Wiki Posts
Search

DM-1 Spec set-up help

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default DM-1 Spec set-up help

I have read thru several of the different threads, but alot of the setup info is dated back in late 2010 and early 2011....also by the part numbers given they are for the 1/7th scale car since the spring numbers were for the short springs.

I just picked up a 1/8th DM-1 spec and it is bone stock other than Sweep GT 50 tires. I ran it on Wed and the rear end was really loose. I run on a concrete track that is small to medium in size, only hit second gear on the back straight, the rest is spent in first gear. I have read about standing up the front shocks and servo's. I would like to do that in the future if it would help, but any setup help with either shock option would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Last edited by utah300rum; 06-21-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I put 200,000 front diff oil
50.000 rear diff oil
1,000 weight diff oil in all 4 shocks
white springs on the front
This should solve your problem.. As far as standing up the front shocks it"s not really needed unless you want to lighten you car a little.. It does look cleaner though..
Old 06-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Thanks for the response.....I wanted to stiffen the front, I see my LHS has a set of both white & yellow short springs in stock but didnt want to buy both just yet.

I was waiting for a response on oils and springs before I tore it apart.... hopefully I can get it set-up before Wed night.