R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Wheel spinning problem (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/801267-wheel-spinning-problem.html)

moose01 03-19-2014 04:48 PM

Wheel spinning problem

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum so thanks in advance for your help.

I have a fairly new HRT Great Vigor BV1 chassis GV-HRT12-NITRO car and the problem is the wheels keep spinning at low idle. I can hold one wheel rear or front and stop it spinning ok but when I hold both front or both rear it stalls. If I lower the idle it stalls. All servos are functioning ok. Not sure how carby or radio gear was set as this is a pre-owned car in very good condition.

Don't think its clutch related but cannot be sure?

Any info would be great.

Cheers

Giant655 03-19-2014 05:08 PM

Classic clutch issues. Either some bearings are on the way our, or you have shoes dragging. Tear it apart, replace the bearings, springs, and shoes. Will be good as new

moose01 03-19-2014 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Giant655 (Post 13112532)
Classic clutch issues. Either some bearings are on the way our, or you have shoes dragging. Tear it apart, replace the bearings, springs, and shoes. Will be good as new

Thanks for the comment. I'm surprised it could be the clutch given the car is nearly new?

Giant655 03-19-2014 11:26 PM

You got it "like new". Odds are whoever owned it prior blew the clutch, had no clue how to diagnose/fix. So it got pawned off on you

kyosho malaysia 03-20-2014 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by moose01 (Post 13112483)

I have a fairly new HRT Great Vigor BV1 chassis GV-HRT12-NITRO car and the problem is the wheels keep spinning at low idle. I can hold one wheel rear or front and stop it spinning ok but when I hold both front or both rear it stalls. If I lower the idle it stalls. All servos are functioning ok. Not sure how carby or radio gear was set as this is a pre-owned car in very good condition.

Any info would be great.

Cheers

your clutch may engage too early

blis 03-20-2014 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by moose01 (Post 13112483)

Any info would be great.

Cheers

Seek out your nearest RC On road racing club and find out when they are having their next meeting and someone will either:

1) Confirm your clutch springs are loose and engaging
2) Tune your engine correctly so it idles lower
3) Examine your clutch and determine that bearings are binding

If you're in Australia, I'm in Brisbane and seeing you bought a Holden Racing Team, I guess you're an Aussie too.

fyrstormer 03-20-2014 11:51 AM

If you can't stop the wheels without stalling the engine, one or more clutch springs are broken. Fortunately, clutch springs are a standard size and they cost about a dollar apiece. 1.0mm springs are a good starting point; if the engine has to rev-up too much to engage the clutch, move down to 0.9mm springs; if you can't tune the engine for a stable idle without the clutch shoes constantly "ringing" the clutch bell (it will literally make a ringing sound), move up to 1.1mm springs. I like the springs that RB Products sells for use with their RB One buggy; they make all three thicknesses, so you don't have to worry about slight differences in spring-wire stiffness between different manufacturers.