R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-27-2002, 01:54 AM   #76
Tech Initiate

I think it's best to tune by ear with the CN head. Run your engine to optimum running with the stock head to get a feel for how it should be running at peak performance. I think that the CN head cools so effectively that people may run it a little too lean to get it up to temperature. On my engines, I tuned the top end slightly leaner and the low end much leaner. After a good race day I found that I had the same performance and torque with a much better idle and fuel economy. My engine temperatures are in the 175-185 range. I believe the head temperature readings are much more consistent with the crankcase temperature which is a really good indicator of running temperature.
island-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 04:46 PM   #77
Tech Addict
Send a message via MSN to dynoman007 Send a message via Skype™ to dynoman007
Default hailo crazy nut

i have sent you guys my crazy nut mt12 head the tracking number is 1z3143990342184594 ups ..........................
this head has never been in an accident as you will see it just broke off at the lower fins the car is new the engine is new ..
lol the head passed my car as i was tuning in my parking lot
i e mailed you guys and got no response ????????????????
dynoman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 08:59 PM   #78
Tech Elite
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default Vulso

I have a brand new one in blue for .12 engines. It will fit all Nova Rossi and picco engines.

Let me know if you want it.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 06:16 PM   #79
Tech Fanatic

NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 10:38 PM   #80
Tech Adept
Default Re: Tuning with a Crazy Nut head

Originally posted by click, dublin
Hi Guys,

I put the Crazy Nut head on my MT-12 running in a MTX2.

I got temps off the plug of 100-120.

I put the standard head back on & got 240-260.

My question is do I re-adjust the carb with the Crazy Nut head to give me 220-260 temp?

I thought the engine ran a bit sluggish at the lower temps with the CN head.

Many Thanks
Do not re tune to the 240-260 temp range. The reason is that the temp that your geting is the temp that the head is radiating off. Your not actually getting the combustion temp because if that was the combustion temp the motor would not run. The chemicals in the fuel need to be at a certin temp befor they will emit vapors that are combustable. I don't know the actual temp for the the fue that we use but it is alot higher than 100-120. The numbers that you get from the new head will be a refrence for the motor now. So now that you know this, what you do get with the big head is the ability to more effecintly pull the heat off of the motor.
JPHRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 06:21 PM   #81
Tech Elite

Just tried my Crazy Nut head on an STS motor... seems to fit okay. Temp did drop at the glow plug about 40 degrees. I'm wondering how accurate these temp drops are though, because as the instructions in my Raytek temp gun says, that measuring temps off of a polished, reflective surface can skew the readings. The case temperature was about the same, maybe a few degrees cooler. Anyone experimented with more high dollar temp guns with the Crazy Nut?
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote