Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro tires?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

yea the main tires we ran were 35 front and 37 38 rears. Ill have to try those hot race ones

I have heard using some weird things for traction coupons for nitro's Like sun tan lotion and such What you guys use
Old 03-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
If you not on a track you might wanna run harder shores just to save some rubber. If you need more traction just lotion them up or sauce them.
Try 40 shore
I never cease learning something new here…What do you mean by lotion or saucing the tire?
Old 03-17-2014, 04:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evo 13
I never cease learning something new here…What do you mean by lotion or saucing the tire?
it is a traction liquid,kind of like VHT for drag racing real cars.it softens/conditions the tires and some of the sauces make the tire stickier.many different companys to chose from.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I'll be the first to admit how much I hate the additives. I NEVER use them. The trend over the last 3 yrs is to use a traction additive to the tires for more traction. Their sold everywhere and legal at most races. Some use it as an easy fix.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
I'll be the first to admit how much I hate the additives. I NEVER use them. The trend over the last 3 yrs is to use a traction additive to the tires for more traction. Their sold everywhere and legal at most races. Some use it as an easy fix.
I am like you, I don't use traction additives when I have raced my foam tire nitro cars. I just do like the old days, use the practice time to determine what shore(s) I need to use during a racing event. That use to be part of the guessing game of racing, did you pick the right tires, right shock oil, right camber/caster, etc.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

how much do you notice the same compound over different manifactures of tires.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Paolo Matrix
DJ Matrix
Swager Matrix

Those seem like 3 good reasons to use Matrix.
Desoto racing has them in Stock

As for the misconception that sauce tires means there is no car setup well that's a very false idea.

A car that uses sauce takes even more setup because the car needs to work without it and with it sauce does not last a main so your car must work well off the sauce or when it is gone you'll be slow.

So unless you use it regularly you have no idea what it does or does not do.

I myself do sauce but I spend a ton of time setting my car up without it

My opinion is people have always done it going back years and years ago only now are others aware of it and following along balancing it out for everyone.