R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-04-2014, 09:07 AM   #76
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by helivaguy View Post
GTv2( now team c)
That is not correct. It was always a TeamC car, just had the Ofna name on it. And the TeamC GT8 is quite successful. The Ofna GT-V2 is the only flop.
Highly modded Revo
Airtronics MT-4 w/ Radiopost servo's
RoketRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:56 AM   #77
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_jerry View Post
Why not wait for the results of the Airtronics race this coming weekend ?? The demise of the GTv2 is a result of the lack of 'kickup' for the new ROAR rules. The TeamC/GTv2 really turned well. I'm afraid that since the new Sabre X3 GT is advertising 10 and 12 degree caster options coming up, Kyosho may be in more trouble on the track.

An awful lot of racers are going to get the 'upclose and personal' view of OFNA's new GT weapon !!
I believe the 10 and 12 degree is in addition to the kickup in the chassis, which is likely another 8 - 10 degrees -- probably looking at a caster range of 18 - 22 degrees total. You'd need to have an option 0/2/4 degree range caster block choice to get an aggressive caster angle like the flat cars can achieve.

I hope someone in the know at Ofna can answer my questions in my earlier post about how the GT car is optioned.
Gary NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:45 AM   #78
Tech Regular

Default yikes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary NJ View Post
I believe the 10 and 12 degree is in addition to the kickup in the chassis, which is likely another 8 - 10 degrees -- probably looking at a caster range of 18 - 22 degrees total. You'd need to have an option 0/2/4 degree range caster block choice to get an aggressive caster angle like the flat cars can achieve.

I hope someone in the know at Ofna can answer my questions in my earlier post about how the GT car is optioned.
If the new X3 GT does not improve on the caster angle by having the '10-12 degree' result.......then that car will mathematically be in a worse position than the Kyosho with it's '17 degree caster'. A resulting X3 18-22 degree is no caster 'advantage'.
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:18 PM   #79
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)

Before we mathematically down the car, let's get it on the track first. I race a Team C GT great car. I added this just because it's new and price is pretty good, considering other GT.
Mercenary Racer
jmoneym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:45 PM   #80
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 175 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoneym View Post
Before we mathematically down the car, let's get it on the track first. I race a Team C GT great car. I added this just because it's new and price is pretty good, considering other GT.
This weekend is the 2014 Airtronics GP and also the biggest turn out for GT Class in SoCal we have 3 full heat of 1/8 GT Class, First Test for X3 GT in big events...let see how it goes...
pinoy69racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #81
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by helivaguy View Post
I don't understand .. after the failed and discontinued GTv2( now team c) they take the x3 buggy (which was another flop)and add a 2 speed tranny then push it off as another GT racer?
And expect you to buy all the upgrades?
I will pass on this and keep my trusty igt and dm-1.

You have that backwards, the V2 is just a rebranded TeamC long car which has been around since the beginning. It is not made by OFNA nor or any of the parts.

Also the "flat chassis" rule is not going to be an issue for 2015, I had discussions with a representative in homestead that , funny as it may be, had no idea what that even meant! after i explained it to him he laughed and said "that makes no sense, it will change" as will other requirements in the rules.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:06 PM   #82
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

[QUOTE=First Test for X3 GT in big events...let see how it goes...[/QUOTE]

Hope that shake down goes well.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:11 PM   #83
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

X3 Gt suspension parts are based off the X3, the 2.0 parts really are not on the Gt because those parts were designed for off road like the front bumper and rear body mount.

So th Gt is right now an rtr roller that can be upgraded from some of the buggy pro parts but not all, things that can be upgraded are

Front hinge holder FF
Front rearvside hinge holder FR
Rear Toe plate and Rear front holder but the end tabs would need to be grinded off if you wanted it to fit, not sure if the will be a specialy made one later.

Plastic inserts for the holders
upper chassis brace holder for the rear
Rear suspension CVD's, but no centers at this time.
Aluminum caster blocks
Aluminum rear uprights
You can get steel brakes disc and pads
lightweight outer wheel hubs
low pro engine mounts for non pull start engines

Are the shocks V2?? Yes and no- The fronts are new lower shock bodies but the rear shocks are from the front of the buggy

Will a pro appear???? Maybe later but for now it is these models, electrics are on the way, this e version will be the new speed car
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:15 PM   #84
Tech Elite

We have less caster on the GT vs. the buggy as we have a very small amount of front kick-up on the chassis so we can go down to 14 up to 18 on caster.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:34 AM   #85
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by -R2- View Post
We have less caster on the GT vs. the buggy as we have a very small amount of front kick-up on the chassis so we can go down to 14 up to 18 on caster.
Kick-up is Kick up! Lets go racin!
TerribleTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:25 AM   #86
Tech Champion

That's a great looking car..

I would like my DM-1 a LOT more if it didn't have that stupid-axx clutch-bell on it.. Is this going to have one that actually uses grown-up CB bearings instead of those stupid little ones?...
-LST2 #1 with Losi 454 & LST2 #2 with Dynamite Big Red .28
-Ofna DM-1 with silver Mach 427/2047
-TT MT4 G3
Herrsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:43 AM   #87
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by -R2- View Post
X3 Gt suspension parts are based off the X3, the 2.0 parts really are not on the Gt because those parts were designed for off road like the front bumper and rear body mount.

So th Gt is right now an rtr roller that can be upgraded from some of the buggy pro parts but not all, things that can be upgraded are

Front hinge holder FF
Front rearvside hinge holder FR
Rear Toe plate and Rear front holder but the end tabs would need to be grinded off if you wanted it to fit, not sure if the will be a specialy made one later.

Plastic inserts for the holders
upper chassis brace holder for the rear
Rear suspension CVD's, but no centers at this time.
Aluminum caster blocks
Aluminum rear uprights
You can get steel brakes disc and pads
lightweight outer wheel hubs
low pro engine mounts for non pull start engines

Are the shocks V2?? Yes and no- The fronts are new lower shock bodies but the rear shocks are from the front of the buggy

Will a pro appear???? Maybe later but for now it is these models, electrics are on the way, this e version will be the new speed car
Hello.

Im new fellow on this forum, but this X3-GT discussion made me interested.

Just one question:
Is it so that X3-GT-e is not available in US yet? Because i know it is available in Finland, althought we dont have any on storage, but there is electric allready.

Sincerly.
Jarno
Rc_Navetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #88
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post

I would like my DM-1 a LOT more if it didn't have that stupid-axx clutch-bell on it.. Is this going to have one that actually uses grown-up CB bearings instead of those stupid little ones?...
Yes it still has the small clutch bell set-up, but I did not have an issue when I started putting 2 of the 5x8's instead of one, the thing I made sure of is when setting the bell to the spurs the 5x8's need to set dead center with the spur for maximum support. I can't say you have chassis flex in your car to tweak it out because I had my chassis cut out more to lighten it so mine flexed a lot, even my radio tray was half on because I was using a Jamming tray that did not line up correctly.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:45 AM   #89
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post

The only time I had problems with those bearing was when we ran a 3hr Enduro, and I didnt change them before the race. I just have problems blowing 2nd spur gear.

TomAHawk Racing - On-Time Services - XRay Racing - Sweep Racing - RoseCityScaleRacing.com - Timezone Racing,
9th Annual Timezone Grand Prix July 13th-16th 2017!
T-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:01 AM   #90
Tech Champion

Well I'm in Germany, so 1.) the stupid things aren't available here. And aren't all that easy to find in the US either - at least with sensible shipping prices.. (nitrohouse.. ) Or, you can only find the bell and one pinion at one shop, but the second pinion somewhere else, etc..

2.) When it does come time to change them, they often won't come out without mangling up the inside of the bell..

3.) They're expensive.

I've fried plastic spurs pretty regularly, and it was almost certainly down to the stupid CB design.. I know how to mesh, shim CB's, etc..
-LST2 #1 with Losi 454 & LST2 #2 with Dynamite Big Red .28
-Ofna DM-1 with silver Mach 427/2047
-TT MT4 G3
Herrsavage is offline   Reply With Quote