R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #136
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,670
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProE View Post
Do you guys have any tips to free up the drivetrain on this car. Or lighten drivetrain parts. I'm looking for better acceleration out of the corners. (Besides changing gearing)
ProE has most of it covered, although would change over to the rubber belts and would go Capricorn Kevlar pullies over the alloy ones.
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:25 PM   #137
Tech Adept
 
ProE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: South Africa
Posts: 236
Send a message via MSN to ProE Send a message via Skype™ to ProE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
ProE has most of it covered, although would change over to the rubber belts and would go Capricorn Kevlar pullies over the alloy ones.

Thanks for the info.

Are the capricorn pullies a perfect fit or do I need to modify something for them to fit?
Do you know if the size of the pulley are exactly the same? should I look at the pulleys for the co2/3 kit?
ProE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:30 AM   #138
Tech Rookie
 
horchata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProE View Post
Thanks for the info.

Are the capricorn pullies a perfect fit or do I need to modify something for them to fit?
Do you know if the size of the pulley are exactly the same? should I look at the pulleys for the co2/3 kit?
no need to modify anything to put pulleys capricorn, just make sure when you buy them with the same number of teeth.
horchata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 02:01 AM   #139
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,670
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

ProE:

As Horchata has said they are a direct fit apart from the brake pulley. You will have to stick to the Xray one for that. All the teeth count are the same as Xray. C01,C02 or C03 shouldn't make any difference. Even the Capricorn diffs will fit in the Xray too.
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:31 AM   #140
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,121
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Is there any really noticeable difference when running the monoblock engine mount and the brass motor mount?
I drove my (new to me 13) for the first time this past sunday just to get a feel for it. My last xray was a 2012 and ran a 747 this past season. I have absolutely no bad things to say about the 747, but xray just is a better fit for my driving.
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 02:44 AM   #141
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,670
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Need some setup help guru's!

I am need of some setup advice...

My brother and I are both running the Xray NT1 2014 at England Park in Brisbane. This last meet in particular the grip was higher and we both had a few issues. The club has recently been sugar coating the track, but it is still quite bumpy. We normally run 37 shore front and rear trued to 60/62mm. We both had some traction roll on two particular corners that have a little more lean on the car.

Setup:

standard 2014 shock oil, pistons and springs. We are running inside hole on the shock tower with no rear sway bar.

Am wondering if we need to add the sway bar now or try a harder shore foam tyre front and rear or drop ride height?

Look forward to your thoughts and feedback.

Thanks
Andrew
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:09 PM   #142
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
I am need of some setup advice...

My brother and I are both running the Xray NT1 2014 at England Park in Brisbane. This last meet in particular the grip was higher and we both had a few issues. The club has recently been sugar coating the track, but it is still quite bumpy. We normally run 37 shore front and rear trued to 60/62mm. We both had some traction roll on two particular corners that have a little more lean on the car.

Setup:

standard 2014 shock oil, pistons and springs. We are running inside hole on the shock tower with no rear sway bar.

Am wondering if we need to add the sway bar now or try a harder shore foam tyre front and rear or drop ride height?

Look forward to your thoughts and feedback.

Thanks
Andrew
Hey Andy

If the track is in hight traction condition I would make the car harder. For example, 1 or 2 hole in front (600), 2 in the rear (700). xray pinks all around. I would also suggest to put sway bar in the rear. You can begin with the standard one. Tyre shore hardness front 37/ 40 rear.

Regards
Rob
Italboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 03:51 PM   #143
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,670
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italboy View Post
Hey Andy

If the track is in hight traction condition I would make the car harder. For example, 1 or 2 hole in front (600), 2 in the rear (700). xray pinks all around. I would also suggest to put sway bar in the rear. You can begin with the standard one. Tyre shore hardness front 37/ 40 rear.

Regards
Rob
Hi Rob

Thank you, I think the new shocks on the 2014 have a 3 hole piston front and rear with a 1.1mm hole. I think you get pistons with 1mm and 1.2mm holes in a 2 hole and 3 hole piston as well. Would you think changing to 2 hole piston in the front and going to thicker rear shock oil would be the go?

Thanks
Andy
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:12 PM   #144
Tech Fanatic
 
bigtez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North BrisVegas QLD
Posts: 827
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Personally I would start by going to harder tyres and reducing the amount of roll while cornering, starting with stiffer sway bars and raising roll centres. Increasing the damping of the shocks will give you a bunch of other issues given the state of the track at the moment.
__________________
Terry Langham
www.qrccra.org.au
bigtez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:48 PM   #145
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,670
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtez View Post
Personally I would start by going to harder tyres and reducing the amount of roll while cornering, starting with stiffer sway bars and raising roll centres. Increasing the damping of the shocks will give you a bunch of other issues given the state of the track at the moment.
Terry,

Thanks, I have tried 37fronts/40rears and balance just wasn't right, so will try some other options. It has only been this last meet that i have had issues and I would say it was from the extra entries in IC meet from the weekend before.

Andrew
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:16 PM   #146
Tech Master
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NOR-CAL
Posts: 1,227
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
I am need of some setup advice...

My brother and I are both running the Xray NT1 2014 at England Park in Brisbane. This last meet in particular the grip was higher and we both had a few issues. The club has recently been sugar coating the track, but it is still quite bumpy. We normally run 37 shore front and rear trued to 60/62mm. We both had some traction roll on two particular corners that have a little more lean on the car.

Setup:

standard 2014 shock oil, pistons and springs. We are running inside hole on the shock tower with no rear sway bar.

Am wondering if we need to add the sway bar now or try a harder shore foam tyre front and rear or drop ride height?

Look forward to your thoughts and feedback.

Thanks
Andrew

I had a traction rolling issue once, I talked to Mike Swagger and he suggested less caster(move upper arms forward). I haven't had anymore traction rolling issues and have been running my fastest times since making the change.

You could also just ca glue the front side walls, quick easy fix that's worked for me in the past...
__________________
Mugen Racing USA, Sweep Racing Tires, R1 Wurks, Protoform, Speedworld Raceway...

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:49 PM   #147
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,670
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
I had a traction rolling issue once, I talked to Mike Swagger and he suggested less caster(move upper arms forward). I haven't had anymore traction rolling issues and have been running my fastest times since making the change.

You could also just ca glue the front side walls, quick easy fix that's worked for me in the past...
Scott B:

Thanks, I would have thought the CA glue on the sidewall would have been more to stop chunking the tire?

Andrew
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:03 PM   #148
Tech Master
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NOR-CAL
Posts: 1,227
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Scott B:

Thanks, I would have thought the CA glue on the sidewall would have been more to stop chunking the tire?

Andrew
It does that too...
__________________
Mugen Racing USA, Sweep Racing Tires, R1 Wurks, Protoform, Speedworld Raceway...

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:08 PM   #149
Tech Regular
 
NITTO550's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philadelphia P.A.
Posts: 437
Default

Less caster works great, you can also raise the upper front arms, turn down dual rate a few notches wider track width and most importantly, ride height
__________________
There are only two ways to do things. The wrong way or my way!
Rich D..
~Mugen Seiki Racing MTX-6 ~,
Novarossi racing Engines ~Ko Propo, ~Avid Bearings..
VBC Racing Wildfire D07 ~LRP Electronics ~ Fantom Racing
NITTO550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:29 PM   #150
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,670
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITTO550 View Post
Less caster works great, you can also raise the upper front arms, turn down dual rate a few notches wider track width and most importantly, ride height
Thank you, I can adjust caster however the top front arms are all the way up already.

I would to perfect the ride height a little better as rear does sit up more then the front for my liking.
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:49 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net