R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2014, 10:15 AM   #346
Tech Initiate
 
MeClown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Shenzhen/Hong Kong/Singapore
Posts: 42
Default

Thanks for the info. Have a great holiday season.

Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
No. "Pre-Run" means it has went thru the break-in process(still not 100% broken in may need 2-3 more tanks). All of the high-end Novarossi engines say "Tuned"


Pass you soon...
MeClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:09 AM   #347
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,125
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italboy View Post
Thank you Dan
I wondered why on the TQ they put in heavier diff oils - should be normal with the new diffs.
The new diffs need about double the diff oil weight than the old diffs to get the same feel. So if you ran 60K in the old rear diff then you'd now need 120-150K oil in the new diffs. Its just down to the new configuration and gear pattern of the new diff design.
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent 411 4.0 Eryx, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 01:12 AM   #348
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
The new diffs need about double the diff oil weight than the old diffs to get the same feel. So if you ran 60K in the old rear diff then you'd now need 120-150K oil in the new diffs. Its just down to the new configuration and gear pattern of the new diff design.
started with the build of the diff.. what I can say till now, just WoW. Superb material and fits together really nice and smooth.
Italboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:01 AM   #349
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,125
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italboy View Post
started with the build of the diff.. what I can say till now, just WoW. Superb material and fits together really nice and smooth.
Glad you are enjoying the build. Those new diffs are butter smooth aren't they!!
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent 411 4.0 Eryx, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:54 AM   #350
Tech Initiate
 
MeClown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Shenzhen/Hong Kong/Singapore
Posts: 42
Default Receiver on/off switch

Hey guys. I'm finished with the build but had mainly three questions.

1. Is there a special tool I need to adjust the clutch nut to tight or loosen the clutch slip?

2. Where do you guys put the on/off receiver switch? Or do u not use it.

3. Is there a better way to keep the lipo battery from sliding out the side where the belt is?

Thanks again.
Hope to pass you soon. Lol
MeClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 04:20 PM   #351
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 181
Default

And it goes on... Serpent Quality is impressing me more and more...
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent 748 200mm nitro onroad kit-image.jpg  
Italboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:55 PM   #352
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeClown View Post
Hey guys. I'm finished with the build but had mainly three questions.

1. Is there a special tool I need to adjust the clutch nut to tight or loosen the clutch slip?

2. Where do you guys put the on/off receiver switch? Or do u not use it.

3. Is there a better way to keep the lipo battery from sliding out the side where the belt is?

Thanks again.
Hope to pass you soon. Lol
1 Yb slow has the clutch tool
2 no switch just a pigtail direct plug in mounted like the 977
I just shrink wrapped mine and it doesnt move but made a cover out of 1x1 carbon fiber to cover battery from belt. Would put a pic but dont know how. Send me email and ill send pics
1fastmxcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 08:12 AM   #353
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,125
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeClown View Post
Hey guys. I'm finished with the build but had mainly three questions.

1. Is there a special tool I need to adjust the clutch nut to tight or loosen the clutch slip?

2. Where do you guys put the on/off receiver switch? Or do u not use it.

3. Is there a better way to keep the lipo battery from sliding out the side where the belt is?

Thanks again.
Hope to pass you soon. Lol
1. No not really but it's nice to have one. Hudy/Serpent/arrow max/Xceed all make them.

2. I Never use a switch on a nitro car!

3. The rx pack should be fine on the stock mount. As long as you tape it on securely. Some people use shrinkwrap but I've found pvc tape to be fine.
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent 411 4.0 Eryx, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 04:32 PM   #354
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italboy View Post
Start building the TQ...
A happy new year to Switcerland!!!

It's a great family of RC to be a part of, Im just waiting on Andrew to join as well!!! The support here comes from Sydney and our mad goats will keep us going for a while longer!

Dan, let alex know, I am still trying to get all the Serpent footage from the worlds, but there's so much footage, my PC crashes or hangs for a while and Ive wasted countless hours away from renovations and other things. Its my new year resolution to get it done by the end of January and will send off the vision as promised.
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 07:49 PM   #355
Tech Adept
 
OldfartWal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 151
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

On ya Harry.

Has anyone noticed the lack of clearance between the M3x10 set point screw & the 2 speed bell housing on the new TQ?

It sits a little proud, but looks like it may be OK when the shoes expand, I have thought about give the screw heads a slight linish just to make sure or am I being a little too an@l about it ?
OldfartWal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 12:00 AM   #356
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,125
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
A happy new year to Switcerland!!!

It's a great family of RC to be a part of, Im just waiting on Andrew to join as well!!! The support here comes from Sydney and our mad goats will keep us going for a while longer!

Dan, let alex know, I am still trying to get all the Serpent footage from the worlds, but there's so much footage, my PC crashes or hangs for a while and Ive wasted countless hours away from renovations and other things. Its my new year resolution to get it done by the end of January and will send off the vision as promised.
Hey Harry. Consider him told!! Hope to see you and Luke as part of the team soon!!
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent 411 4.0 Eryx, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 12:01 AM   #357
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,125
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldfartWal View Post
On ya Harry.

Has anyone noticed the lack of clearance between the M3x10 set point screw & the 2 speed bell housing on the new TQ?

It sits a little proud, but looks like it may be OK when the shoes expand, I have thought about give the screw heads a slight linish just to make sure or am I being a little too an@l about it ?
I don't use the set screws...
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent 411 4.0 Eryx, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 12:04 AM   #358
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,570
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
A happy new year to Switcerland!!!

It's a great family of RC to be a part of, Im just waiting on Andrew to join as well!!! The support here comes from Sydney and our mad goats will keep us going for a while longer!

Dan, let alex know, I am still trying to get all the Serpent footage from the worlds, but there's so much footage, my PC crashes or hangs for a while and Ive wasted countless hours away from renovations and other things. Its my new year resolution to get it done by the end of January and will send off the vision as promised.
Harry,

Sorry I will disappoint you on this one. It was a close call before I bought the Mugen late last year which has now moved on as well.

Andrew
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:50 AM   #359
Tech Adept
 
OldfartWal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 151
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
I don't use the set screws...
What do you use to keep the 2 shoes of the 2 speed clutch together?

The kit screws are just a little too wide in the head, they just peek out the side when the shoes aren't flared. I'm worried they'll rub on the face of the 2 speed clutch drum.
OldfartWal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 03:58 AM   #360
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldfartWal View Post
What do you use to keep the 2 shoes of the 2 speed clutch together?

The kit screws are just a little too wide in the head, they just peek out the side when the shoes aren't flared. I'm worried they'll rub on the face of the 2 speed clutch drum.
I didn't face this problem, maybe there were faulty screws in the kit?
You have to screw in totally and screw out 1.5 as basic setup.
Italboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:25 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0