R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-13-2014, 07:55 AM   #106
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Yes, I could even run the V-one-SR as it is basicly a V-one RRR but money for sure and also time and other reasons are playing a role. Maybe the next 1/8 again.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #107
Tech Rookie

blis, Michael Salven is German.
Callisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #108
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
blis, Michael Salven is German.
Sorry... Thank you for correcting me, but from what I have seen it doesnt matter where he comes from, he is a global ambassador of our hobby.
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:48 PM   #109
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Yes, I could even run the V-one-SR as it is basicly a V-one RRR but money for sure and also time and other reasons are playing a role. Maybe the next 1/8 again.
Roelof, our anxiety and frustrations on RCTech do not reflect the passion and commitment of the true contributors of our hobby.

It has been a spectacular experience to witness the best in the world on a morphing high performance track. We don't have enough experience to be at our best under the extreme pressures of the best RC drivers and teams in the world. Yes it is intimidating, so is life... Would I do it again, YES!

It has also been a wonderful experience being guests of Surikarn, Pim and all the team at Huge RC. Give it another ten to 15m of back straight and an 1/8th on track would be even more spectacular. It really is bigger than you think. It would be two seconds slower if it were outdoors with low traction.

Not one of the top drivers have it easy, they are all under extreme pressure and the point system we used has made the racing more strategic, more precise and very very exciting. It only takes the chance of being in the wrong track position when another driver pushes and ends up on his lid on the racing line. A little luck had a LOT to do with where the drivers ranked for the finals the rest was skill and expeirnce.

Many of the top names will rise in the finals, running from the lead has great advantage here, stepping off line into a corner will take it's toll on many of the drivers currently holding position between 30-60. There is still EP rubber off line.

I am very pleased to say the lower order racing has been courteous and driving etiquette world class. Please understand that we have shared many opinions and conversations here on RCtech and it would have been very nice to have rubbed shoulders in the sweep as spectators, or pit lane and then enjoying a beer in the evening.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:36 PM   #110
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
Roelof, our anxiety and frustrations on RCTech do not reflect the passion and commitment of the true contributors of our hobby.

It has been a spectacular experience to witness the best in the world on a morphing high performance track. We don't have enough experience to be at our best under the extreme pressures of the best RC drivers and teams in the world. Yes it is intimidating, so is life... Would I do it again, YES!

It has also been a wonderful experience being guests of Surikarn, Pim and all the team at Huge RC. Give it another ten to 15m of back straight and an 1/8th on track would be even more spectacular. It really is bigger than you think. It would be two seconds slower if it were outdoors with low traction.

Not one of the top drivers have it easy, they are all under extreme pressure and the point system we used has made the racing more strategic, more precise and very very exciting. It only takes the chance of being in the wrong track position when another driver pushes and ends up on his lid on the racing line. A little luck had a LOT to do with where the drivers ranked for the finals the rest was skill and expeirnce.

Many of the top names will rise in the finals, running from the lead has great advantage here, stepping off line into a corner will take it's toll on many of the drivers currently holding position between 30-60. There is still EP rubber off line.

I am very pleased to say the lower order racing has been courteous and driving etiquette world class. Please understand that we have shared many opinions and conversations here on RCtech and it would have been very nice to have rubbed shoulders in the sweep as spectators, or pit lane and then enjoying a beer in the evening.
H , saw a comment somewhere from lu ( Harry's wife and pit table cleaner the kitchen table ) said see is quite enjoying her holiday with a clean house with no rc components litering the house from one end to the other , so I'd be taking that as a leave pass and can stay a little longer if you wish lol, having said that we all know you be on that plane asap no place like home when it's the best place on this planet
Intimidated shit I remember not long ago Luke was intimidated by a australian feild of drivers in the same company now he is one of the intimidators we expect better things to come as he is doveloping into one fine young driver asthe youngest member of team Aussie
Good luck with your final runs lukey
Old 11-13-2014, 07:39 PM   #111
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting
Default Whiting's

Main day for us today. We are up at 3:00pm local time. Very cool race!
Old 11-13-2014, 08:02 PM   #112
Tech Apprentice

Hey Harry
Love your comments. Spoken with maturity and humility.

Enjoy what racing you have left and can't wait to hear your stories, one on one when you get back. Lu friended me last night.

Have fun.
GENERALTALKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:06 PM   #113
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff whiting View Post
Main day for us today. We are up at 3:00pm local time. Very cool race!
Jeff for every sporting event some get the pointy end of the arrow some get the tail feathers let's see you shake them tail feathers although I'm at home watching you as well as all the teams have made this event and I thank you for that
Good luck to everybody today most of all have fun
Old 11-15-2014, 05:25 AM   #114
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default The Champ

Well done!
Attached Thumbnails
2014 1/10 IC 200mm World Championships - HUGE RC Thailand-capture.jpg  
Old 11-15-2014, 08:53 AM   #115
Tech Master

Congrats to Alex. Jod well done buddy.

World Champ!

Thanks,
Drew
Old 11-15-2014, 03:43 PM   #116
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Great showing for JJ Wang bringing it home 5th. Kid just keeps getting faster.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #117
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Great showing for JJ Wang bringing it home 5th. Kid just keeps getting faster.
Loren was great to race with too Really nice folk and clean enjoyable racing. JJ's dad is very loved, pity more US didnt come over, was a great event.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #118
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Attached Thumbnails
2014 1/10 IC 200mm World Championships - HUGE RC Thailand-no-xray-no-party.jpg  
peter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:44 AM   #119
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Great event. Great people. Worthy champion. Well done Alex Hagberg!
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:53 AM   #120
Tech Elite

Default Thanks for a great WC experience

As I sit in the wee hours of the morning watching the F1 championship with Luke, it's a good time to also reflect on the championship event we attended that also had it's moments and for me more spectacular because we were one small part of the spectacle.

While I squeeze a few words out of Luke, which is almost as difficult as preventing traction rolls at Huge RC...

Alas, he has spoken and in no particular order, he'd like to thank Malek at Novarossi for making all the Nova drivers feel special. Julie from BRCA for the special attention with his handy schedules and all the background support. Also LiveRC for recognizing his commitment to our hobby and of Course Surikarn and Pim for being the very best hosts one could ask for. Speicial thanks to support from Alex Thurston, Dan Jones, Benn Dunn and Dave Gillespie.

For me all the above have left the fondest of memories, this is a hobby that engages us in racing, results are merely temporary markers where as the people, their duty of care and wonderful emotions that we experience live on forever and teach us values that are priceless for a young mind.

For this old mind, there are beautiful moments that I will cherish. My friend Cristian, an evening with a cigar and Chivas on the rocks coupled with a deep philosophical conversation about life love and family is hard to beat. A big thanks of appreciation to the IFMAR and EFRA representatives that gave us the leighway to participate as green newcomers with a little discretion, it's not easy to be officials, rules are rules yet I always sensed they truly cared for the future of our hobby and made us feel more than welcomed.

Those lovely ladies in the canteen, always happy to greet me, trusting and caring for my needs and always lifting my spirits. Pim and Surikarn for unblemished care they showed for all of us, ensuring we were ready for the bus, taking care of all our needs and emphasizing the importance of their role as hosts... Without question, going well and beytond the call of duty. I think it will be hard to expect that level of hospitality ever again.

My media buddies at LiveRC, for their commitment to our hobby, I wont go into the details but we had a good bus trip in the executive compartment and shared the thankless aspects of what we do, so to Brandopn and the crew, thanks again for your commitment.

Patrizzio from Capricorn, Kenny from KM and Patrick from Shepherd were there for their for support and did everything that was expected of them. For me as a father and lover of our hobby, two people have left a lasting impression of the foundations of our hobby.

One was Juraj Hudy, a gentleman that has been instrumental in the accessibility of high performance equipment and was open and welcoming to one and all. He was visible, approachable and this wisdom has been passed onto his son, to have experienced a WC with them present was a privilege and honour and the Xray victory was well deserved.

The second, for me the perfect example of commitment to our hobby was from Michael Salven. It was motivating to see one individual share and divide his attention across a large family of Serpent drivers. He sought out each and every driver and offered his support irrespective of rank or position. An admirable and memorable experience to witness and even more so having my son there to see it too.

To all the drivers, mechanics and friends that supported this years WC at HugeRC, I wish to thank all of you for a wonderful experience that lived up to and beyond expectation.

Sincerely

Harry Sinanian

PS:Yes we were beaten by a girl, but hey in 2014, she's the fastest 200mm girl in the world!!!

Tags
1/10, 200mm, huge, ifmar, serpent