Search

Puerto Rico rc speedway

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 09:44 AM
Tech Addict

Smile Nice

Originally Posted by Angel Santiago
Ready for sunday

Thanks to JLock, I was able to get a satellite view of the track 'off of 681'. Could one of you guys give the 'usual' scenarios for the 'fly-in' types that most likely go into San Juan for hotel, rental car etc. Or is that 'smaller' airport the right one? It appears that all of the hotels are quite a ways away. My first 2 visits to P.R. were spent sleeping on the ground with a 'poncho liner' on Vieques.

Maybe you guys could do a little 'PR' for the new track promoter to let us figure out how to pay you a visit. (airport/hotel/car/etc)........

Sounds like there is a lot of enthusiasm for the track 'make-over'........congrats for the 'new guy'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jerry,

It is easier to fly into San Juan and rent a car/van there. You can stay in San Juan but it will cost you. There are hotels going towards Barceloneta and it is just finding one that will not "break your pocket". Oh, when you rent your vehicle, make sure you ask them about including toll charges in the rental fee. The main highway is a toll road outside of San Juan and it is easier to drive through the express lane than to wait in the long lines to toss coins in the toll collection bucket.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jneg
The track has been completely gone over. The Driver stand is 42 feet long and it's completely covered. The new administration went all out and invested in brand new sound system as well as new scoring system and laptop dedicated only for races. There is a lot of interest from all racers here and this year should be awesome.

JLock my friend just buy your ticket and let me know when!
Jneg, I will hold you to that!!! Wanted to fly down last year for the Winter Cup but between spending Thanksgiving with my dad in Las Vegas and going home to spend Christmas with my mom in Mississippi, was a little short of cash. I want to do at least one race with you guys this year, if possible. Heck, just hanging out in the pits, talking, play dominos, and eating with the group again would be nice, even if I don't race.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:45 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up Okay

Originally Posted by JLock
Jerry,

It is easier to fly into San Juan and rent a car/van there. You can stay in San Juan but it will cost you. There are hotels going towards Barceloneta and it is just finding one that will not "break your pocket". Oh, when you rent your vehicle, make sure you ask them about including toll charges in the rental fee. The main highway is a toll road outside of San Juan and it is easier to drive through the express lane than to wait in the long lines to toss coins in the toll collection bucket.
That's what I was looking for!!!!!!!!

I about freaked out trying to get to Mike's Gulf Coast Hobbies Track last Oct from near San Antonio until I called the shop and was told it was NOT a hassle to get through the 'Sam Houston' etc.,etc.,etc. toll maze down there.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Gracias

Angelito, JNegron,Yuki muchas gracias por el reportaje
Old 01-24-2014, 01:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

No snow , no ice , no cold , only good season all year around, temperatures are from 75 to 90
This days ....
Old 01-24-2014, 05:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Ready for sunday

Ready for night action

Old 01-24-2014, 05:51 PM
Tech Initiate

This gonna be a good year in the rc racing in Puerto Rico. Were going to post later the regular schedule and upcoming special events..
Old 01-27-2014, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Angel Santiago
This gonna be a good year in the rc racing in Puerto Rico. Were going to post later the regular schedule and upcoming special events..
Can't wait for you to post your racing schedule for 2014. The new layout and drivers' stand looks sweet!!! Could see a 2014 Winter Cup on my schedule if things fall into place by then.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

looking good PR. here I come
Old 01-28-2014, 02:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yukiyu11
tu vives aca??
En New York!
Old 01-29-2014, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

where is the location exactly.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
where is the location exactly.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Barce...erto+Rico&z=19
Old 02-05-2014, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Heard you guys have had your first race of the season on the new layout. How was it? Were the lap times still in the very low 20 sec range? How was the track view from the new drivers' stand in its new location? What was getting in and out of pit lane like since being moved to the backstretch? Sorry for all the questions.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You guys race any 1/8 gt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.