Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Bring The KF01 To The USA

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Evo 13
Nitro F1? I'm game for that.

What part of southern Cal do you guys race at, I'm moving the Fam out to San Diego (Otay Ranch-East Lake area) next year.

The track is in Orange. Its call Cal Raceway, I have been promoting Nitro Trans Am & Nitro GT Rubber Tire racing here. When I saw these Nitro F1 cars in action years ago I fell for them instantly.

This thread was started to let Kyosho know these cars will sell in The USA. Currently the Kyosho KF-01 is not sold in The United States Of America. Not smart!
Old 02-17-2014, 05:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T.MARSHALL

The track is in Orange. Its call Cal Raceway, I have been promoting Nitro Trans Am & Nitro GT Rubber Tire racing here. When I saw these Nitro F1 cars in action years ago I fell for them instantly.

This thread was started to let Kyosho know these cars will sell in The USA. Currently the Kyosho KF-01 is not sold in The United States Of America. Not smart!
Right now you can get that kit from japan for about $250.00 with shipping and if need parts order 2 kits for $500.00. If bring kits here what think they will sell for? unless you dealer . I seen kits go for$ 500.00 to $700.00 on ebay and rc thech.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gary47
Right now you can get that kit from japan for about $250.00 with shipping and if need parts order 2 kits for $500.00. If bring kits here what think they will sell for? unless you dealer . I seen kits go for$ 500.00 to $700.00 on ebay and rc thech.
If the kits are going for that much, there is price gouging going on for sure. Why not get together a list of about 10 to 20 guys that really want to buy the car along with a list of parts and do a group buy of it from Kyosho. If you do that (prepay it with Kyosho America), they will get them ship to the US for you guys in less time than buying it from an overseas website.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JLock
If the kits are going for that much, there is price gouging going on for sure. Why not get together a list of about 10 to 20 guys that really want to buy the car along with a list of parts and do a group buy of it from Kyosho. If you do that (prepay it with Kyosho America), they will get them ship to the US for you guys in less time than buying it from an overseas website.
My car came in 6 days from japan, price gouging if your dealer!!!!!!!!!! othe wise smart buy.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Pretty sure, we could and would have 5 to 10 of the Kyosho F1 cars running around our track in Toledo, OH if they and the parts could be easily purchased.

We have up to 24 F-1 1/10th cars race indoors on our carpet track. Should be able to get 1/2 on the big track. The Monkeys would scream.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Think they will do that for the RB7!!!!!
Old 02-18-2014, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MantisWorx

Call up Kyosho America, ask for Steve and tell him who you are.
I'm sure they would love to hear from you.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

My car came in 6 days from japan, price gouging if your dealer!!!!!!!!!! othe wise smart buy.
Nice! Where are you from?

Originally Posted by XPHamer
Pretty sure, we could and would have 5 to 10 of the Kyosho F1 cars running around our track in Toledo, OH if they and the parts could be easily purchased.
We have up to 24 F-1 1/10th cars race indoors on our carpet track. Should be able to get 1/2 on the big track. The Monkeys would scream.
I agree and before you know it there will be thirty guy showing up ready to race them.

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Nothing beats a failure but a try. Right? Either way not importing these cars to the USA is ignorant. Clearly there's a strong and growing market for Formula 1 racing fans were in the USA.
http://circuitoftheamericas.com/

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Call up Kyosho America, ask for Steve and tell him who you are.
I'm sure they would love to hear from you.
Juan, I called kyosho, the representitive I spoke was very kind but not helpful due the fact he was told the market here in the USA is too small to import the KF01 to the USA.

IMO: This is why you don't see these cars flooding the tracks in the USA.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

T.MARSHALL,

As the old saying goes, "You can attract more flies with honey than with vinegar." Ranting on the forums will not get you far. Also, as a word of note, there are some reps from some of the manufacturers that do view the r/c chat forums from time to time. So, ranting against them does not do you any good to win friends and influence them. As a business man, you have weigh the profits vs costs and there are times that it is not worth it for a company to bring in product(s) that will not sell. Yes, they do swing at times and miss some (Blizzard series comes to mind). Think about this, if the market was as good as you think it is, why wasn't the Spada 09 (its cousin) a big hit? Why, because there was not much of a market for nitro 12th scale in the US. Believe me, Kyosho America sent out fliers and their reps called some of the major shops around the US to gauge interest in the KF01. If a large percentage tell them that there will not be any interest in their areas, why would Kyosho invest a bunch of monies in product in which the inventory will not move and sit in their warehouse? Too many decisions like that will have that decision maker unemployed. If you want to win friends with Kyosho, don't rant here as much and work the scenario behind the scenes with Kyosho directly and try the group buy idea. If they still say no, then RC Toro (if they still exist) or RC Mart will be glad to take your monies for the kit.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Oh, and I am not Jspeed. Jspeed is Jeff, Jlock is Juan (me).
Old 02-19-2014, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

You've never driven nitro until you've driven a nitro blizzard. LOL I have an electric and nitro, wish I would have waited for the re-release of the electric though.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rcjunk-yard
You've never driven nitro until you've driven a nitro blizzard. LOL I have an electric and nitro, wish I would have waited for the re-release of the electric though.
The sarcasm is dually noted. Yes, for most of the US market, Kyosho missed on that offering. But, it is cool for you guys that live in the snowbelt for 3 to 8 months out of the year.

I would love for the KF-01 to be available to the US market. However, it won't be but if I really wanted one, I know how to get it through other sources. An r/c buddy of mine wanted a Spada 09 and Kyosho did not bring it here. So, he quietly got it through other sources; no ranting on the forums. All I am saying is that if a group or two can obtain the cars by whatever resourceful means, build up a following which would get more people to inquire with Kyosho about the product, then maybe Kyosho might reconsider.

My LHS would not carry the Plazma F1. I wanted one and got my LHS to special order it for me. Once I got it assembled and finished in the top 3 in the F1 class on our carpet track, more racers inquired about the car. Then guess what, my LHS started stocking the kit and some spare parts. Their first two orders flew off the shelves (over the Tamiya F104 kits). In fact, the Plazma F1 is a regular stock item with the Tamiya kits special ordered now. This is an example of how going about it diplomatically and reasonably can move obstacles.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

All I am saying is that if a group or two can obtain the cars by whatever resourceful means, build up a following which would get more people to inquire with Kyosho about the product, then maybe Kyosho might reconsider.

This is an example of how going about it diplomatically and reasonably can move obstacles.
Yeah, what he said……
Another way is for someone to have the courage to open their wallet and place an order for 20-30 kits and enough of the parts to support them here in America. Easy peasy, lol
Old 02-19-2014, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

To the powers at Kyosho, I'm a big fan of the KF01 Nitro F1 cars. Why not sell them in the USA? I called Kyosho USA and was told these cars will Not Be Availible For Sale in The USA. WHY NOT?
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by T.MARSHALL
To the powers at Kyosho, I'm a big fan of the KF01 Nitro F1 cars. Why not sell them in the USA? I called Kyosho USA and was told these cars will Not Be Availible For Sale in The USA. WHY NOT?
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
NO MARKET HERE USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.