R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #151
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aught-Six View Post
Steve your car looked good all weekend. I think this new X3 will be a great addition to the GT class. I know I'm going to give that body a try as soon as it's available

Marv

Thanks the car was great very easy to drive. No problem at all, even the body hardly got scratch.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:13 PM   #152
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR Graphite View Post
Thanks man! Didn't have that much time with the car and I have not race on road for a couple of years but the X3 handle great. I qualify 6th in the A but finish 3rd over all with RTR Force .28 that I pull out of my Ultra GT about 4 years ago. I just try to stay consistence and out of the way of the fast guys with the big motors and off the boards.
You did a great job all weekend .....

Always nice to put a face with an avatar.

Glad I was able to help with tires .......

Mark
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:20 AM   #153
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We have so many Gt editions being made that the body won't be out for a awhile, the only way you get a body soon will only be in a car kit.

X3 kits that will come

X3 nitro rtr and 80% roller, and a pro later down the line
X3 electric rtr and 80% roller also with a pro later down the line

So bodies are dedicated to the kits, the rtr's will have painted ones and the 80's will be clear.
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #154
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Hello,

Any info on transmission side ? :

- # of teeth on diff crowns and pinion ?
- 1st and 2nd speed spur stock numbers, and optionals available ?
- 1st and 2nd speed pinion options and stock numbers ?

I just came from Copa del Pacifico race in Peru, was not to race on GT but ended going with a 100% stock DM1S ... qualified in 2nd place but on A-Main my 2 speed box got screwed and had to abandon ... put the 2nd fastest lap on the race anyway. 15.6 track record and my best one was 15.9.

regards

Pato

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:55 AM   #155
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The new car looked very impressive this weekend and Kaplan was on the pole with some very fast laps. A small bit of bad luck stopped him from having a close main with Andy. Congrats to Andy on the win and I'm sure we'll be seeing the new Ofna on podiums in the future.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:00 PM   #156
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -R2- View Post
We have so many Gt editions being made that the body won't be out for a awhile, the only way you get a body soon will only be in a car kit.

X3 kits that will come

X3 nitro rtr and 80% roller, and a pro later down the line
X3 electric rtr and 80% roller also with a pro later down the line

So bodies are dedicated to the kits, the rtr's will have painted ones and the 80's will be clear.
bummer, I guess I have no choice but to buy the 80% kit. I don't race but I'd like to have one for speed runs.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:03 AM   #157
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

Besides motor and electronics, what are the differences between the 80% roller and the RTR? With the Pro coming on later I'm guessing not too many option parts at this point. I've got a friend that's been pushing me into the GT class for the last year. The X3 looks like a decent way to go, as I really don't want to go the Serpent route just yet...
Old 03-12-2014, 08:10 AM   #158
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenzalii View Post
Besides motor and electronics, what are the differences between the 80% roller and the RTR? With the Pro coming on later I'm guessing not too many option parts at this point. I've got a friend that's been pushing me into the GT class for the last year. The X3 looks like a decent way to go, as I really don't want to go the Serpent route just yet...
I asked that question a page back. Didn't get answer. Maybe they don't even know?!?!? Lol
66 Box Nova all motor LSX
1966ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:53 AM   #159
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966ss View Post
I asked that question a page back. Didn't get answer. Maybe they don't even know?!?!? Lol
Still a very new kit give em some time. I got to see 2 of them this last weekend and I was impressed. Its not the carbon fiber fancy Serpent but more of what the typical GT racer would eat up. Looked pretty rugged and simple yet effective. I look forward to seeing this tee of with the team c, Serpent and the Kyosho for a battle of chassis!

For those looking at this chassis go for it. This is going to be a great chassis that will bring more interest and ultimately build the GT class even more. Welcoming in the X3 with wide open arms!
TerribleTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #160
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 175 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleTy View Post
Still a very new kit give em some time. I got to see 2 of them this last weekend and I was impressed. Its not the carbon fiber fancy Serpent but more of what the typical GT racer would eat up. Looked pretty rugged and simple yet effective. I look forward to seeing this tee of with the team c, Serpent and the Kyosho for a battle of chassis!

For those looking at this chassis go for it. This is going to be a great chassis that will bring more interest and ultimately build the GT class even more. Welcoming in the X3 with wide open arms!
+1
pinoy69racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:31 PM   #161
Tech Elite

A pro would be full on CVD's, aluminum braces,aluminum upper rear brace mount,rear aluminum hubs,front aluminum caster blocks,light outdrives,all captured hinge pins with inserts,light cross pins,bearing steering rack,bearing brake system,7075 chassis,7075 shock towers,possibly aluminum clutch shoes and a lighter flywheel.

All this would be into a pro, what would need to be approved depends on how pricing would be, all of this would be on the higher end of pricing but if we put whats the need and keep the price within reason with options still avail then it could be possible for a pro to come out.

It would be great to see option parts from other companies make parts for the X3 and one company has and that's T-Works, they make aluminum axles for the CVD's from the buggy but do fit this car and the center pivot hubs for those CVD's also in aluminum, a center carbon Z-brace for the radio tray,and some ti-parts, so I'm hoping to see more because this car is badass, I'm working on a E-car now and will be out running this weekend to get a feel for it and to test the RTR powerplant.
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #162
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Any idea when the pro kit will be available?
66 Box Nova all motor LSX
1966ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:27 PM   #163
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -R2- View Post
A pro would be full on CVD's, aluminum braces,aluminum upper rear brace mount,rear aluminum hubs,front aluminum caster blocks,light outdrives,all captured hinge pins with inserts,light cross pins,bearing steering rack,bearing brake system,7075 chassis,7075 shock towers,possibly aluminum clutch shoes and a lighter flywheel.

All this would be into a pro, what would need to be approved depends on how pricing would be, all of this would be on the higher end of pricing but if we put whats the need and keep the price within reason with options still avail then it could be possible for a pro to come out.

It would be great to see option parts from other companies make parts for the X3 and one company has and that's T-Works, they make aluminum axles for the CVD's from the buggy but do fit this car and the center pivot hubs for those CVD's also in aluminum, a center carbon Z-brace for the radio tray,and some ti-parts, so I'm hoping to see more because this car is badass, I'm working on a E-car now and will be out running this weekend to get a feel for it and to test the RTR powerplant.
DJ - I would LOVE to see a Pro X3 GT kit. It is much more expensive to buy the current 80% car an option it up to a Pro than to just have a Pro kit offered in the first place. Personally, if I was the product manager of the X3 line I'd leave out the aluminum front carriers and the aluminum rear hubs in a Pro kit. They are very expensive parts and have a more minimal performance impact compared to the equivalent plastic parts. I couldn't really tell how straight the center driveline is but if it's pretty straight I'd also consider staying with dogbones for the center shafts - CVDs don't buy much there. The 7075 chassis and shock towers are a big deal, as are bearings everywhere, and the other lightweight driveline parts. If your feeling is that the Pro kits will be oriented towards the racing market, sell them without wheels/tires - no offense, but NO one will be racing this car in competition on the tires you'd provide. If you can get the Pro kit with these kind of changes into the $400 - $425 street price range the car will be a home run IMO. The one option that wasn't on your list are aluminum center transmission uprights - these are a tough item in plastic on most every GT because the brakes work so hard on these cars on some tracks, and the plastic uprights melt and distort. I also assume the Pro version would have that metal insert for the diff pinion bearings - I assume that was added to the offroad V2 kits because of a problem without it being there.

I'd be curious to hear the opinions of other GT racers on a Pro version. I hope Ofna comes out with one soon - I'm on the fence on the current version. On the other hand, GMK Supply could water jet some 7075 chassis and shock towers....hmmm.
Gary NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:29 AM   #164
Tech Rookie

Steve,

Where can I purchase a set of those disc brakes? I am assuming they will work for any 17mm?
Ansonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:10 AM   #165
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR Graphite View Post

Thanks for the feedback. Good or bad it is much appreciated.
I'd take a set for sure.