R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-08-2014, 02:48 PM   #31
Tech Regular

Hope it's a cooler day today h hangovers and all , glad you got that out of the way might be able to refrain now till the gala dinner well maybe not 4liters of green bottles till then
Old 11-08-2014, 08:37 PM   #32
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Tooth View Post
Subscribing and wishing good luck to all. Thanks for the updates blis, loving it!
http://racing.beachmums.com.au/hangover-report/

Ill start taking snaps of timing system unless theres RC Timing already?
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:43 PM   #33
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
http://racing.beachmums.com.au/hangover-report/

Ill start taking snaps of timing system unless theres RC Timing already?
Hahahaha Harry no cure to a hangover like work to be done and screaming nitro engines
Glad to see lukey finally got a set up he can work with even if its a rebuild to get back to square one caution must come out different in another language .
Mate were getting nothing out information wise not till Tuesday when live rc get to town so your it with the beachmums page and doing a cracking job make sure you give Dallas at ifmar the Australian media reports bill lol.
Of course I'm getting face book pictures tell arron and the boys keep posting the after hours stuff keen to see some of the team with a few locals you know the ones the good looking ones
Old 11-09-2014, 03:37 AM   #34
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Fastest times after today (Sunday)
Attached Thumbnails
2014 1/10 IC 200mm World Championships - HUGE RC Thailand-image.jpg  
Old 11-09-2014, 09:54 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Default Yawn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavey View Post
Hahahaha Harry no cure to a hangover like work to be done and screaming nitro engines
Glad to see lukey finally got a set up he can work with even if its a rebuild to get back to square one caution must come out different in another language .
Mate were getting nothing out information wise not till Tuesday when live rc get to town so your it with the beachmums page and doing a cracking job make sure you give Dallas at ifmar the Australian media reports bill lol.
Of course I'm getting face book pictures tell arron and the boys keep posting the after hours stuff keen to see some of the team with a few locals you know the ones the good looking ones
Snowy, get on that plane now, Im not getting any sleep at all and this is supposed to be your job!!

Cavey, mate the boys are holding their own and doing us all proud, RecRC arrives tomorrow (hear say) and I know Surikarn installed a new router for RC-Timing nbut unsure wh

http://racing.beachmums.com.au/control-practice-day-1/
Old 11-09-2014, 10:35 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

2 Serpents at the top of practice.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:54 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
2 Serpents at the top of practice.
I have to give credit to Michael Salven, he's been outstanding in support for ALL the Serpent drivers, I mean all the way down to the bottom of the list.

It's stinking hot and humid, he could be sitting comfortably in the A/C but he's out there in the garages sharing and caring for all those with the Speedy Snakes.

I will say the track is most unforgiving and I don't know at what point the parts will run out. Im not sure how robust they are, but I think the diffs are holding up where others arent. Lifting inside wheels with high speed corners and super grip is hard on them

Many are running 2.5 million fronts, if not spools. Rears are quite soft to allow for turn in because you are on power in corners, it's not power on, brake and power out, it's power on everywhere. The fronts are heavy to help scrub off the crazy turn in. If the chassis plate bottoms out, there's a black sticky goo stuck to it, like tar.

I think the grip has given many drivers a chance to really show how fast their cars can run, so they're rocket running to get that elusive position and as you can see, there's 1 second in over 50 drivers.

Ive never seen so many awesome drivers put their cars into the surround concrete barriers and box metal fence/railings. It's not like you slide off into a barrier, the cars bite, do quadruple twists mid air and slam!'

This isn't a small track, its hard to get a good picture to show how big it is. It's just insanely fast! The drivers stand EASILY fits over 15 drivers if that gives you an idea of the size.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:33 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Put it this way, if you were a Drag racer and there was a chance the track could offer a World Record, you too would blow engines, transmissions and clutches trying.

I don't think it's a Record average speed as the track has many tight sections. BUt in terms of car performance, it's gotta be the fastest track in terms of grip, cornering, braking and acceleration.

Surikarn, Pim and the crew at Huge RC are the most dedicated hosts too. Event running like clockwork, there's everything you could want including pro shops with great pricing and friendly staff.. If there's an OS track I will return to, this is it!

Why am I up at 2:30 doing the keyboard warrior you ask? There's no point practicing when everyone's going nuts to get that utimate laptime and there's a lot of collateral damage going on, it's not the track, it's the drivers and I cant blame them for enjoying it. I don't have enough parts to be a casualty and we're better off waiting for the event to commence before getting caught up in the pre-event practice.

My camera is loving it though, well it is while I'm not raining sweat all over it.

h
Old 11-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Joe Kimble

Hi Blis, I have been enjoying reading your worlds blog! Thanks for writing!
Joe Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:58 PM   #40
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Put it this way, if you were a Drag racer and there was a chance the track could offer a World Record, you too would blow engines, transmissions and clutches trying.

I don't think it's a Record average speed as the track has many tight sections. BUt in terms of car performance, it's gotta be the fastest track in terms of grip, cornering, braking and acceleration.

Surikarn, Pim and the crew at Huge RC are the most dedicated hosts too. Event running like clockwork, there's everything you could want including pro shops with great pricing and friendly staff.. If there's an OS track I will return to, this is it!

Why am I up at 2:30 doing the keyboard warrior you ask? There's no point practicing when everyone's going nuts to get that utimate laptime and there's a lot of collateral damage going on, it's not the track, it's the drivers and I cant blame them for enjoying it. I don't have enough parts to be a casualty and we're better off waiting for the event to commence before getting caught up in the pre-event practice.

My camera is loving it though, well it is while I'm not raining sweat all over it.

h
Harry the only thing missing from your updates is the smell of nitro and the sound of screaming engines, fantastic updates. I look forward to each and every post, there's gotta be some sort of prize for this sort of reporting. Best of luck to all the boys from OZ.
M16 Racing Fuels
Mazda614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:42 AM   #41
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda614 View Post
Harry the only thing missing from your updates is the smell of nitro and the sound of screaming engines, fantastic updates. I look forward to each and every post, there's gotta be some sort of prize for this sort of reporting. Best of luck to all the boys from OZ.
Nah brother, I have spent too many Worlds at home wondering wtf is going on, it's what I like doing anyway.

I think REDRC is there now, so the updates will flow in a more global and organized manner. We have to get on with qualifying so it' heads down, bums up! So it's over to you and the awesome reporting, long live RedRC!

http://events.redrc.net/2014/11/bale...e-in-thailand/

I may give you all a silent tease of the last control practice sessions...

Who wants a look see?

Last edited by blis; 11-10-2014 at 05:52 AM.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:27 AM   #42
Tech Regular

Quote:
Nah brother, I have spent too many Worlds at home wondering wtf is going on, it's what I like doing anyway.

I think REDRC is there now, so the updates will flow in a more global and organized manner. We have to get on with qualifying so it' heads down, bums up! So it's over to you and the awesome reporting, long live RedRC!

http://events.redrc.net/2014/11/bale...e-in-thailand/

I may give you all a silent tease of the last control practice sessions...

Who wants a look see?
Thanks Harry for all the info to date yes a true champion you have filled the void somewhat and for a change already have half of red rc opening report but got the early mail ..pls don't stop your own blog as no others puts your personal touch I'm sure others are enjoying it and seems silly to me to stop after the work already done on it
Mate willing to give you a break on the vid let it all wait till you get home and relax put out your professional better than the pros do edition hell mate we don't need any gumbies its a world champs ffs
Old 11-10-2014, 08:27 AM   #43
Tech Adept

Quote:
I have to give credit to Michael Salven, he's been outstanding in support for ALL the Serpent drivers, I mean all the way down to the bottom of the list.

It's stinking hot and humid, he could be sitting comfortably in the A/C but he's out there in the garages sharing and caring for all those with the Speedy Snakes.

I will say the track is most unforgiving and I don't know at what point the parts will run out. Im not sure how robust they are, but I think the diffs are holding up where others arent. Lifting inside wheels with high speed corners and super grip is hard on them

Many are running 2.5 million fronts, if not spools. Rears are quite soft to allow for turn in because you are on power in corners, it's not power on, brake and power out, it's power on everywhere. The fronts are heavy to help scrub off the crazy turn in. If the chassis plate bottoms out, there's a black sticky goo stuck to it, like tar.

I think the grip has given many drivers a chance to really show how fast their cars can run, so they're rocket running to get that elusive position and as you can see, there's 1 second in over 50 drivers.

Ive never seen so many awesome drivers put their cars into the surround concrete barriers and box metal fence/railings. It's not like you slide off into a barrier, the cars bite, do quadruple twists mid air and slam!'

This isn't a small track, its hard to get a good picture to show how big it is. It's just insanely fast! The drivers stand EASILY fits over 15 drivers if that gives you an idea of the size.

2.5 million in the front...now that's crazy....it's probably been discussed already, but does anyone have the dimensions of this track...I thought a read that the straight is something like 70 meters...
KF01 - F1, Serpent Viper 977WC, Serpent Natrix 748
1FastVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:27 AM   #44
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Just wondering why they keep mentioning this as the 6th running of the 1:10 200mm World Championships. This is currently the 7th time they organized the race in which was first won by Mark Pavidis in 2002 which is also the last running of the 235mm class @ Hamilton, Ohio.
FREELANCE_RCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #45
Tech Elite

Location: Beneath a rock down by the river. Don't have money for van
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I read somewhere here that the Japanese Nationals happened to be on that weekend and Kyosho and Mugen were not participating the 2002 world championship. That leaves Serpent and AE the only brands that had race worthy 1/10th nitro TC's around that time.
It was also a test so it is not as important as the next nitro TC WC,see it like the 2009 1/10th Electric Off-road WC in South Africa.

Tags
1/10, 200mm, huge, ifmar, serpent