R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2014, 09:16 PM   #16
Tech Master
 
TeamCarnage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Highland In. USA
Posts: 1,466
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastPete View Post
So much for sharing setups
Staying with your K-car? I still feel comfortable with the 747. It was a nice build and I'm still looking forward to getting it set up so it feels good to me. I'm only worried about spares running out too soon. If the Natrix comes out in May as mentioned, it'll be a little while til the Pros work out the tuning details. Then I'll think about changing cars again and the 749 will be coming out..
__________________
Nick Altieri
TeamNitro RC Club, New Home track- Ho Chunk Southland Expo, Lynwood IL
Serpent 748 Natrix TQ, PICCO EMX-WC or "R", Spektrum DX4RPro, Futaba servos
411,3.0 17.5 TC; 3.5 Mod Sedan HobbyWing
Please drive responsibly
TeamCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:45 PM   #17
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,123
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

I reckon a release in May with it available in shops late June judging by Serpents recent release timeline with the off road cars.

I think it'll be closer to the 977 in design retaining the sl6 gearbox and true motion clutch and super short RCM shocks. It'll have all new roll centres and internal ratio as already discussed. I also hope they'll put the low friction belts as standard as per the 977 as well!
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent 411 4.0 Eryx, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:47 PM   #18
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,123
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
Battery location would be a welcomed change. Maybe it will look like is big brother the 977?
Where else could the battery go?? What's wrong with the current location? Fairly standard place on all cars no?

Agreed on it taking many design cues from the WC winning 977
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent 411 4.0 Eryx, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:37 PM   #19
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,619
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Under the tank
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
VP Powermaster
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:14 AM   #20
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,123
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
Under the tank
Then you'd need to raise up the radio tray which would rise the COG? We would also loose the tuning ability of the sliding weight which is a very good feature.
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent 411 4.0 Eryx, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:32 AM   #21
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,111
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCarnage View Post
Staying with your K-car? I still feel comfortable with the 747. It was a nice build and I'm still looking forward to getting it set up so it feels good to me. I'm only worried about spares running out too soon. If the Natrix comes out in May as mentioned, it'll be a little while til the Pros work out the tuning details. Then I'll think about changing cars again and the 749 will be coming out..
Im with you. Just made the purchase, coming from nt1 that changes their car every year. Just couldnt keep up. The 747 has proven itself since its debut, especially the 13 season. Im sure I will be happy with it, at least till the bugs are worked out of the new car.
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:41 AM   #22
Tech Regular
 
JJBinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toledo, ohio
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
I reckon a release in May with it available in shops late June judging by Serpents recent release timeline with the off road cars.

I think it'll be closer to the 977 in design retaining the sl6 gearbox and true motion clutch and super short RCM shocks. It'll have all new roll centres and internal ratio as already discussed. I also hope they'll put the low friction belts as standard as per the 977 as well!

I have heard they are releasing in late April.

I was planing to get all the lower shocks for the 747. It would be great if they were in the new kit and I could just get that!
__________________
Jon Strausbaugh
2016 Great Lakes Challenge Race Director
Great Lakes Challenge Coordinator - One Eighth Racers
www.ToledoOneEighthRacers.com
Serpent Natrix 748, Revenge .12, Desoto Racing, Futaba
JJBinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:05 AM   #23
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 11
Default

I hope the 747 can be updated to the new car.
S720 --> S737 = all new car with allmost no shared parts
S737 --> S747 = new car with some shared parts
S747 --> .... all new car?

I like the serpent cars but I would like smaller changes so you can update a car.
hendrikcls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:52 AM   #24
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,619
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
Then you'd need to raise up the radio tray which would rise the COG? We would also loose the tuning ability of the sliding weight which is a very good feature.
Placing the battery under the tank does not require raising the radio tray. A tank designed around the battery. As for the sliding weight. I agree it was a nice tuning aid. But who's to say it makes it to the new design? All we can do is speculate until the car is seen.
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
VP Powermaster
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:11 PM   #25
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,123
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
Placing the battery under the tank does not require raising the radio tray. A tank designed around the battery. As for the sliding weight. I agree it was a nice tuning aid. But who's to say it makes it to the new design? All we can do is speculate until the car is seen.
If you mould a tank around a battery you tend to get consistency problems with the engine tune. Serpent did it a couple times over the years on the 1/8th cars like the veteq. It was an absolute nightmare! Absolutely right though it's all speculation and horses for courses at the end of the day!
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent 411 4.0 Eryx, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:12 PM   #26
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,123
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE SI View Post
Im with you. Just made the purchase, coming from nt1 that changes their car every year. Just couldnt keep up. The 747 has proven itself since its debut, especially the 13 season. Im sure I will be happy with it, at least till the bugs are worked out of the new car.
I'm sure the 747 will remain competitive this year. I doubt you've got anything to worry about
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent 411 4.0 Eryx, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:17 PM   #27
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,619
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

The vibration issues in the Veteq were more from the chassis design especially in the V1 car with the 2pc chassis. Trust me I've run Serpent since 1997.
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
VP Powermaster
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:59 PM   #28
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,111
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
I'm sure the 747 will remain competitive this year. I doubt you've got anything to worry about
When I say couldn't keep up, I mean with the car changing. Theres 2 guys that I know for sure made the switch from xray and they're happy they did. They went faster, and 1 guy went ALOT faster, more than a lap at his home track.
Otherwise I have absolutely nothing negative to say about xray.
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:16 PM   #29
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,619
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

A thing that's really good about serpent is they usually carry parts for at least 3yrs after the car is replaced with a new model. So parts availability for the 747 shouldn't be a problem.
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
VP Powermaster
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:18 PM   #30
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,619
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Ok. The battery will NOT be under the tank. I was just informed.
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
VP Powermaster
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:42 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0