Community
Wiki Posts
Search

***XRAY RX8 2014***

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Got it. It will be interesting to see what the new car does on a high traction track. I am very interested.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Whats with Xrays web site, I believe the 2014 NT1 and RX8 are in stock most places, yet no updated on their web site on product info, weird.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

so which US hobby shops are carrying the 2014??
Old 06-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Team STPN
so which US hobby shops are carrying the 2014??
I know A Main Hobbies will for sure have it because they pretty much carry evertyhing. I am not sure about others.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

New car build underway!

Old 06-07-2014, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Nice
Old 06-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Tech Rookie

VERY nice !

Would you mind sharing your supplier for the car ?
Old 06-07-2014, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by brokenspirit
VERY nice !

Would you mind sharing your supplier for the car ?
I got mine directly from RC America. I would say where you currently buy xray stuff just put in a special order for one. I am sure they would be happy to.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Car is really nice. Can't wait to try it.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by OnRDPassion
I got mine directly from RC America. I would say where you currently buy xray stuff just put in a special order for one. I am sure they would be happy to.
Ya . I guess there is a difference between " carrying" the product and " STOCKING" the product . LOL ... "where i currently buy xray stuff " That's just too funny There is no "brick and mortar " near me even remotely. Every online shop always say's " B/O , B/O , B/O and yes even ... B/O on anything xray . Even there own online store has been down forever . Like they don't want to sell there products . End of rant ... sorry

Anyways ... would you or phil care to share any foreseeable pit falls in the build ?

Thanks
Old 06-08-2014, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by brokenspirit
Ya . I guess there is a difference between " carrying" the product and " STOCKING" the product . LOL ... "where i currently buy xray stuff " That's just too funny There is no "brick and mortar " near me even remotely. Every online shop always say's " B/O , B/O , B/O and yes even ... B/O on anything xray . Even there own online store has been down forever . Like they don't want to sell there products . End of rant ... sorry

Anyways ... would you or phil care to share any foreseeable pit falls in the build ?

Thanks
Unfortunately I am traveling this week so what you see is only how far I have been able to get. The only thing I have changed out from the kit yet is the rear dog bones to rear CVDs. The car goes together well and just make sure the inserts for the rear lower arms and upper arms are fully seated otherwise you will get binding.

The other change I made was loosening the belt one click from where the normal starting position is because it felt just a hair too tight for my liking. Something I really like compared to the old car is the hinge pins with the flat surface on them for the set screw.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Picture of the front arms and then mounted on the chassis

I do have to say the front the upper bumper feels stronger than on the older car.

This is the newer front middle layshaft. I do have to admit I like this new design a lot better. I have used the upgraded 29T front gear on the car.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Here the new front middle layshaft installed along with the new 2 speed transmission in the car. Something to not is the rear 18T outer pulley is not the same as the last car. They have revised the pin size so it is actually a little bit too long. However when I get more time it seems like you can grind down the pin slightly and get it to work. Just think it is worth noting.

Steering Column installed

Top deck installed. The new gas tank installation is interesting. Definitely can see how it is floating and the benefits with this. The other nice thing I like is the new battery tray does not have curved insides to it. The problem with the curving before was it caused a lipo battery pack to be pushed up into the tank, now it doesn't seem to do that.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

New two speed cloth assembly installed on my Picco engine. The new clutch bell is slightly different by now having three bearings inside of it.

The engine now installed in the car. Something to note is the 2 speed layshaft is a little long now with the new gears and requires a new aluminum spacer that was not on the old car. You can kind of see it through the opening of the e-clip in this side shot.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Looks like John Erman is running the larger gears on the car now and a green clutch shoe.

http://ens.redrc.net/wp-content/uplo...6/ermencf4.jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.