Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
OFNA X3 GT SERIES >

OFNA X3 GT SERIES

OFNA X3 GT SERIES

Old 04-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

can't wait to see the finished product…

quick question for u bud…it's a stupid question…but somehow on the ofna site…they didn't specify the wheel base…i'm assuming that cos its a GT…it's the 330mm wheel base?…

and…what site did u order the body from?…how much? i wanted to order some parts but can't seem to find the parts…

i wanted to find the specs on the shocks…but can't seem to find any numbers…it says it's a 16mm big bore…but wanted to know the eye to eye length and stuff like that…if it's 16mm it should be bigger than the revo…and was wondering if these shocks can be a replacement for the revo…

also the wheels and tires…are they belted?…

can someone who owns one give us some measurements?

Originally Posted by humayraykinaon
got my X3 body today, just need to paint it.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by IvVaum
can't wait to see the finished product…

quick question for u bud…it's a stupid question…but somehow on the ofna site…they didn't specify the wheel base…i'm assuming that cos its a GT…it's the 330mm wheel base?…

and…what site did u order the body from?…how much? i wanted to order some parts but can't seem to find the parts…

i wanted to find the specs on the shocks…but can't seem to find any numbers…it says it's a 16mm big bore…but wanted to know the eye to eye length and stuff like that…if it's 16mm it should be bigger than the revo…and was wondering if these shocks can be a replacement for the revo…

also the wheels and tires…are they belted?…

can someone who owns one give us some measurements?
-R2- might be able to tell you more about the suspension spec and tires. yes the body is 325-330mm WB. I bought it from Nitrohouse.com, get them while it last.

Last edited by humayraykinaon; 04-05-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

While don't know the answers to most of your questions on the chassis I can help you out with tires.

The tires in this picture are Sweep Racing Tires and are belted. You can get them from https://www.sweepracingusa.com. Feel free to pm me if you have more questions on the tires or jump on over to the thread.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

yeah, the tires I have on now are belted,.... I just assume your talking about the stock tires.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

yeah i'm asking stock tires…

sweeps are spendy…i do have a set…but was just wondering if they're inexpensive so that we could use them for just bashing around and stuff like that…

sweeps are way too spendy for just parking lot driving...
Old 04-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

ok…was just on nitrohouse…no x3 gt parts…just the kit…flywheel and body…what about the other parts…wheels…shocks…etc…???

oh another question…is the whale tail just cut from the regular lexan body?…or is it a real tail like the xo-1?

thanks guys.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

If anyone looking for one.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...fna-x3-gt.html
Old 04-08-2014, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yeah i'm asking stock tires…

sweeps are spendy…i do have a set…but was just wondering if they're inexpensive so that we could use them for just bashing around and stuff like that…

sweeps are way too spendy for just parking lot driving...
Sweeps last forever. There probably isn't another tire out there that lasts as long. I use them for practice and have a set that have been on the car for about half a gallon and they are still intact and have plenty of grip. Their price in on par with everyone else in the market so you get way more bang for the buck. They don't have the grip or turn-in that Alpha's do but they last a lot longer.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Do you guys have to use tire traction compound before racing or playing ?
Old 04-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

GT8 tires are rubber so no need for saucing. Although I have heard of some folks doing it. Usually only takes a couple of laps to heat the tires and get grip.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RoketRdr
Sweeps last forever. There probably isn't another tire out there that lasts as long. I use them for practice and have a set that have been on the car for about half a gallon and they are still intact and have plenty of grip. Their price in on par with everyone else in the market so you get way more bang for the buck. They don't have the grip or turn-in that Alpha's do but they last a lot longer.
lasts forever eh?...if u say so...i have a set...and umm...yeah...they wear out just like any other set of rubber...

for bashing i have some cheap rubber from ebay that Humay suggested a while back...they work great...wish i had the link but it's been a while...
Old 04-08-2014, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by asw7576
Do you guys have to use tire traction compound before racing or playing ?
Depending on track conditions and the type of track prep that is laid down. I've used sauce numerous times it all depends on the surface. Its worth giving a shot if you are out on a nice test day
Old 04-08-2014, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

lasts forever eh?...if u say so...i have a set...and umm...yeah...they wear out just like any other set of rubber...

for bashing i have some cheap rubber from ebay that Humay suggested a while back...they work great...wish i had the link but it's been a while...
If you treat you car like a drifter, expect about 10 minutes (Jacko) but we have used one set for a 3 hour enduro.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
If you treat you car like a drifter, expect about 10 minutes (Jacko) but we have used one set for a 3 hour enduro.
alright titto…and who the heck does 3 hour enduros?…why?
Old 04-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
Car setup plays a huge factor in this also, too much chamber will eat any tire

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.