ship worldwide.
www.nitro.com.cy

Just drop them an email on what you need and they will sort it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.