R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-19-2015, 10:23 PM   #16
Tech Adept

50% people in our club have motonica car,nice car and you can get the car parts on Internet very quickly。
Old 01-20-2015, 12:40 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Looking at the statistics of the last EC-A I believe only Robin d'Hondt was driving a Motonica.
Last year EURO's in Austria there were at least 4 Motonica guy's! First two and the las one are my friends

Final positions:
Nejc Mihelič SI 21th
Herfried Pucher AT 26th
D'Hond 34th
Goran Vignjevič SI 68

http://www.myrcm.ch/myrcm/report/en/16747/137210
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:57 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Default motonica competition car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geberit View Post
Last year EURO's in Austria there were at least 4 Motonica guy's! First two and the las one are my friends

Final positions:
Nejc Mihelič SI 21th
Herfried Pucher AT 26th
D'Hond 34th
Goran Vignjevič SI 68

http://www.myrcm.ch/myrcm/report/en/16747/137210
i have saw the Euro's in Austria too.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:11 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Robin D'Hondt has left for BMT, the Motonica is still a quick car, we have two drivers in the UK last season, and one finished 3rd overall in the championship and won a national.

Nothing wrong with the car, is it looking a tad dated? Yes. Is it slow? No!
Old 01-30-2015, 09:24 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHealey View Post
Robin D'Hondt has left for BMT, the Motonica is still a quick car, we have two drivers in the UK last season, and one finished 3rd overall in the championship and won a national.

Nothing wrong with the car, is it looking a tad dated? Yes. Is it slow? No!
+1 the cars work, they may not have the current crop of bells and whistles but they work fine. Parts support here in the US is non existent as such I get mine from Europe. I hope that they come around with a new car, but we may have to wait and see at Nürnberg if anything has changed. I do hope for the best, but may be looking at a new chassis end of the year :/

I think though that BPracing is owned by Fastom as well and may be their focus, given the new 4wd chassis.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:43 PM   #21
Tech Rookie

nica brand ,i will keep eye on motonica
leikvbjart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:48 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Default Where are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by romain_f View Post
Motonica still exists, but so that you know, RC is not their main activity.
they are still producing parts. They have produced pan car kits recently. But it's a bit too early to talk about a new on road 4x4!

For sure with all the new brands (HB, WRC, BP Racing) coming in onroad racing it's difficult to make money with so few customers!

Wait and see!
They really need to reply to their racers that have shouted out to them. Love my Motonica but not the way we're being kept in the dark. Anything would be better then nothing. There are not allot of us 1/8th on road guys out here, you'd think keeping in touch with the loyal ones would be a good idea.

Is that new pan car the Extreme II?
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:21 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to gary47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
They really need to reply to their racers that have shouted out to them. Love my Motonica but not the way we're being kept in the dark. Anything would be better then nothing. There are not allot of us 1/8th on road guys out here, you'd think keeping in touch with the loyal ones would be a good idea.

Is that new pan car the Extreme II?
LIKE SAID TO LON SENT FEW EMAIL TO MOTONICA and no reply also checked parts in several on road stores most susp arms not in stock. So iam closing this chapter in my rc racing car what have up for sale p81r2 200.00 takes it. ANY BODY NEEDS ONE
Old 05-21-2015, 04:46 AM   #24
Tech Apprentice

@Fred_turbo
Quote:
50% people in our club have motonica car,nice car and you can get the car parts on Internet very quickly
Could you be so kind and name a few of these retailers please?
I need a few parts for my P8C.
Johnson40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:57 AM   #25
Tech Regular

Default Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson40 View Post
@Fred_turbo

Could you be so kind and name a few of these retailers please?
I need a few parts for my P8C.
Me too!

Good luck with your P8C, a good car for sure.
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:27 PM   #26
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I have lot of parts for the Motonica P81RS,interested send me a PM I can sell them very cheap....

WWW.SPEEDLINEHOBBY.COM "A HOBBY STORE FOR RC RACERS"
IVAN RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:53 AM   #27
Tech Adept

Motonica car is not bad,
c0mmgeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 01:45 PM   #28
Tech Apprentice

it seems that they are not as popular in the USA as they once were when they lost parts support....darn....

Last edited by Ehmc2014; 06-07-2015 at 01:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Ehmc2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:59 PM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

As some have stated the parts support is not available here in the US, yet also overseas its dwindling. I used to get parts from Vdesign, Modellbau Graetz, Andelle, MW and Speed RC. These Retailers are pretty much dry on spares now. So unless its some overseas mom and pop shop, there really is not much to be had in the way of spares! Perhaps from China - unless someone has solid links to prove otherwise.

Since Garen closed / departed Motonica USA a few years ago the support in the US has dried up.

I have purchased chassis from people directly here at rctech for spares - even scoring a mint P8.0. But parts that I have ordered as recently as two months ago from Europe - have mostly been cancelled due to inventory discrepancies and non availability even from Motonica directly. As for Communications with Motonica / Fastom these have slowed too. In the 9 years that I have been in contact with them, the responses have grown short in content, as well as response times have increased. The chassis may run well still, but is no where near the crop of current platforms in terms of stability or tractability.

So - some have accepted Motonica as "folded". As unfortunate as it seems, its probably a 99% reality. Look at all their racers, R. D'Hondt, Romain D., Nejc Mihelic and Mirko were pretty much the last holdouts, and have since moved on. There are occasional popups of other (non factory) racers still running the last P81 chassis across Europe, but they are not placing as well as a couple years ago.

So as one of the last holdouts here in the US, I have enough spares to cover my P8C, P8F and old P8.0 to run for the fun of it.

I still have hope for Motonica – but I also had hope when Tecnopower slowed and they closed shop eventually too.

… now its time to try out the BP racing chassis 

Fastom the parent company of Motonica has though started their own Telemetry system for RC - http://www.celero.it/
1/8 IC Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:11 AM   #30
Tech Apprentice

I experience more or less the same. Got great support from V-Dezign but they can't get crucial parts either. The other day I noticed that the new classic by SPM Compétition from France has some striking similarities with Motonica's P8C. Their chassis looks absolutely fabulous. Quite expensive tough...
http://www.spmcompetition.com/#!kit/c1vzl
Johnson40 is offline   Reply With Quote