R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Is this a legit site? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/788527-legit-site.html)

armysoldier1073 01-26-2014 04:19 PM

Is this a legit site?

I may be wrong in doing this but I am wanting to see if anyone has heard of this site or used it. If it is not legit i just don't want people to loose money. It is only reason I'm posting link. The prices are way too good to be true especially for.... well everything.

MODS if this is not acceptable please let me know.

http://www.hpircplanet.com/

ThePanda 01-26-2014 04:45 PM

If you ask yourself that.... It should be an automatic no.

spookie 01-26-2014 04:56 PM

One month old, based out of China. http://www.statscrop.com/www/hpircplanet.com

Skaidragon 01-26-2014 05:15 PM

If paypal accepted for payment, I would buy it. But only wire bank and western union for payment, NO THANK YOU!!!

Beware, do not buy it!!!!

bertrandsv87 01-26-2014 05:34 PM

I never use paypal or credit cards, and only pay with moneyorders or westernunion money transfer.... I have not lost One order yet, and I am not worried about my financial info being stolen either.....

kyosho malaysia 01-27-2014 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by armysoldier1073 (Post 12944879)
I may be wrong in doing this but I am wanting to see if anyone has heard of this site or used it. If it is not legit i just don't want people to loose money. It is only reason I'm posting link. The prices are way too good to be true especially for.... well everything.

MODS if this is not acceptable please let me know.

http://www.hpircplanet.com/

Local customers can place an order online and pick it up at our Canyon Hobbies store or, contact the Sales Department at 866.787.5487 for further questions regarding this program.

call them and get their address for checking purposes

noddy2 01-27-2014 06:55 AM

is this legit

Ok ,ive just spent a couple of hours looking at this site ,and as you say ,its hard to believe the prices and huge range ,apparently in stock.
Ime tempted to try it ,and maybe just buy one or two items and see what happens .

Has anyone dealt with this store and had a win ?:weird:

noddy2 01-27-2014 08:45 AM

too good to be true ?

Originally Posted by noddy2 (Post 12946687)
Ok ,ive just spent a couple of hours looking at this site ,and as you say ,its hard to believe the prices and huge range ,apparently in stock.
Ime tempted to try it ,and maybe just buy one or two items and see what happens .

Has anyone dealt with this store and had a win ?:weird:

one thing i dont understand is they have Master card and Visa logos on the page ,but when you try to pay ,all they give is a private address of some one in hong kong and you have to pay by western union or 'direct pay money order' whatever that means.Im'e in Australia and have no idea how to use western union ,or send money direct ,so its a no go for me .My computer wont send E Mail either so ile try to contact from local Library tomorow .

JLock 01-27-2014 08:55 AM

Like someone posted earlier, if you have to ask this question, then probably it is not a legitimate site. Why not just order stuff from the established sites or buy from your LHS? Trying to be super "cheap" about trying to find the lowest price product X on r/c website Z will lead to you eventually getting ripped off and/or your identity stolen. Sometimes you have to ask yourself if it is worth the risk of possibly getting ripped off just to save a couple of dollars?

jwmustang 01-27-2014 09:01 AM

Let us know how that goes.
Do not do a Western Union!

JLock 01-27-2014 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by jwmustang (Post 12947132)
Let us know how that goes.
Do not do a Western Union!

I second this post about Western Union. Very limited recourse of recouping your monies if the site/company is not legit. Also, Western Union is the modus operendi of scammers as far as sending/retrieving money.

noddy2 01-27-2014 03:09 PM

1/2 price

Originally Posted by JLock (Post 12947107)
Like someone posted earlier, if you have to ask this question, then probably it is not a legitimate site. Why not just order stuff from the established sites or buy from your LHS? Trying to be super "cheap" about trying to find the lowest price product X on r/c website Z will lead to you eventually getting ripped off and/or your identity stolen. Sometimes you have to ask yourself if it is worth the risk of possibly getting ripped off just to save a couple of dollars?

were not talking about a few dollars ,were talkin half price and $2.50 freight.
like $200 for a gen 2 speed and $175 for a rb BXR .so its well worth checking out just incase its legit.
and by the way i dont have a LHS !

mkorn 01-27-2014 03:18 PM

The prices are below dealer cost. In fact below distributor cost.

mtpocketsracing 01-27-2014 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by noddy2 (Post 12948407)
were not talking about a few dollars ,were talkin half price and $2.50 freight.
like $200 for a gen 2 speed and $175 for a rb BXR .so its well worth checking out just incase its legit.
and by the way i dont have a LHS !

U must be new to online shopping. You can get the tekin rx8 gen2 at amain for 209 and free shipping. If you want to risk your money stolen from you to save $6.50 go right ahead

Oh I see you're from aus. There are plenty of legit online stores to choose from. If the prices seem really good that because they're bait. Don't be a fool. Keep shopping.

No legit store doesn't accept credit. That's your biggest red flag. Why? Because they know the banks can come after them with lawyers and the authorities for one. And two to be able to accept credit they have to provide a lot of financial and personal info.. they have to have a business license to even open up a bank account. What criminal is willing to fraud the government, banks and credi card companies?

The second red flag is those static images of site verification seals at the bottom of the page. When you get those legitimatelly from those companies they have to be links and open a webpage for you to read their certification. Nothing on that site opens even though they're from legit companies.

That site reeks of criminal

noddy2 01-27-2014 04:56 PM

Beware

Originally Posted by mtpocketsracing (Post 12948462)
U must be new to online shopping. You can get the tekin rx8 gen2 at amain for 209 and free shipping. If you want to risk your money stolen from you to save $6.50 go right ahead

Oh I see you're from aus. There are plenty of legit online stores to choose from. If the prices seem really good that because they're bait. Don't be a fool. Keep shopping.

No legit store doesn't accept credit. That's your biggest red flag. Why? Because they know the banks can come after them with lawyers and the authorities for one. And two to be able to accept credit they have to provide a lot of financial and personal info.. they have to have a business license to even open up a bank account. What criminal is willing to fraud the government, banks and credi card companies?

The second red flag is those static images of site verification seals at the bottom of the page. When you get those legitimatelly from those companies they have to be links and open a webpage for you to read their certification. Nothing on that site opens even though they're from legit companies.

That site reeks of criminal

thanks very much mtpockets ,makes sense now ,yeah ,to good to be true.I was just curious when checking out new posts is all . I get most of my stuff from a local track side mobile store ,prices are very fair ,if he hasn't got it ,he can usually get in .