Originally Posted by Mikiehotrod
never found a clear answer on why some people prefer little to none and some like a lot. does it have to do with the track being smooth or bumpy,and I understand it is up to the driver but I am looking for more info. I watched a nice video of DJ Aprilla (Capricorn Driver) build a set of shocks with like 1MM
of rebound.thanks ,always trying to learn more,mike.
Rebound is something wich i don`t like personally because:
- much rebound needs a leakfree build of the shocks wich is hard and will give more shaftmovement resistance (not so smooth),
- it will give a diminishing effect on the spring/arm stiffness because of leaking.
- chance of left right unequalness (tweak) in the car,
- more hassle on handling issues.(checking the rebound left right),
- effect for me personally is small and messes with the spring choice.
smooth or bumpy is droopwise changes with springs.
high traction: keep the car low
low traction :let it roll more.
Just my way/opinion