R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-12-2014, 08:28 AM   #91
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

To me this is what racing is all about: Try to adapt in every situation.

Beside the manufacturers you will see many drivers trying some solutions and after this worlds you will see which brand an drivers runs like a team and which drivers do not share their (real) setups.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:47 AM   #92
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
To me this is what racing is all about: Try to adapt in every situation.

Beside the manufacturers you will see many drivers trying some solutions and after this worlds you will see which brand an drivers runs like a team and which drivers do not share their (real) setups.
Roelof , been watching the clock all day and must say it's tuff going Dario comes to mind it's a case of hero to zero two off pace laps can have you drop hard and there's no time to come back 5 min quals set ups most driver sayin the cars are ok and tying to build in safety margins so they can drive mistake free race has been the key to today me thinks how many places you think you be needin a titanium battery tray at 130 grams lol

Last edited by Cavey; 11-12-2014 at 09:33 AM.
Cavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:04 AM   #93
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Does anyone know hows the MAIN setup..? Top 4 goes to main automatic or everyone race to the Main like 1/8th open?
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:05 AM   #94
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavey View Post
Roelof , been watching the clock all day and must say it's tuff going Dario comes to mind it's a case of hero to zero two off pace laps can have you drop hard and there's no time to come back 5 min quals set ups most driver sayin the cars are ok and tying to build in safety margins so they can drive mistake free race has been the key to today me thinks how many places you think you be needin a titanium battery tray at 130 grams lol
Tungsten...

Roelof, we are adapting all the time, the track is still very sticky wide of the line, the racing line is delicious now and we're all removing weight again as the car has drift. Tyres are spinning now with foam under shells.

Now one question is... WHERE ARE YOU!!!

The Netherlands had one representative, Jilles, surely it was your time to come and play. Why werent you there waving the Dutch flag and meeting up with the wonderful world of RC!!

We are not spectacular, but we are part of the spectacle that is the Worlds!
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:24 AM   #95
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Does anyone know hows the MAIN setup..? Top 4 goes to main automatic or everyone race to the Main like 1/8th open?
TQ goes into final, and only the TQ, everyone else into semis etc.

Edit: Also it's all points system, points per run, best 4 of 6 count, total points sets qual ranking and seeding to finals.
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:42 AM   #96
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
:

Top qual only sit out spot , then everyone races but quals on points count 4 from 6 the best will shine and from what being said minimal tyre wear on hand out tyre whos got this one ? There be ten favorites they be in the A main I recon you get good odds if you could call the ten with three quals remaining
Old 11-12-2014, 11:02 AM   #97
Tech Elite

Hagberg and a few have enough points in 3 rounds, they would be hard pressed not to make the top ten, I think, the math involved in deciding that gives me a headache. lol
Old 11-12-2014, 02:36 PM   #98
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
TQ goes into final, and only the TQ, everyone else into semis etc.

Edit: Also it's all points system, points per run, best 4 of 6 count, total points sets qual ranking and seeding to finals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavey View Post
:

Top qual only sit out spot , then everyone races but quals on points count 4 from 6 the best will shine and from what being said minimal tyre wear on hand out tyre whos got this one ? There be ten favorites they be in the A main I recon you get good odds if you could call the ten with three quals remaining
Thank you...great system. And how often TQ won the race at the end...? Very rare.....
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:20 PM   #99
Tech Elite

Some are hating on the new format, I'm kind of liking it thus far, it rewards consistent driving vs ability to put in just one smoking hot heat, is that not a good thing?

Random interesting though here, new system is like watching a season of some other motorsport, round by round, then topped off by an epic top 10 shootout for the win, kind of epic.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:44 PM   #100
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nitro racing was unique in a way that it had fuel stops, top 4 who get to practice on race day and the pressure of getting knocked off your petastool or going for glory on the last qualie. All this has been eliminated so all i do now is try to work out who is where with a calculator, after a short while i get the shits and turn the broadcast volume down, put on some enrique Iglesias and its just like im watching electric tourers, how awsome.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:25 AM   #101
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
Now one question is... WHERE ARE YOU!!!

The Netherlands had one representative, Jilles, surely it was your time to come and play. Why werent you there waving the Dutch flag and meeting up with the wonderful world of RC!!
As I have an unlimited budget....
These kind of trips can only be done if the sponsor wants to. Beside that, I do not drive 1/10 on a serious level (I do have a V-one-SR..). But yes, I must agree that the last year the Dutch guys are not really represnted on such international races.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:44 AM   #102
Tech Rookie

For the record, Dario's wing was fixed for today. Now he just needs a front grill (true, but I'll let that one slide).
Callisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:58 AM   #103
Tech Apprentice

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
For the record, Dario's wing was fixed for today. Now he just needs a front grill (true, but I'll let that one slide).
Wow man, you've really got it in for poor old Dario, he must have kicked your ass bad, some time!
GENERALTALKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:01 AM   #104
Tech Rookie

That's a tepid insult if you watched the ENS.
Callisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:28 AM   #105
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
As I have an unlimited budget....
These kind of trips can only be done if the sponsor wants to. Beside that, I do not drive 1/10 on a serious level (I do have a V-one-SR..). But yes, I must agree that the last year the Dutch guys are not really represnted on such international races.
Seriously man, would have loved to catch up, it's relatively cheap to travel, eat and if I knew what I know now, I would have built a single XRAY and engine package and turned up. The pro shops were really helpful, I didnt need to preapre shells, they had heaps, it would have been without question the cheapest World Championship,...

Anyway, I do understand, it's never cheap, it was strange only one dutchy on track... But there was another, who tirelessly worked his team of Serpents to an amazing place and there were hugs and smiles on all the Serpent team.

That alone for you would have made it worth a look..
blis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1/10, 200mm, huge, ifmar, serpent