Search

New servos decision

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Default New servos decision

Hello,

I need to change my Lab-CO2 servos, but i can't decide wich ones to choose,

My choices are the savox 1251mg and ko propo rsx one10 response.

But since the only servos i have used for the last 4 years are futaba(last ones BLS551) i don't really know which servos to choose.

I pretende to use them for steering and throttle.

One side question, do the ko propo servos use the same horns as futaba ones (25 teeth)?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Savox are pretty good in nitro cars. I've had quite a few. I avoid them in electric cars due brown out issues. Savox are 25t, same as futaba. I've no experience of ko servos however they are 23t and so you would need to change your servo horns to suit the new servos. No real issue. Hth.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i have not had any issues with the savox servo's and the problems i have heard are mostly from spectrum radio users
Old 02-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I would be careful with the 1251mg on the throttle. One of them stripped out on me last year right before the finals at the nationals. I think the throttle takes a little too much torque for these low profile speed servos. It should be perfectly fine for steering, but throttle, i would grab one of the high torque titanium gear savoxs
Old 02-03-2014, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 7rac3r3
Hello,

But since the only servos i have used for the last 4 years are futaba(last ones BLS551) i don't really know which servos to choose.

One side question, do the ko propo servos use the same horns as futaba ones (25 teeth)?

Thanks in advance!
The Ko Propo One10 servos are really nice, they will fit the C02 really well.
Ko Propo uses a 23T spline, so you will need new horns.

For this year I switched to Sanwa SRG-BLS servos, just because I wanted to try a full sanwa setup.

The RSX One10 I keep continue using in my 1/8 as a steering servo, it doesn't even give a kink!.

I would stay clear of Savox or any of their rebranded stuff, they are cheap, but also cheaply made.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

If you can afford a High End JR/Futaba then get them. the modern brushless digital HV are good investments. They'll cost you 1/2 the price of the chassis so they aren't cheap but they will deliver performance and reliability.

RC is about compromise and if you have been in the hobby a long time then you probably wouldnt post the question. It took me and my son 5 years before we could justify buying top end servos and it's better to be out there participating with your club with a SAVOX than it is sitting at home drooling over a servo without tyres to race with.

We used savox for years, none have failed they are plenty good enough if you have to compromise and work to a budget. Given time and you'll understand why some people think they are great and others don't. So go ahead and get the BEST SAVOX you can afford and get out on track and enjoy yourself.

ARGHHH.... Scrolled UP!! You already used BLS servos... Ignore the above and do what Daan says.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Thank you all for the answers,

I would buy again BLS but since i can't get them around here, i decided to try something diferente.

I use sanwa for the transmitter (m11x) but i had a lot of trouble with sanwa servos, so i sticked with the futaba ones a never tried other servos.
I do know they are expensive but they are really good.

I guess I'll go with the KO Propo despite hearing a lot of good things about savox they still haven't convinced me. Let's hope i won't have any problem with them till after EC-A.

Thank you all again.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

I would buy again BLS but since i can't get them around here, i decided to try something diferente.

I use sanwa for the transmitter (m11x) but i had a lot of trouble with sanwa servos, so i sticked with the futaba ones a never tried other servos.

I guess I'll go with the KO Propo despite hearing a lot of good things about savox they still haven't convinced me. Let's hope i won't have any problem with them till after EC-A.

Thank you all again.
may i know what problem you are facing with sanwa,i have using sanwa for few year but never give me problem
Old 02-05-2014, 03:00 AM
Tech Initiate

I had like 4 sanwa servos and they had such a short life, 3 of them actually after two races stoped working.

I don't actually remember which model was.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:50 AM
Tech Addict

Smile savox

Thank you all again.
I run IGT8 and have used Savox 1258 and 1268 for steering, with 0252 for throttle and haven't had issues with them. I run with Futaba radio on NIMH 5 cell and LIFE battery packs. I HAVE had Hi Tec servo failures as well as some of the original 130oz/in Kyosho servos but it was after an 'admirable life' of service of a couple years on the Kyosho and a bunch less on the Hi Tec. As long as you don't have a conflict with the Savox/Spectrum combination, you should be good to go ! Savox is my choice for servos.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ko propo or futaba. ATM I have KO rsx speed for steering and ko rsx one10 for throttle and love them both. They're in a nt1
Old 02-05-2014, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

savox 3 seasons in my gtp 2 seasons in my nt1 3 seasons in my tc3 2 seasons in my sakura zero no failures
Old 02-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hello,

Thanks in advance!
So there is a old saying that goes If it aint Broke Don't Fix It, Futaba was good for your application for four years and you are looking to switch because?

I would stick with what you know works-just sayin.