Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Brad,

Look at what you started.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jwf_frani
just wondering how many 1/8 scales and 235mm opens have been confirmed for sign up?
There are 71 in 8th scale.
There are 4 in 10th scale.
There is one entry in the "Obsessed with Scott Fisher's underwear" class.

Actually, it looks like the last time the RAMS website was updated was on the 19th, but as of then the totals listed are:

10 entries in 1/8th
3 entries in 1/10th
Old 07-25-2005, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BadBoyRC
sedanaddict

IN REGION 12 WERE TALKING ABOUT. WHAT A DIP

GO BACK TO OHIO..
Badboy if you ARE TALKING ABOUT REGION 12, come to KZ speedway and you will see fast big track and RAMS will not look for you biggest anymore.
Travel man, travel!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

KZ hosting the sedan regionals, that wouldn't be a bad idea. The track hasn't hosted one that I could remember and could help get thier onroad program going again.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Most manufacturers don't make tall enough sedan gears for KZ. You have to run full size tires with the tallest gears and you still risk popping your motor if you don't lift at the end of the straight. I thought running 1/8 scale was fun there. Even my tallest gears on my 235mm were barely enough for that straight.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't propose to run sedans on KZ, I just sad to badboy that RAMS is not bigest track in Region 12. Run sedans there is actualy really fan, but need really tough motors. BTW, that is the track where I started to test my stuff was very good place to tortur the engines.
Edward
Old 07-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Damn Scott, nice to see you're the same ol' guy with the panties and everything. lol How's the racing in Vegas?
Old 07-25-2005, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

I believe the basic point that was being stated here is that originally the format stated the 1/10 scales would be place with the open 10th scale which is not appealing to to touring car racers. Secondly, you could sign up for only one class. This is poor magagement of a club elected by roar to host a regional event. We are all here to race and be competitive and also to help our sport grow. Those of us that are willing to travel and endure the cost of plane flights, hotel rooms, food and rental cars to help support the event deserve to be considered even if they are not driving a 1/8th car.

I know that the Rams are a 1/8th scale club. I was one of the original five guys that were racing the 1/8th scale cars in Northern Cal over 20 years ago. And that racing developed into the Rams club. The club got larger because we all encourage the growth of the sport. If the focus is still in that particular scale that is great, but let roar know your intentions. There are only three entries because of the posted flyer by the Rams. This would not make any 1/10th scale racer wish to participate or support this event.

If we need separte events then lets do it and Roar know this in advance and lets make the appropriate plans.

I am glad that Roar got involved and responded quickly. I know that next year will be better!!! I am use to saying this... we have the Cardinal football team here in Phoenix!!!! lol
Old 07-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KevinLRC
Damn Scott, nice to see you're the same ol' guy with the panties and everything. lol How's the racing in Vegas?
Whats happening Kevin?? Nitro offroad is quite strong as usual, but I have pretty much been exclusive to onroad. I still enjoy offroad when I race it, but just like onroad that much more.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fraz
Most manufacturers don't make tall enough sedan gears for KZ. You have to run full size tires with the tallest gears and you still risk popping your motor if you don't lift at the end of the straight. I thought running 1/8 scale was fun there. Even my tallest gears on my 235mm were barely enough for that straight.

I know which layout your talking about and i agree that it would pop motors, but KZ also has a layout were they put a kink right before the straight and is a alot easier on the engines. Speaking of popping motors my cousin Ron poped a .21 over there when KZ hosted the Norca worlds or nats.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Default Sedan Fuel Regionals

Other regions have separated the regionals in a similar way. Region 1 is doing this this year as well to allow both classes more openings.

Efforts are being made to add a Sedan regionals for this year since no bids were in for this yet but a few tracks are now interested.

Although a couple individuals are making efforts to make this not happen by threatening to boycott one or the other race. This activity makes any track owner wonder if there is value to holding a race. Please show your support to the track owners who are trying to hold these races.

Please do not allow these few people to ruin the chances for everyone to have a Region 12 Fuel Sedan National.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Efforts are being made to add a Sedan regionals for this year since no bids were in for this

This is funny who new to bid for just the Sedan class since you told me today that you didnt even know this was the plan for the regionals.

THe Rams have the right to run the race anyway they see fit, but why was no one told about this 8 months into the year? Makes me wonder what really is going on with the roar President and reg 12 director? Typical no communication from roar as usual. Your turn mr President.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Top Gun 777
Badboy if you ARE TALKING ABOUT REGION 12, come to KZ speedway and you will see fast big track and RAMS will not look for you biggest anymore.
Travel man, travel!!!!!!

I know about kz/svm speedway.. I was there with Karlton when it was concieved and built.

There is no club running this track at this time. It was designed as a 5th scale track. for the ifmar worlds and nationals..

There has not been sucessful running on 8th scale there in my knowledge.. its way too big.. thats why its not done there.. 8th scalers go to revelation or crystal park, or run with the santa fe springs club or glaarc.

the same goes for sedans running on the rams track.. its way to big.. sure there are the few who have done it and while its fun.. the racing of 10th scale on a big track doesn't allow close racing.. unless you put 20 guys on it.

I believe that sep sedan regionals should be the way to go. more racing for everyone.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:58 PM
Tech Regular

Default Incredible!!!

I guess I have to add a few bits to chew on !!!!!

If I'm not mistaken the Roar Region 12 Championships have always included all of the classes with the 235 mm falling out of favor recently the .12 Sedan Class had taken over as the class with the most available entries to make the events large and fun for all.

I had thought that I had seen some postings earlier in the year about Las Vegas hosting the Regionals and then a few months later it had changed to the Rams Club, which I think I can speak for alot of us, had assumed that it would include all classes which it did, however, it appears a major bias towards 1/8th scale is currently present according to most of the posts.

If other Regions have held seperate events then I suppose precedence has been set that would allow it to be done in other regions, it's just kind of lame that (As Rich has said) that almost 8 months into the year this is the scenario we are dealing with.

I would vote to have the Old Faithful and well seasoned crew of the Pro Car West Club in Compton getting back together to help run a Regional Event and revive the track at Compton that apparently Mugen has some interest in OR ask Rich and his crew in Vegas to Ready a race in the near future seeing as how they can usually handle a Big Race with the help of a few others in short order.

I must say that BadboyRC is probably not speaking for the entire Rams Club and is only spouting off about his own thoughts, however, I think all should continue this discussion and see if something else can be worked out
Old 07-25-2005, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)
Thumbs up

Fish,

breathe dude, your wastin' your time & energy with this guy....get'a packin for the GLC......did your chassis get here yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.