R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-14-2002, 07:43 AM   #16
Tech Regular

I did the Tank mod, before I even ran the car. The vent in stock location is not the greatest but guess it works in the dirt. But Run stock pipe and no problems. No tuning Issues. Holds Setting just fine. I have two Engines I run. O.S. TR for local Club races and Smeltz MT for the races where i need more speed. Hense the Smeltz is much faster. We also have a open Nitro class for clubs, We run Lola's The Exhaust would not fit anyway. But still dont see a need for it. No one in my area has had a problem with the rear exhaust setup.
2Fast4U2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 08:50 AM   #17
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Originally posted by bbntc3
Thats wild boomer ! I also know a few people who have no troubles. I can't figure out why some have troubles and some do not. I ran an RB x12 with minium troubles and when I installed the Richey the troubles got alot worse. You guys must be the chosen few!! Good luckracing! BB
Thanks man! I consider myself lucky - I actually started with the tank mod and things were flukey! Went back to stock and I finished races! (Well, when I paid attention to my pit man and actually came in to pit on time. . .)

I am going to have to do the shock tower mod, though, they are finally starting to get a bit wobbley. . .

So, how much extra body do you have to cut out for the rear exhaust?
RC10L2.5W - RC12.4 - RCNTC3(bmi) - TC4 (modded) - B44.2 - plus rent-a-rides! :D
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 09:40 AM   #18
Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

By using the MIP Stinger system I have not had to mod any bodies, it fits right underneath the body with no troubles. You have to notch the rear bottom of the car for the exhaust outlet. I had no real pipe troubles either other than some high speed leaning troubles before I moved the pressure fitting. The most troubles I had was with the tank even after the mods. I chose to change to the mugen and serpent tank suspended and all the air bubbles and tuning troubles were over, then I started finishing races! Anybody know whos' making those delrin ring and pinions? I have stripped a few pinions and melted a couple ring gears, the delrin sould work much better. BB
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote