R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-23-2014, 10:09 AM   #121
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Harry, I echo your thoughts above. It was a fantastic event which was well run and supported. It was great to finally meet you and Luke and once the traction roll issues were overcome he drove extremely well at his first worlds!! I really hope to see you again in Gubbio 2016!! By the way I just noticed your PM and will go check it out
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent 977 EVO2 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 03:51 AM   #122
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
Harry, I echo your thoughts above. It was a fantastic event which was well run and supported. It was great to finally meet you and Luke and once the traction roll issues were overcome he drove extremely well at his first worlds!! I really hope to see you again in Gubbio 2016!! By the way I just noticed your PM and will go check it out
If those other crazy goats stopped butting heads with the concrete barriers, then maybe we could have had parts available to push a little harder in practice.

We have no regrets, unknown to me, we finished the two finals with the carby bolt missing, we had to richen up while scratching our heads, so the gods looked upon us, it was a huge learning experience too, so we've come home content and happy. Loved watching your bump too (LiveRC), mate it was some fiesty racing on your behalf, hard and fast. Well done! If I get a chance I'll put together a UK special but for now, I can only work out a few cars as most were white!!!

I'll keep an eye out, but I know there's a lot of a pink car that I'll get around to putting a special package together with. For now it's on with painting my house.
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:19 AM   #123
Tech Elite

Pink!! That's what his secret was...
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent 977 EVO2 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:30 AM   #124
Tech Elite

Quote:
Pink!! That's what his secret was...
I think it had a lot to do with a mum caring for another young son, Julie really made Lukey feel special and in turn as a father, Martin and I know how important it is for the younger minds to feel equal in among the all stars with a few more years up their sleeve.

I was most impressed with the maturity the young UK representative demonstrated, doing homework at night, racing during the day. Perhaps the other Harry should have made another call to one of the Kingdoms own as well! You should all be proud, to have a young driver in your camp, they're becoming a rarity.

So there's a lot of appreciation for the care shown from our surrogate association, our representative unfortunately had health issues at home, totally understandable. After all, Luke is 1/2 English!

My wife will be heading home to Hampshire mid next year, so you never know, might be a good chance for Luke to house mind in Soberton and sneak out and play BRCA style! It's not like he has to dodge Kangaroos in the middle of the night driving back from Sydney!
Old 11-25-2014, 02:20 AM   #125
Tech Elite

Keep in touch!! Would be great to see Luke at a brca national round! I'll send you the calendar in January when it's published!
Old 11-25-2014, 06:03 AM   #126
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool

harry!! I was looking you up in facebook. What came up was harry potter! Hehe
I really miss you guys hope to hang out with you guys again. u gotta breakin my engine
Old 11-30-2014, 04:04 AM   #127
Tech Elite

Default WC Vids

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Here's the Trailer of the 2014 IFMAR IC 1/10 Worlds. It's a compilation of out takes from the actual 1 hour video of the whole event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrh52yyf8Bk

Keep a look out on racing.beachmums.com.au for more. It's too big to upload so I'll be shipping and handling DVD, USB or BluRay editions once it's finished.

If anyone can get the crew at XRAY to send me an e-mail and contact address it would be appreciated. This also goes for Serpent as I by default send podium drivers a souvenir.

tks

h
Old 11-30-2014, 07:17 AM   #128
Tech Elite

Location: Beneath a rock down by the river. Don't have money for van
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good job!
Old 11-30-2014, 08:23 AM   #129
Tech Elite

Fantastic Harry!!!
Old 11-30-2014, 02:05 PM   #130
Tech Elite

Quote:
Fantastic Harry!!!
Hey Dan,

It was a huge task editing 12 days of footage, I've never had so much to deal with, there could be some timeline issues, but it's as good as I can get for this cut.

I'm usually scraping the clip bins to get a 10 minute video. It was daunting and the camera work wasnt the best, I was racing with Luke after all....!!

Mate that last 4 minutes put the biggest smile on my face, realising there's more to the people than there are to the results and the smiles and happy gestures by all really lifted me out of a deep hole of media overload.

Im currently exporting the final cut and it's going to take my PC over 24 hours to complete it. It's been running all night long and still 20 hours to go. Yes it's HUGE, what else would be fitting of a spectacular event like the one we shared together.

I hope to send HugeRC a USB/DVD/BluRay version for them to share with people who attend the track. How and when I get around to delivering it I don't know. I was also thinking of arranging something along the lines of putting any proceeds back into Thailand's temples or worthy charities, I trust Surikarn will advise.

Mate if you can get me a contact to Michael Salven through Julie or yourself, I'd be very appreciative!

beachbum- at - beachmums.com.au

Thanks for being there with us, it was a REAL pleasure meeting you in person and a big hug for Julie and Martin for making me feel at home.

h
Old 12-02-2014, 01:09 AM   #131
Tech Elite

Harry, I will be travelling (on holiday) to Bangkok over Christmas with the family and intend to pay the track a little visit to show my kids where Daddy was all that time! I'm also racing at the TITC race end of Feb 2015 so I'd be happy to hand deliver the DVD to Pim & Surikarn if you'd like.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:01 AM   #132
Tech Elite

Default Anyone interested?

Quote:
Harry, I will be travelling (on holiday) to Bangkok over Christmas with the family and intend to pay the track a little visit to show my kids where Daddy was all that time! I'm also racing at the TITC race end of Feb 2015 so I'd be happy to hand deliver the DVD to Pim & Surikarn if you'd like.
It's all good Dan, I've got plans to visit Thailand again and head over the the Emirates as well. Might catch up with you there!!
Old 12-03-2014, 04:50 AM   #133
Tech Elite

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Spelling... omg!

No comments please, it will take another 50 hours to export and transcode... NOT!

Enjoy.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:38 PM   #134
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Massive effort Harry!
Thanks for the sacrifice of your time and effort (guessing somewhere around 60-80 Hrs maybe more?). You've documented for all time an event we'll always be able to look back at and enjoy fond memories, new friendships and reinforce a determination to do better next time around.

Shaps
[][]** Team Trinity **[]** i-Charger **[]** Team Zombie **[]** Yeah Racing **[][]
CountryHick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #135
Tech Elite

Andrew,

It was my word, a while ago I told Jeff I wanted for our top 4 to unite when things were hostile, accusations untrue and all I wanted to do was capture those that have inspired and helped us along the way to pursue the wonderful motives in among the competition. To teach my sons to look beyond the results and feel the passion of others and contribute our own little piece of the big picture and make it spectacular.

If we wanted to do better I would have left the camera at home and gotten more sleep, concentrated more on the racing. But I'm proud of my son, and no result in RC will ever surpass the pride I have for who he is, not what he can do and to teach him that there is more pride in a promise fulfilled than a placing on a result sheet.

Tags
1/10, 200mm, huge, ifmar, serpent