R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-17-2014, 01:36 AM   #286
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,131
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiecrg View Post
What is the feedback on 748 regarding: easy to drive and set up, easy to work on?
Does the kit needs much upgrades to be competitive?
I am closing down on choosing a new kit and almost set on the Serpernt. Can any of you that run both give me the ups and downs regarding the Shepherd V10 Pro?

Thank you for help
Pedro
The 748 is a fantastic car. Competitive straight out of the box. There is no need to buy loads of upgrades like you would have to with other kits. I haven't found any real downs on mine. Loads of pluses! The shepherd is a good car as well but is a couple years out of date now.
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent 411 4.0 Eryx, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:30 PM   #287
Tech Champion
 
FastPete's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,202
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Great to hear, gonna upgrade from my 747 soon.
__________________
Authorized Dealer for /Agama / Tekno / Team Associated / Schelle / Hobbywing / PT Racing Shock & Diff oil / Serpent / Tekin / JConcepts / AKA / Proline / Savox / M2C / Picco / www.fiercercsolutions.com Like us on facebook www.facebook.com/FierceRCSolutions
FastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:57 AM   #288
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,131
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

We were given the new diffs (front and rear) as well as a new compact 2 speed gearbox to try at the worlds. Massive improvement over the previous units. The new diffs are lower volume and seal much better too. The diffs are about 5gr less weight (filled) over the stock 747 units each. Well worth waiting for...

The compact 2 speed is smaller fly weights and 2nd gear alu bell. The result is better and more consistent changes. I also noticed that the car would hold 2nd gear using the torque of the engine better while in high load fast sweepers rather than drop inconsistently back to 1st which unsettled the rear of the car.

We also had a new brass front forward lower suspension bracket (where the pivot pins are secured by the allen screw) which weighed 37grams that really helped in keeping the front end down in the crazy high grip at the worlds track. We also ended up putting lots of weight on the bumper as well (I had 35 grams in the end).

Team Serpent (and in particular Michael Salven) support at the worlds was really second to none. The man worked from dawn till dusk supporting all the Serpent drivers in supplying technical support, moral support as well as spares as required. This was far in excess of any manufacturer present at the event. Although Xray won with Alex Hagberg the 748 was very fast all week and to think it is just the beginning of the cars life is very exciting. I'm very happy!
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent 411 4.0 Eryx, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:53 AM   #289
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA,PHILIPPINES
Posts: 535
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

whats up guys! im back! hahaha
__________________
Serpent 748/Nova Virtus/Sanwa M12/Maxima/Savox Brushless/Xceed
GPXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:48 PM   #290
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,131
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPXJOE View Post
whats up guys! im back! hahaha
Welcome back! Like me, You've been too busy racing your 748....
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent 411 4.0 Eryx, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:34 PM   #291
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
We were given the new diffs (front and rear) as well as a new compact 2 speed gearbox to try at the worlds. Massive improvement over the previous units. The new diffs are lower volume and seal much better too. The diffs are about 5gr less weight (filled) over the stock 747 units each. Well worth waiting for...

The compact 2 speed is smaller fly weights and 2nd gear alu bell. The result is better and more consistent changes. I also noticed that the car would hold 2nd gear using the torque of the engine better while in high load fast sweepers rather than drop inconsistently back to 1st which unsettled the rear of the car.

We also had a new brass front forward lower suspension bracket (where the pivot pins are secured by the allen screw) which weighed 37grams that really helped in keeping the front end down in the crazy high grip at the worlds track. We also ended up putting lots of weight on the bumper as well (I had 35 grams in the end).

Team Serpent (and in particular Michael Salven) support at the worlds was really second to none. The man worked from dawn till dusk supporting all the Serpent drivers in supplying technical support, moral support as well as spares as required. This was far in excess of any manufacturer present at the event. Although Xray won with Alex Hagberg the 748 was very fast all week and to think it is just the beginning of the cars life is very exciting. I'm very happy!
So for those of us who recently purchased a 748...

1) when can we expect to purchase these upgrades (diff/2spd)
2) how much will this cost?

I heard there will be "reduced pricing," but what does that really mean when you just bought a brand new car?
__________________
V-one-RR Evo,V-one-RRR (WC hopped-up),2007 Evolva,
Spada 09,MR-02,MR-03
Inferno GT2. Serpent Cobra GT
KF01 - F1, Serpent Viper 977WC, Serpent Natrix 748
1FastVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:39 AM   #292
Tech Adept
 
THE FRIDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Woonona, NSW Australia
Posts: 245
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

hi guys
im looking at upgrading from my 747 to the new 748. are most parts the same or is every thing new?
cheers
__________________
Clint
Capricorn C03 - OS Speed - Highest - Sanwa - Xceed
Moorebank Raceway N.S.W Australia
THE FRIDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 03:18 AM   #293
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,131
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FRIDGE View Post
hi guys
im looking at upgrading from my 747 to the new 748. are most parts the same or is every thing new?
cheers
Most of the suspension components are the same. The current 748 kits come with 747 diffs. The gearbox is currently the same as well as shocks, towers (super shorts). The radio plate and installation is completely different as is the fuel tank. However most things that you'd break on the 747 are the same on the 748. Front steering blocks are also new on the 748.
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent 411 4.0 Eryx, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 01:33 PM   #294
Tech Fanatic
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
Most of the suspension components are the same. The current 748 kits come with 747 diffs. The gearbox is currently the same as well as shocks, towers (super shorts). The radio plate and installation is completely different as is the fuel tank. However most things that you'd break on the 747 are the same on the 748. Front steering blocks are also new on the 748.
Short shocks and low towers were not standard on the 747.
The 748 also comes with the for 747 optional front carbon bumper plate.
Rear alu bulkheads are the same from 747
Side and rear belts are different, front is the same.
Rear camber link bracket is new on 748
__________________
Team Serpent, Xceed, Sanwa, LRP
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 06:32 PM   #295
Tech Initiate
 
MeClown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Shenzhen/Hong Kong/Singapore
Posts: 42
Default Just got 748 and Novarossi Virtus

Hello Everyone.i am new ro 1/10 scale as I've been running 1/8 GT with my Kyosho.

Question. I just bought the 748 kit and a new novarossi Virtus. I will need to buy the bell housing the gears. Any suggestions which one to get and any recommendations on a good gear ratio to use on med size track. Thanks in advance

Michal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius View Post
Short shocks and low towers were not standard on the 747.
The 748 also comes with the for 747 optional front carbon bumper plate.
Rear alu bulkheads are the same from 747
Side and rear belts are different, front is the same.
Rear camber link bracket is new on 748
MeClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 06:57 PM   #296
Tech Initiate
 
MeClown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Shenzhen/Hong Kong/Singapore
Posts: 42
Default Part info

Hello Dan

Looks we are building the same car as I will also be using a NOVAROSSI Virtus. Can you please help me know the part numbers for the bell housing and the gearing. As I'm new to 1/10 scale. Thanks.

Michal
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
With full size tyres (62/60) carbon rim contacts its 1725gr. Novarossi Virtus, Sanwa SRG-BLS v2 servos, 1600 life pack (80gr), 25gr sliding weight and 2x 5gr serpent round weights under the 2speed shaft, my laps 2 wire transponder, Protoform VRS lightweight body (with protoform hard high downforce wing). Steel screws in chassis, alu screws in radio plate.
MeClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:13 PM   #297
Tech Adept
 
THE FRIDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Woonona, NSW Australia
Posts: 245
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
Most of the suspension components are the same. The current 748 kits come with 747 diffs. The gearbox is currently the same as well as shocks, towers (super shorts). The radio plate and installation is completely different as is the fuel tank. However most things that you'd break on the 747 are the same on the 748. Front steering blocks are also new on the 748.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius View Post
Short shocks and low towers were not standard on the 747.
The 748 also comes with the for 747 optional front carbon bumper plate.
Rear alu bulkheads are the same from 747
Side and rear belts are different, front is the same.
Rear camber link bracket is new on 748
Thanks guys for the advise
Happy racing
__________________
Clint
Capricorn C03 - OS Speed - Highest - Sanwa - Xceed
Moorebank Raceway N.S.W Australia
THE FRIDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:26 AM   #298
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,131
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeClown View Post
Hello Dan

Looks we are building the same car as I will also be using a NOVAROSSI Virtus. Can you please help me know the part numbers for the bell housing and the gearing. As I'm new to 1/10 scale. Thanks.

Michal
Hi, sorry I don't follow you. Bell housing/gearing? Everything you need comes in the kit with regards to clutch and 2sp. That's the only bell and gearing I can think of!
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent 411 4.0 Eryx, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 12:20 PM   #299
Tech Initiate
 
MeClown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Shenzhen/Hong Kong/Singapore
Posts: 42
Default Running Kit

Thank for the quick reply. So meaning that once the kit is assembled, and motor and electronics installed I'll be ready to roll? Just want to make sure I get everything so it all arrives on time.
Regarding gearing and clutch setup. Which is your preferred?
I'll be running the same motor as you. Thanks again for all the help. Michal
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
Hi, sorry I don't follow you. Bell housing/gearing? Everything you need comes in the kit with regards to clutch and 2sp. That's the only bell and gearing I can think of!
MeClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #300
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
Just got back from the worlds and my 748 performed fantastically well. Together with the unparalleled support from Michael Salven himself it was a great race for Team Serpent. It was a shame that Greiner didn't win the WC. He was certainly quick enough and put in the fastest lap of the final but a couple of unfortunate engine cuts cost him the win. The car was quick and consistent all week on the ever changing surface.

Serpent have definitely got the 748 right!!
+1000
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:55 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0